indiana jones animated fanfilm why not??

The Drifter

I really wish that I could help with this. But, I don't know where my talents (really, the lack of them) could be used.

indyclone25

i have been follwing this from the beginning and i wish i could do something too , but alas i have no programs to do artwork on the computer or animations , so i am humbly awaiting to see what you gentlemen come up with:D :D

indyclone25 said:
i have been follwing this from the beginning and i wish i could do something too , but alas i have no programs to do artwork on the computer or animations , so i am humbly awaiting to see what you gentlemen come up with:D :D
I'm waiting to, It would make me so happy to see a Indy animated series by a INDYFAN (y) Where i live i can't make a Indy animated show i have very little space and i just don't have the equiment.

The Drifter

IndyWolf15 said:
I'm waiting to, It would make me so happy to see a Indy animated series by a INDYFAN (y) Where i live i can't make a Indy animated show i have very little space and i just don't have the equiment.

They are not making a series. Just the opening montage to a fictional show.

Stoo

JuniorJones said:
...like a pheonix from a flame...
Coupled with my "reborn from its ashes" quote, this is soooo familiar. What show is it from?:confused:
JuniorJones said:
1. What do you want indy to do (wink, say hello, turn head, dodge a bullet?), camera angle (close up, wide angle, etc), for how long (in seconds)and in what format?

2. I may need to adapted the indy head for movement (if I do it will be less cartoony) or would you like still like to do the style sheet?

3. When you say motion graphics, do you mean directing the "layers" with additional stuff.

We can discuss file sharing through PM's.
I hate to keep reguritating the same image but it's required here for reference/visual aid.

TitleCard_Idea_02b.jpg

1) Camera angle? Just like the title card. Time duration? I'll have to look back at the breakdown Indy's bro' prepared so let me get back to you on that. (This will be the final shot in the sequence so imagine the final moments of the theme playing.) Format? What are your options, again? Remember the res is 640x480. Movements I have in mind are:

a. the brim of his hat covering his eyes
b. hand/arm comes up & tips it into position (as above)
c. hand/arm drops
d. he winks, then smiles (Maybe even have him say "Ri-ight" - like from the movies - BEFORE the wink? Good idea? Bad idea? Too goofy?)

2) Yeah, I'm still on the style sheet so try and limit this test to just animating facial features without moving the head too much. (Ideally, it would be cool to have him looking behind towards the junlge and then turning to face the camera.)

3) By motion graphics, I mean the scrolling map, the red line encircling Indy and the text. Since we'll probably never have more than 10 layers in any given shot, here's how I see this one (with naming conventions):

L5: text/titles
L4: INDY! (a mask will have to be added to cut him off at the bottom)
L3: circle with moving red line
L2: jungle background plate (it would be cool have it zoom out a bit)
L1: scrolling map

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Stoo said:
Coupled with my "reborn from its ashes" quote, this is soooo familiar. What show is it from?:confused:
I hate to keep reguritating the same image but it's required here for reference/visual aid.

TitleCard_Idea_02b.jpg

1) Camera angle? Just like the title card. Time duration? I'll have to look back at the breakdown Indy's bro' prepared so let me get back to you on that. (This will be the final shot in the sequence so imagine the final moments of the theme playing.) Format? What are your options, again? Remember the res is 640x480. Movements I have in mind are:

a. the brim of his hat covering his eyes
b. hand/arm comes up & tips it into position (as above)
c. hand/arm drops
d. he winks, then smiles (Maybe even have him say "Ri-ight" - like from the movies - BEFORE the wink? Good idea? Bad idea? Too goofy?)

2) Yeah, I'm still on the style sheet so try and limit this test to just animating facial features without moving the head too much. (Ideally, it would be cool to have him looking behind towards the junlge and then turning to face the camera.)

3) By motion graphics, I mean the scrolling map, the red line encircling Indy and the text. Since we'll probably never have more than 10 layers in any given shot, here's how I see this one (with naming conventions):

L5: text/titles
L4: INDY! (a mask will have to be added to cut him off at the bottom)
L3: circle with moving red line
L2: jungle background plate (it would be cool have it zoom out a bit)
L1: scrolling map

1) Great, this is the kind of detail I need. I've got toonboom but can transfer to most formats. I think you need a plugin for flash.

a-c) With the restrictions this should be simple enough. I'll do a line art version
d) If we do the wink it has to be chessy otherwise it won't work. We could try it and if it doesn't work we can take it out.

2) The face is going to be limited to eyes/mouth chin and will look very flat so, the style sheet will be handy. If were struggling I can made the adaptations.

3) I get ya! Your SFX department!!:D

Are we posting the art on the board or waiting to we have it all together through PMs?

Stoo

JuniorJones said:
1) Great, this is the kind of detail I need. I've got toonboom but can transfer to most formats. I think you need a plugin for flash.
As for myself, I have Flash but will be working primarily in AfterEffects (and do have my eye on purchasing ToonBoom).
JuniorJones said:
d) If we do the wink it has to be chessy otherwise it won't work. We could try it and if it doesn't work we can take it out.

