Funniest moments

LostArk

When Indy sees Mac again during the jungle chase and Mac opens his arms and says "Jonesey!" and Indy just punches him in the face :D

sandiegojones

I think Indy saying to Mac "I'm gonna break your nose" and then punching him and Mac saying "You broke my nose!" to which Indy says "I told you." was much funnier.

LostArk

sandiegojones said:
I think Indy saying to Mac "I'm gonna break your nose" and then punching him and Mac saying "You broke my nose!" to which Indy says "I told you." was much funnier.

Oh yeah, of course that too.

deckard24

Mutt dipping his comb in that guy's coke was hysterical!! In my opinion that was one of the best moments of the whole film, not to mention the entire diner sequence was great!

Lonsome Indy

Mutt Williams: Grab the snake!
Indiana Jones: Stop calling it that! Call it something else!
Mutt Williams: Like what?
Indiana Jones: A rope! Call it a rope!
Mutt Williams, Marion Ravenwood: Grab the rope!

i loved that scene, and even the three waterfalls too. it was hysterical when the camra pans out to show the last two as they keep get steeper and steeper.

sandiegojones

deckard24 said:
Mutt dipping his comb in that guy's coke was hysterical!! In my opinion that was one of the best moments of the whole film, not to mention the entire diner sequence was great!
That's my favorite scene in the film. The writing, acting, editing and camera work are great, There's a lot of information being given to the audience and there's a lot of little jokes and good music.

deckard24

sandiegojones said:
That's my favorite scene in the film. The writing, acting, editing and camera work are great, There's a lot of information being given to the audience and there's a lot of little jokes and good music.
Yeah, it's definitely overall one of the best written sequences in the entire film, and just feels so much like old school Indy! When Mutt grabs the beer off the waitresses' tray and Indy puts it back cracks me up too!

Katarn07

In addition to pretty much everything mentioned above, these stood out for me as some of the funnier moments in all 4 films:

Indy: "I rode with Pancho Villa."
Mutt: "Bull s**t!"

Indy: "If you want to be a good archeologist, you have to get out of the library!"

Mutt: "You fight pretty good for an old guy. What are you? Like 80?"

The atomic bomb test was funny. Harrison's reaction to the whole thing had me laughing really hard the first time through. And the second time, I noticed that they start scrubbing him a bit too low for comfort and he grabs the thing and puts it back up on his chest. Too funny.

James

-Marion trying to talk with the gag in her mouth cracks me up, specifically the way she spits out, "Because I thought we were going to die!"

-Another great touch is the way Indy starts trying to fit the word "son" into his all dialogue with Mutt: "You might want to cover your ears...son!"

-When Mac gets to Akator and starts complaining: "Where's all the gold? Look at this dump. What a stupid legend. What a waste of my time."

-Indy's amused grin whenever he's skeptical about something. For example, when Spalko attempts to read his mind at Area 51, or when she reveals her plan in the jungle tent.

-The fact that after three films, Indy has finally learned his lesson when encountering the MacGuffin: "Oh, I believe, sister. That's why I'm down here."

Lonsome Indy said:
i loved that scene, and even the three waterfalls too. it was hysterical when the camra pans out to show the last two as they keep get steeper and steeper.

I love Indy's reaction when Oxley first says, "It drops three times." It's basically a mix of concern and confusion all in one.

The moment where they are about to go over the last waterfall is also great, with Indy quietly removing his hat and holding it close. It reminds me of the moment in LC when he is about to go over the cliff in the tank.

sarah navarro

Lonsome Indy said:
Mutt Williams: Grab the snake!
Indiana Jones: Stop calling it that! Call it something else!
Mutt Williams: Like what?
Indiana Jones: A rope! Call it a rope!
Mutt Williams, Marion Ravenwood: Grab the rope!
I thought this was hilarious but i like when Mutts throwing the snake at him and everytime it hits him he makes a little squealing noise "HEH" and pulls back and makes weird faces:D hysterical!

I also like when Indy says
"Hit this guy"
so Mutt punches him in the face and the his girlfriend comes over and slugs Mutt right in the face and says
"thats my boyfriend"!

:D (y)

deckard24

As Katarn already mentioned, Mutt's line of, "You fight pretty good for an old guy! What are you like... 80?", is hysterical!

DrHenryJonesJr

I'm paraprhasing here, but I enjoyed the soda shop scene when Indy told Mutt (as they were being led out by the Russian agents): "Hit this guy ... Joe College."

Indy's a professor, but is extremely cool!

Ska

When Indy and Marion are bickering in the back of the truck (right before the jungle chase)...and the Russian soldier (Dovchenko maybe?...I'll have to watch again to see if it's him) turns to them and yells, "For love of God, shut 'da hell up!"

It cracks me up the way he says it in broken English.

James

I like Indy's desperate shrug in the sandpit, when he just turns to Mutt and Oxley with a look that says, "I don't know." It reminds me of the part in LC where they're being chased by the plane, and Indy just runs out of options while on the beach.

The line that seems to always get a great reaction is, "Why the hell didn't you make him finish school?" What's great is the way Indy seems genuinely surprised that his son wouldn't be made to finish school.

MaxPhactor23

deckard24 said:

Agreed! It's subtle and classy, but hysterical when you notice it. It's not over-the-top. It's just right.

Every word out of Mac's mouth started to become Jonesy. I was getting so tired of it. Plus why exactly would he scream “JONSEY” when Indy landed in the jeep to begin with? What did he expect would happen? Why would Mac be happy to see him? Totally stupid! It’s beyond me why Indy even bothered to save him in the first place. Totally poor writing. What's with Lucas and his obsession with making awesome names ridiculous? First Annie and now...

michael

"Good thing we're not grave robbers."

"Whoa."....."Whoa."....."WHOOAAAA!!!"

"For love of God, SHUT THE HELL UP!"