Indy 2008 concept art?

Attila the Professor

Staff member
All that's been said about the contradictions and retreading of territory is true - hell, Indy's had adventures with Crystal Skulls before in both the McCoy books and in Desktop Adventures - but these have all been in different media. For them to handle King Solomon's Mines in two games, however, is something rather different.

UltimateManGod's other point, if I read it correctly to say that the picture does not seem to suggest King Solomon's Mines, is one I would agree with. Due to Haggard, we tend to expect them to be in Africa. That's work-aroundable; that the mines would be unlikely to have any connection to the Temple or to sacred objects like the Ark is less so. Mines would not be so grand.

Finn

Staff member
Attila the Professor said:
All that's been said about the contradictions and retreading of territory is true - hell, Indy's had adventures with Crystal Skulls before in both the McCoy books and in Desktop Adventures - but these have all been in different media. For them to handle King Solomon's Mines in two games, however, is something rather different.
Yes, the thing the good prof is obviously after here is that despite the games contradicting other sources, they never contradict each other. Nor the movies. At least too drastically, that is.

Last edited:

VP

Moderator Emeritus
Dr. Indy Jones said:
How, and what website?
The official Infernal Machine and Emperor's Tomb websites have been deleted by LucasArts. The concept arts for those games can be found at The International House of Mojo at http://mixnmojo.com/galleries/gallery.php?gallery=117 and http://mixnmojo.com/galleries/gallery.php?gallery=121

You can unlock the gallery in ET after you've found all the artifacts, all the images in the gallery can be found from http://indyville.fi/muut_seikkailut/pelit/et/kuvakaappaukset_et/#netherworld (at the bottom)

Tennessee Smith

I had read that the next gen console game was put on hold for the new Star Wars game to be finisged instead. Since they're now working on it again, they probably changed the story line. So, some of this stuff might have no bearing on the new game anymore.

It all sounded so cool, that original concept for the new game, I hope it doesn't fall totally by the wayside.

I've always felt Indy gaming fell into 2 distinct phases, Pc games, and console games ported to pc, the former being far deeper and more rewarding experiences. It also falls in the same place as the split between great lucasarts games and the fluff we get now.

anyway what i'm trying to say is its almost like a different company produced foa to the one that made et, so much so that i doubt they'd care too much about muddling game continuity. man typing on a wii is tiring

Finn

Staff member
Jeremiah Jones said:
I've always felt Indy gaming fell into 2 distinct phases, Pc games, and console games ported to pc, the former being far deeper and more rewarding experiences.
There's a name making the difference... Hal Barwood.

Lord_glavin

man, some of that concept art is awesome
being a concept artist for a game dev team myself, I love this stuff

of course I'm not that good yet, but I'm really close lol

adventure_al

Moedred said:
Speaking of canonical contradictions, did Indy save "the cradle of civilization" (India) just so he could stomp the heck out if it? (I'm guessing it's an indian elephant based on ear size.)
kuva1_pieni.jpg

I've never heard of India being referred to as the cradle of civilisation. I always thought it was where the Tigris and Euphrates were which would be around Iraq. Or the Nile. Thought it stemmed from the location of important water sources.

adventure_al

just at a look at all the concept art

I can't wait till they finally release this game.

Was looking at the screenshots. Maybe I'm fussy but i hope they smooth it out because the PS3 is capable of better.

and according to the concept art we art guarenteed a elephant chase. which I dont really like the idea of, Ive never been a fan of 'chase' levels. It just usually involves alot of ducking and diving.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
adventure_al said:
I've never heard of India being referred to as the cradle of civilisation. I always thought it was where the Tigris and Euphrates were which would be around Iraq. Or the Nile. Thought it stemmed from the location of important water sources.

Consider yourself lucky for being ignorant of this little controversy, until now.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
There's some art at the end of the Lego Indy Prima Guide...
0004dyxq

Seems they renamed the place to make it dry, but not right away.

Montana Smith

Moedred said:
There's some art at the end of the Lego Indy Prima Guide...
0004dyxq

Seems they renamed the place to make it dry, but not right away.

I don't normally venture into the Video Games board, but the words 'concept art' piqued my interest.

Marion's 'Cafe' looks like a nicy cosy place - reminds me of the artwork used one of the eidtions of The Hobbit. It'd be a shame to see this place burn down.