TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > The Films > Indiana Jones Trilogy
User Name
Password

Old 01-18-2009, 03:36 AM   #26
Indy's brother
IndyFan

I think I may have said this a while back in a similar thread, but here goes. After Indy gets poisoned and runs out onto the dance floor. He is blocked by the chorus line and does this really hilarious "dance", waving his hands from left to right in the air. I'm fairly sure it was supposed to be funny, but even if it wasn't, it still gets a chuckle out of me...every frickin' time!!!

And of course the entire "spike room" bit.
Indy's brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 04:50 AM   #27
Chicago Jones
IndyFan

the sequence when Indy frees the slaves! I remember as a kid I would reenact that scene millions of times! It is one of the best depictions as a "hero" in my book, and I gotta a book!
Chicago Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 03:38 AM   #28
Driftwoodv.7
IndyFan

I remember growing up, I was always terrified of the sacrifice scene, especially the heart-ripping, and I never watched it. But then, when I finally did, I felt so brave and it therefore became my favorite scene, and it just kinda stuck. I think of ToD, I think of the bridge scene and the heart-ripping. Those are easily my favorite scenes. But there are a LOT of honorable mentions for this installment. Playing poker in the jungle, the plane escape, the poison/diamond swap, etc. etc. It's my favorite Indy film.
Driftwoodv.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 04:14 PM   #29
Cagefighterkip
IndyFan

top 5:

1) indy taking the sankara stones from the altar, great music, great mood, sceneary -- its perfect.
2) the conveyer belt fight w/the large thugee
3) the bridge sequence, everything is great, the humors good, indys lines are the best, especially my fave the deadpan "aw $#!t" is classic
4) the scene where indy ziplines on the rope into the mine cart... i think thats badass, im not a big fan of the mine cart scene itself but i love that scene.
5) the opening club obi-wan scene from the musical number, to the diamond exchange to the crash out the window and all of it
Cagefighterkip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 07:33 PM   #30
RaideroftheArk
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthGemni
The scene right after where Willie says "Now let's get out of here" and Indy says "Right, all of us".
When it cuts to the mines, and the kid falls, and the guard picks him up and Indy is standing there in silhouette, John William's music blaring. Then showing the kids and hearing the punches, and the guard slides across the ground unconcious. Then the kids looking back at Indy, smiling with renewed hope they are getting out of it all alive. I still get goose bumps. That's actually one of my favorite scenes out of all 4 movies. Classic Saturday afternoon serial stuff, and classic Indy.

100% agree with this, awesome scene along with:

"There's nobody here." "No, I'm here!"

"WE ARE GOING TO DIE!"

"Fortune and Glory kid, Fortune and Glory"
My all time favorite part of the entire movie...I love the way Ford delivers this line. It really sets the tone for the up and coming adventure.

This entire movie is great...I usually can't decide if this or ROTLA is my favorite Indy adventure.

Last edited by RaideroftheArk : 01-19-2009 at 07:38 PM.
RaideroftheArk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 10:30 PM   #31
Insomniac
IndyFan

Quote:
The scene right after where Willie says "Now let's get out of here" and Indy says "Right, all of us".
When it cuts to the mines, and the kid falls, and the guard picks him up and Indy is standing there in silhouette, John William's music blaring. Then showing the kids and hearing the punches, and the guard slides across the ground unconcious. Then the kids looking back at Indy, smiling with renewed hope they are getting out of it all alive. I still get goose bumps. That's actually one of my favorite scenes out of all 4 movies. Classic Saturday afternoon serial stuff, and classic Indy.
I totally agree!
It's hard to get any better than this!!! PURE SPIELBURG!!!
Insomniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 09:26 AM   #32
Saber79
IndyFan

Quote:

Absolutely my favorite part. especially when all you see is the silhouette of Indy, then the camera zooms in on him, totally pissed. That was classic Indy at his most bad-assed moment. Absolutely love that scene. All about the hero has come to save the day.

