The Avengers

Stoo said:
I'm confused, as well. What is this "Cap" business people keep talking about?:confused: John Steed wears a bowler hat, not a baseball cap!:p
yes, and "shield?" "Vibranium?" All John Steed ever needed was his wits and charm and his sweet umbrella sword.
images

Stoo

featostrength said:
yes, and "shield?" "Vibranium?" All John Steed ever needed was his wits and charm and his sweet umbrella sword.
Captain America is actually a Smurf on steroids.:D

child_captain_america_costu.jpg
Papa-Smurf-psd68569.png

4072608794_4a2a597555.jpg

RedeemedChild

Did anyone see the trailer for Marvel's The Avengers?

I don't want to spoil it for anyone so I'm not going to say much on the issue.

RedeemedChild said:
I don't want to spoil it for anyone so I'm not going to say much on the issue.

spoil what? some explosions, and people acting like they're so cool they cant be bothered to turn and look at em? Sam Jackson pretending to be as cool as he was in 1995? Quick cuts and glib/sarcastic dialogue? Another barely passable looking Hulk and a Banner we could care less about? Im dying to know!
url

RedeemedChild

featofstrength said:
spoil what? some explosions, and people acting like they're so cool they cant be bothered to turn and look at em? Sam Jackson pretending to be as cool as he was in 1995? Quick cuts and glib/sarcastic dialogue? Another barely passable looking Hulk and a Banner we could care less about? Im dying to know!
url

See! That's it!

Both the movies Thor and Captain America were totally epic but the new trailer for The Avengers makes it appear to be no better than a Michael Bay production ala Transformers/ Battleship. I'm so disappointed.

Stoo

RedeemedChild said:
Did anyone see the trailer for Marvel's The Avengers?
Not me. I was too busy having a glass of champagne, kicking back & relaxing after a hard day of crime fighting. Avengers-style.:D

tumblr_lopdyuNNf01qcmzvpo1_400.jpg

RedeemedChild said:
See! That's it!

Both the movies Thor and Captain America were totally epic but the new trailer for The Avengers makes it appear to be no better than a Michael Bay production ala Transformers/ Battleship. I'm so disappointed.

Oh, and I forgot to add more slo-motion and a rock tune that will totally date your movie in no less than 2 years!(y)

RedeemedChild

I agree! That is the worst rattle of noise that I've heard in a movie trailer to date. I know they could have done better than that!

I hope DC Comics learns a lesson from this and doesn't make their Justice League movie a disaster. I mean, I don't have very high expectations for DC Comics anymore because DC Comics made such a trainwreck of the Superman mythos in the teenie Smallville and than they went on to upset the dignity of womankind last month as they outraged female comic readers with the awful male-order depiction of Catwoman and Starfire being sexually wild and unrestrained which was totally unnecessary in every sense of the word. I also thought Hallie Berry's Catwoman movie was a joke. They should have let Christopher Nolan or Bryan Singer direct Catwoman.

The only other good and descent comic book movies left are Superman: The Man of Steel, The Amazing Spider-Man and The Adventures of Tin Tin.

BTW what happened to the proposed Fantastic Four Silver Surfer spin-off movie?

|ZiR|

For the loo-ooooohh-ooongest time I literally believed that this was Joss Whedon rebooting the classic British series of the same name. And that would have been amazing.

I feel so empty about the film now, though I am sure it will prove entertaining.

|ZiR| said:
For the loo-ooooohh-ooongest time I literally believed that this was Joss Whedon rebooting the classic British series of the same name. And that would have been amazing.

NO. It would not. :sick:

I can only imagine Whedon's clippy, snide-n-sarcastic dialogue being mistaken for a good match for the witty Steed n Peel back and fourths...:sick:

RedeemedChild

featofstrength said:
I have no clue...just found it via google. Very nice, eh?(y)

Yes, it serves as a reminder that today is astonishingly Hump Day

asian-girl-teddy-bear-gif.gif

Who the in the devil knew that such a holiday EXISTED? :eek: But, yesh, with women being so obsessed with My Little Pony AS IF THEY WERE PRESCHOOLERS they needa go humping on something.

BTW, I have nothing against women who watch My Little Pony. It's just that I can't see how an adult can turn down a date with her husband at a fine restaurant for MY LITTLE PONY! But then again, a woman might think the same thing about her husband who turns her down for an episode of Friday Night Lights or Adventure Time.

RedeemedChild

@featofstrength, Oh my toshi station! That's so awesome. I love that retro pop art design! It's so very classy.

Both those Emma Peel posters would be nice to put up in ones dorm room. It would also be nice to have your roommate be like 'what the heck' is that as most young people pick lame posters of even lamer people like Miley Cyrus, Jason Durelo and Lady GAGA? Makes me wanna gag-AH with disgust!

I wonder if Me TV, BBC AMerica or TV Land might start airing the British Avengers shows again soon?