Match wits against the geekiest of us all.

Pale Horse

Staff member
Om Namah Sivaya

A five-syllabled mantra of Siva is the Gross Pranava. The name Siva is used in the dative case with Namah prefixed. (Namah Sivaya ? Homage to Siva). It implies the five principles. The Japa of the five-syllabled manta shall always be performed along with Pranava i.e. OM NAMAH SIVAYA. A man can achieve everything by means of the Japa of the five-syllabled mantra: or more simply put "Adoration to Siva"

The Dance of Siva represents the movement inherent in matter, when Siva stops dancing, the illusion of matter is destroyed.

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
Give up?

Okay, since there have been about six guesses, and none of them right. The line is in Raiders, one of the girls in the classroom says it as she leaving the room. You can only hear it on the DVDs.

Pale Horse

Staff member
So Aaron, what about the poor lonely souls who are expecting the DVD's a an X-MAS gift...are we not geeky?

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
apalehorse said:
So Aaron, what about the poor lonely souls who are expecting the DVD's a an X-MAS gift...are we not geeky?
Nope...;)
I'm sure you could hear it on the VHS if you were listening for it.

Rave&wood

Didnt he think it had been deserted since the 1850's?
or was it 1885?
I may be pulling that 1885 date from the Back to the Future 3 portion of my brain. Dang and i knew that Jacque Yankees cap question!
Here's my question-

Name the three famous people who "cameo" in the scene in TOD of Indy, Willie, and Shorty getting on the plane in Shanghai. One is easy because they speak, the other two are waving in the background.

Marcus Petrius

It was deserted since the mutiny of ...

1857 that was. I don't know where I picked that up, maybe in the script or subconsciously from the movie. Or from reading about Indian history.

IJstuntman23

I am sorry to say that that is an incorrect answer.....
Indy says while in the hut with the village elder....."i thought the place had been deserted since..eh 1850's"

Rave&wood

Correct stunty!
I wonder if this is the only movie George Lucas has cameo'd in period. I know another Spielberg cameo, (in a movie he hasnt directed) but I'll save that question for another day.

NEW QUESTION -

Name the line (or lines) in each Indy film (yes all three!) that makes reference to Indy's mother. (kinda tricky)

TheOldBum

"I never understood it, and neither did mom."

"And my mother's ears."

"It was tough growing up alone" (Impies that she died when he was very young)

And quit bolding your type!

Cheers,

Old Bum

Rave&wood

I shall never quit the bold. :)
Ok Old bum has Last Crusade covered (except for Connery's lines about her)
What about the other two films?

IJstuntman23

Raven i wil have to think about your question....i pretty sure i got it but i will let you know....in the mean time...

How many times did Indys hat come off in the movies? i mean from start to finish in each movie, how many times?

Rave&wood

Can you be just a wee more specific, i.e., do you mean every single time the hat is just not on his head, or every time it "falls" off?

TheOldBum

D'oh! I thought you said name the three indy quotes, not quotes from each of the three movies. I dunno. I haven't seen ToD in years, so I'm not up to snuff on my quotations. In Raiders, doesn't he say "Marcus, you're beginning to sound like my mother!" or some such thing? Anyway, great question.

Cheers,

The Old Bum.