I also love the escape from the temple/mine car chase/and bridge scene. Everything about that is pure Indy...Indy getting his ass kicked, then kicking ass, narrow escapes, chase and the tension on the bridge is absolutely breathtaking.

The comedy in the movie also does it for me...(Willie running around in the jungle while Indy and Shorty are arguing about poker etc)
Saber79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 12:59 PM   #33
Indy fan 235
IndyFan

There are many, but three that I really love are:

when they are on the plane and are asleep, Shorty is sleeping next to Indy. It's so cute and reminds me of how I wished my dad was around more as a kid.

at the camp when they are playing poker and accusing each other of cheating and Willie is running around screaming.

when the two Thuggee guards attack Indy as he runs to the rope bridge and he checks for his gun. He gives that great half cocky smile and goes into action.

So great.
Indy fan 235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 11:08 PM   #34
WrathofGod
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Falco
I always LOVED the scene where Indy runs into the two Thugees on top of the cliff, realizes his gun is gone and kicks their asses anyways. You got all the classic elements of Indy in one sequence. Badass moment turned comedy, awesome improvised moment of badassery (yes its a word I made up), whip action, and last but not least, the comedic payoff of him getting chased.

That's a great scene, now that's how you do an homage to the previous work.

But you've got to love the room of spikes, so much tension, so much suspense, now that's a boobytrap!.
WrathofGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 11:34 PM   #35
TheDarkCrusader
IndyFan

-The enclosing ceiling with spikes ("we are going to die")

-Indy,Willie and Shorty encountering the Thuggee cult during the ritual human sacrifice.

-Indy fighting the Thuggee cult member (played by Pat Roach) on the conveyor belt

-Indy cutting the rope of the bridge to break it apart after being outnumbered
TheDarkCrusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 04:50 PM   #36
michael
IndyFan

Location: "What was it again? The penitent man will what? Oh No."
Indy: Willie, Willie...what is that, is that short for something?

Willie: Willie happens to be my professional name, INDIANA!

Short Round: Hey Lady! You call him Doctor Jones!

Indy: MY professional name. *flips nickel*

badass.
michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 05:53 AM   #37
DoomsdayFAN
IndyFan

Spike Room with Willie taking her sweet ass time was funny as hell. And the Mine Cart at the end was insane! But all in all, the whole thing was great! I loved it all.
DoomsdayFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 01:32 PM   #38
The Drifter
IndyFan

Location: The distant figure that walks the treeline. The man standing in the field.
I read this thread and sat down to think of my favorite moments in Temple of Doom. Damn, it's hard to do! I love this movie so much, and there's so many different scenes that I love.
I'm going to pass over the usual scenes such as the rope bridge, Mola Ram's heart rip, etc, and go for the smaller parts that stand out for me.

1- When Willie, Shortie, and Indy are shooting down the rapids in the raft. Willie gets mad and screams "I hate water, I hate being wet, and I hate YOU!"
The way she says the word 'you' puts a smile on my face every time.

2-The way the shaman explains what happened when the stones were stolen. And when he talks about 'darkness'. The way he uses his hands to slowly cover his eyes. I read this was improvised by the man playing the shaman.

3-All the activity in Pankot Palace really sets the mood of the place.
The chanting harem girls, the group of people singing and playing music. It's all so exotic and wonderful. It really makes me feel like I'm there.

4-"WE ARE GOING TO DIE!" Enough said!

5-When Mola Ram laughs and escapes through the trap door. That's so chilling.
The Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 02:39 PM   #39
twlightzone1205
IndyFan

Willie: "I'm right here!"
twlightzone1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 04:24 PM   #40
AndyLGR
IndyFan

The scene where Indy is on the wooden walkways above the mine and he whip swings across to the other side.

mola rams introduction. As an 11 year old I thought he was the scariest villain I'd ever seen.