2) The face is going to be limited to eyes/mouth chin and will look very flat so, the style sheet will be handy. If were struggling I can made the adaptations.
I'd like to see a cheesy wink because it fits the spirit of some of the Filmation stuff we're basing it on...Re: face movement. If you make him say "Right", you can move his Adam's apple, too.;)
JuniorJones said:
Are we posting the art on the board or waiting to we have it all together through PMs?
It would be preferable to exchange e-mail addresses via PMs, otherwise my Raven Inbox will get too full. As for posting on the board, no objections as long as it's a lower-res version. (Large images tend to screw up the format of the thread and sometimes it's necessary to scroll to see the entire thing, which is not handy.)
IndyWolf15 said:
Sounds good to me.
IndyWolf, please kindly refrain from replying to this thread unless you have something substantial to add. Expressing enthusiasm is one thing but there's no need to answer every second post (as you've already done 6 times in the past few days). It's hard enough to keep track of everything going on so, from what I can see thus far, your posts are going to create too much clutter.:p

As has been said to you before, this is not Twitter!:whip:

HJJNR

The Jungle background!

Ok are you wanting the jungle BG ala our early discussions; Amazon river etc or you wanting something different?

just give me specs and description and I'm on it.
:whip:

Le Saboteur

JuniorJones said:
I don't think this is a matter of laying blame on any person. Fan projects are notoriously fraught with commitment issues and this is an accepted part of the process.

Accepted, yes. In this case though, not necessary; unless Indy's Brother stepped off a curb and was smacked by a truck, he could've dropped a quick note to say he wouldn't be around anymore. It's a conscious decision to not come 'round 90% of the time. Perhaps we wouldn't be hanging onto Square One.

But this is neither here nor there. Yes, we need to get it going again. I'll be glad to take up the screenwriting and scene management duties. I'll go through the pages to see what we've got and put it into a script-like format. I'm sure there are places where we can improve upon things, and probably some transitions we didn't think of!

Stoo

HJJNR: Jungle background. I had a look at your riverside image but the perspective wouldn't really work since it's too low to the ground. If you can come up with something similar to the title card, with some vines hanging down on the left and give it some depth, that would be great. I would also suggest making the centre of the image a bit brighter than the rest to create a sort of contrasting glow around Indy's head. It would be cool to zoom out on the jungle as well so give lots of extra bleed on the edges, just in case.;)

Le Saboteur: Indy's bro's last breakdown is at the top of Page 22. Some other ideas were discussed since then, so you may want to dig through the pages that follow. Glad to have you aboard, my friend.:hat:

P.S. I wonder what happened to Indy's brother? Hope he's doing O.K.

Stoo said:

Everything is looking good so far...but I want to point something out...The color of Indy's hat should be switched with the jacket's color and the jackets with the hat....the jacket in the pic above is way to light...sorry for nitpicking

Stoo

Hi, Indyfan4ever. Feel free to have a go at switching the colours so we can see what it looks like. That is, if you're able/want to.:hat:

The problem with Indy's outfit is that it's so...brown.

indyclone25

i think it looks good that way the colors of the hat and jacket. if professionals had doen it they would have done it the same way just so indy didnt seem to be one dark color

Ska

I'm back in here (forgot all about this thread/project :eek: ).

Let me know when I can be of use!

Stoo

indyclone25 said:
i think it looks good that way the colors of the hat and jacket. if professionals had doen it they would have done it the same way just so indy didnt seem to be one dark color
Thanks for your input, clone.:hat:

Admittedly, the jacket is too light but when creating that image I did try some variations using different browns but what you see is what I settled on. Nonetheless, the colours are not set in stone at this point and if Indyfan4ever would like to have a go at playing with them, then he's quite welcome to do so. (Maybe we could do an A/B comparison to see which colour scheme people prefer?)

Ska said:
I'm back in here (forgot all about this thread/project :eek: ).

Let me know when I can be of use!
HURRAH for Ska!(y) I thought you were M.I.A.! Have a look at page 25, post #371. Do you think you can create something like that in AutoCAD with some cartoony-type textures?

@JuniorJones: Told ya the folks would come crawling out of the woodwork again!(y)

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Stoo said:
Thanks for your input, clone.:hat:

Admittedly, the jacket is too light but when creating that image I did try some variations using different browns but what you see is what I settled on. Nonetheless, the colours are not set in stone at this point and if Indyfan4ever would like to have a go at playing with them, then he's quite welcome to do so. (Maybe we could do an A/B comparison to see which colour scheme people prefer?)

HURRAH for Ska!(y) I thought you were M.I.A.! Have a look at page 25, post #371. Do you think you can create something like that in AutoCAD with some cartoony-type textures?

@JuniorJones: Told ya the folks would come crawling out of the woodwork again!(y)

...if we build it, they will come...I await a post from shoeless Joe!

That image on page 25, is autocad. Ska, is it any use to you?

I too hope everything is okay for Indy brother and I that he understand he is always welcome here.