IJ and the Spirit of the People (Ch 1 Now Online!)

QBComics

Pretty good! Gotta say the train fight was neat! (y) My only complaint is you managed to sneak Pirates music in it. But it fit pretty well to what was happening at the time. ;)

The Soviets and Nazis in the same movie!? Awesome. I also loved the Forrest battle between the Russian I belive. Very brutal. :D

Sneaking around the base was very neat as well.
Favorite line: "Don't take..." *Chokes man* "My whip". Race to the Cave looks great!!

Last edited:

Ska

Thanks for watching, QB!

Indy sneaking around the base was actually us sneaking around a base. There is a tank building facility behind where I work, and we snuck onto the grounds and filmed a little (pre 9-11).

Yeah I had to use the Pirates material (and some Haunted Mansion Disney ride themes). I'm also using a little Star Wars in Chapter 5.

The guy who is making the music isn't able to play much more Indy stuff, and I needed some faster music for the fight (and the upcoming quad chase)...so I needed to use some of his other material. His piano has a cool old fashioned sound to it, and I wanted to keep it consistent by only using his music.

Chapter 5 is just about done...all I need is to finish overlaying the music. I was also able to use some of iMovie's special effects (not seen in any of the previous chapters), and they look great and add a lot to the finished film.

Chapter 5 looks to be online Tuesday morning, with the final chapter to follow shortly thereafter. Chapter 6 will be 3 minutes of movie and 6 minutes of credits...just what's needed to conclude the movie.

muttjones

nice. This is by far my favourite chapter. The chase scene turned out brilliantly.

what were the flashing lights in the caves when Stych was doing the chant?

My only criticism would be that there were not enough close up shots in the chant sequence. We did not get to see the madness in Stych's eyes.

Otherwise great work. Cant wait to see the end.(y) (y)

Ska

Thanks again for watching, Mutt.

Yeah I really like the chase scene, too.

I wish we had more close up shots during the entire film. But unfortunately, it's too late for that.

The "flashing lights" in the cave aren't even there. In iMovie, when you add an "aged film" effect to the scene, it almost seems like there are light and dark flashes on the screen. I used the aged film effect for the entire movie, but the flashes show up more in the darkness of the cave.

I noticed it too when editing, but there was nothing I could do to prevent it.

muttjones

SKAbatula said:
Thanks again for watching, Mutt.

Yeah I really like the chase scene, too.

I wish we had more close up shots during the entire film. But unfortunately, it's too late for that.

The "flashing lights" in the cave aren't even there. In iMovie, when you add an "aged film" effect to the scene, it almost seems like there are light and dark flashes on the screen. I used the aged film effect for the entire movie, but the flashes show up more in the darkness of the cave.

I noticed it too when editing, but there was nothing I could do to prevent it.

did you put an aged film effect over your film and a black & white effect? I made a short western showdown film with imovie and when i put on the aged film effect there would be spots where the colour would change for a few frames. These would then be seen as flashes when a black & white effect would be added as well i guess.

QBComics

Great job! Love the chase scene. The stuntwork and the references to Raiders were great! Definatley a favorite of mine :).

Ska

Thanks QB!

I might release chapter 6 today. I was going to wait until next week (like the old serials), but only a few people here seem to be watching...so I might as well release it today.

muttjones

brilliant. nice way to finish. i chuckled at the stock footage of the students. "Why did we want him back again?" lol

Great job with the overall thing. Enjoyed it thoroughly.

Whats next?

Ska

muttjones said:
brilliant. nice way to finish. i chuckled at the stock footage of the students. "Why did we want him back again?" lol

Great job with the overall thing. Enjoyed it thoroughly.

Whats next?

The classroom scene originally took place after the Barnett Museum scene in Chapter 2 (back then there were no chapters). After Indy falls down drunk and Hamlin walks over him to leave, Jock and Deirdre come to help Indy up, and Deirdre says something about him not being able to teach tomorrow...then it cut to Indy at the chalkboard teaching his class. During the end of class, Indy sees someone looking into the window, and he gets nervous. After class, Indy walks to the window to see who it was, and Henry Sr. comes up behind him. Henry then tells Indy that he was contacted by Stych to translate a map, but he couldn't do it. So Henry took it upon himself to set up a meeting between Indy and Stych at the airfield.

I decided to cut Henry's part out because my "beard" looked really fake (half falling off the whole time). And we really didn't have an ending for the movie...after the earthquake, Indy just fell to the ground and said that he couldn't wait to get back to his day job. So I added the explosion and moved the classroom to the end. Found the stock class footage and redid the entire ending. It looks a little silly, but it's better than no ending at all.

Glad you enjoyed the film, mj.

Well...I think getting married 3 years ago might have stopped my movie making. Not sure how my wife would feel about me getting dressed up and "playing" in the woods. lol

Oh well, you never know...;)

I actually do have a sequel filmed, called Indiana Jones and the Light of Eternity...but it was filmed before this one (when I was just in high school).

Spirit of the People was actually a prequel (ala Temple of Doom).

And it's bad, really bad.

The story is about a sacred candle that the Nazi's are trying to find. Once the candle is found, it has to be lit with the Flame of Eternity. Whoever lights the candle with the flame will be all powerful...or something like that...I don't exactly remember.

I do play Henry Jones, Sr. in the film though...it might be worth re-editing just to see me with a fake beard made of Christmas decorating snow. lol The beard actually looked good during the film...Henry's actually the sidekick during the whole film.

Actually thinking about it again, the film wasn't TOO bad...it might just be in need of some fine tuning...stay tuned ya' never know!

Last edited:

Ska

Yeah I will probably edit the sequel also.

But it will take some time to edit/convert to silent film.

I'd want to make it consistent with this one.

Ska

Yeah...for a longer "internet" film, having one 50 minute movie is a little too much to digest at one time.

The sequel is probably just about the same length (from what I remember...haven't watched it in years), so I'll stick to chapters.

Plus it allows me to upload a chapter at a time...getting it on the 'net sooner. And chapters give it more of a serial feel.

The only reason it's a sequel is for a return of one of the characters (besides Indy of course)...you'll have to wait to see which one...

Ska

Thanks for the kind words and thanks for watching, QB!

Yeah Stych did get what he deserves...