KotCS OST track listings

11. Orellana's Cradle
13. Hidden Treasure and the City of Gold

Soooo...
El Dorado, then?
Was not expecting that.

Also,

16. Ants!

That's original and potentially awesome.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
What no Marion theme? I'm uber pissed!:mad: As for NO. 13.... I told you so!

There was something to each of those MPAA titles!

isaac_z

number 15 seems to verify those kids' books from a while back... hmm... who is this person?!

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
I'm just not happy there isn't a Marion theme reprise. I must say though those MPAA titles did refer to a "City of Gold" so I wasn't really surprised to see a track with a reference to El Dorado.

Zorg

I bet there are hints of Marion's theme on the track called "Return". ;)

But just what the hell is "Orellana's Cradle"?

|ZiR|

Violet Indy said:
I'm just not happy there isn't a Marion theme reprise.

You and me both.

I must say though those MPAA titles did refer to a "City of Gold" so I wasn't really surprised to see a track with a reference to El Dorado.

I've been trying to avoid spoilers for the past few months so I missed whatever the MPAA titles were. The El Dorado references certainly threw me for a loop when I saw the tracks! Aliens and El Dorado? Together? That's... different. :/

Mutt Williams said:
I wonder what is the "Departure" track for? Spaceship flying off the ground?

That was my first thought too, but it could also be just another riding-off-into-the-sunset-deal ala LC.

Zorg said:

Orellana is a province in Ecuador, named after the explorer Francisco de Orellana who supposedly sailed from the town in search of El Dorado.

IndyFan89

Zorg said:

Francisco de Orellana was a Spanish explorer and conquistador.

Orellana took part in the Spanish conquest of Peru with Francisco Pizarro, and was one of Gonzalo Pizarro's lieutenants during Gonzalo's 1541 expedition east of Quito into the South American interior in search of La Canela, the illusory "Valley of Cinnamon".

In December 1541, at what is today the Napo River, Orellana's ship was separated from the main force. In one of the most improbably successful voyages in known history, Orellana managed to sail the length of the Amazon River, arriving at the river's mouth in August 1542.

It was on this voyage that the Amazon got its name; Orellana wrote that he was attacked by fierce female warriors, but it is possible that he actually fought long haired male Amerindian warriors.

Orellana died trying to travel up from the mouth of the Amazon.

The present-day Ecuadorian province of Orellana was named after him.

NileQT87

hey, didn't ray winstone say mac has a dilemma about his loyalties? what if mac's last name is oxley?

i dare hope that's another fake. it doesn't look like there's a single, nice lazy romantic scene in the film! no marion theme! it looks like a lot of action scenes. where's the equivalent of "marion's theme" and "nocturnal activities"? the utter lack of marion in there means that her theme better be referenced somewhere in some of the other tracks.

i might cry if indy and marion never get a decent scene together.

and you have the raiders march followed by a crystal skull theme. really? no opening adventure... no end of another adventure? and #7's academic setting being *that* late in the film after a lot of adventure stuff?

if so, the opening adventure is without indy--it's irina and mutt and involves the crystal skull. mutt's introduction, you'd think, would be near the university stuff... unless the film opens at the university instead of at the end of another adventure. if not, mutt gets the opening adventure with irina and the skull--that seems bizarre to me. and when was the main object of the opening teaser the same as the rest of the main film?

i'm calling bogus. it doesn't mesh at all with the formula of scene placement.

hopefully, "spell of the skull" is academic exposition and "orellana's cradle" is something nice and slow (a scene like "to cairo" or a glorious piece of music like "keeper of the grail"). "journey to akator" is likely akin to the elephant ride, "to cairo", "x marks the spot", "the canyon of the crescent moon", etc... please let it be lazy, slow and travelogue-like... and possibly with a little red line.

also--no irish castle, if we're going to believe the same source that gave us "oxley" (leapfrog).

Last edited:

Blue Jay

maybe cradle refers to the fountain of youth LOL :p

the tracklist sounds great.

"departure" could be like "the warehouse" on the raiders soundtrack and the gang is leaving south america?

what really makes me wonder is where the area 51 stuff is located. it could be the call of the crystal right at the beginning.

to me it seems as if there are missing parts of things we know on the soundtrack list.