I would also go so far as to say that I really think from Indys return from the black sleep - all the way through to where he finally climbs up the bridge to reveal the sankara stone, for me anyway, is the perfect definition and performance of a movie action hero in every sense, the performance, how good he looks, the stunts..... Everything.
AndyLGR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 05:19 PM   #41
EvilEmperorZoRG
IndyFan

The whole movie
What I like to mention is the death of Molla Ram. I always felt bad when he dies. He tortured kids, he ripped hearts out ect But still i feel bad when he dies. That's because he's an awesome actor.
Anyway, if I have to choose a favorite scene, I'll take the mine-bridge scene. From the humor to the action everything is TOP !
I never understood all the hating towards this film
EvilEmperorZoRG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 06:02 PM   #42
The Drifter
IndyFan

Location: The distant figure that walks the treeline. The man standing in the field.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEmperorZoRG
The whole movie
What I like to mention is the death of Molla Ram. I always felt bad when he dies. He tortured kids, he ripped hearts out ect But still i feel bad when he dies. That's because he's an awesome actor.
Anyway, if I have to choose a favorite scene, I'll take the mine-bridge scene. From the humor to the action everything is TOP !
I never understood all the hating towards this film

Mola Ram is my favorite Indy villain.
The guy played the role to perfection, and I still get pumped seeing him plummet to his death, and Indy's fedora peek above the cliff face and then the stone comes into view.
Add that scene as another ToD favorite!
The Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 10:46 AM   #43
RedeemedChild
IndyFan

My top favorite scene is the part in which Indiana Jones is running with that round silver thing shielding his body as he tries to get the antidote. I think that Temple of Doom's opening sequences are top notch although not as thrilling as the bolder chase from Raiders but it's still exciting.

My other favorite sequence is the Mine Cart escape. I don't think anything in Temple of Doom tops the Mine Cart sequence for me.
RedeemedChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 08:32 AM   #44
Rocket Surgeon

Indy's first words, speaking Lao's language and when he finally stopped asking Willie to shut up a hit her.
Rocket Surgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 09:40 AM   #45
Montana Smith
IndyFan

I like da bit where da Indy guy pokes da gurl wiv a fork to see if shes done.
Montana Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 10:21 AM   #46
Rocket Surgeon

Actually, something I recently noticed is that Indy pushes her chair away with his foot.

I used to think Chen or Kao pulled her chair back.

This made me VERY happy.
Rocket Surgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 11:33 AM   #47
Indy1Jones2
IndyFan

We are going to die one of the best moments in Temple.
Indy1Jones2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 09:23 AM   #48
Daley
IndyFan

^^ I agree with this: "We are going to DIE!" never gets old, his delivery and facial expression of utter annoyance is classic :P

The whole opening sequence in Shanghai stands out for me, the exchange at the table, the nightclub brawl, the car chase to the airport..Loved it! But this film has been such a huge part of my life for so long, it's difficult to pick out my favourite scenes.

I still enjoy the gross-out humour at the banquet with Willie & Shorty because I've never grown up ...can't help it.
Daley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 11:57 AM   #49
WilliamBoyd8
IndyFan

One of my favorite old films was the 1937 "Lost Horizon".

This scene from early in "Temple of Doom" reminded me of a similar scene from "Lost Horizon":

Chinese pilot from "Lost Horizon"

Chinese pilot from "Temple of Doom"

This lady in "Lost Horizon" looks familiar

As a coin collector I liked this scene from "Temple of Doom",
but why would Indiana Jones be interested in 200-year old coins,
he wasn't a coin collector.

I also liked the Shanghai nightclub opening sequence.
Reminded me a little of another old film, the 1941 "Shanghai Gesture".

WilliamBoyd8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 05:51 AM   #50
Olliana
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy's brother
He is blocked by the chorus line and does this really hilarious "dance", waving his hands from left to right in the air. I'm fairly sure it was supposed to be funny, but even if it wasn't, it still gets a chuckle out of me...every frickin' time!!!

And of course the entire "spike room" bit.

Exactly!

@ WilliamBoyd8:

Indy didn't want the coins in the first place. 'The diamond, Lao. The deal was for the diamond.'

I love the scene where Willie wants to stick her arm into the wrong hole, Indy grabs her hand aggressively and yells while pointing at it 'The other one, the other right!'
Olliana is offline   Reply With Quote