Is the Indy reputation on the line here?

indifan101

All of us here are obviously die hard Indy fans so when it comes to fourth movie of the Indiana Jones trilogy one has to think is Spielberg risking all to make this movie? I can tell you now its either going to make or break the trilogy.

Indy fan 235

I guess it is just like what happend with the Star Wars prequels. Anticipation and expectation were so high, that, in a way, the prequels just didn't stand a chance.

Then again, it was the fans themselves who made the trouble, because it didn't match what THEY felt the films should be, instead of just going to enjoy a movie.

I think the new Indy film should be OK. The prequels had a lot of background story to cover and somehow match it into what Lucas had already made. This new Indy film is a sequel, a further adventure of, and other than making some nods to the previous films, they don't have to make everything connect, just to tell a good story.

But, I guess any succesful franchise runs this risk when it comes right down to it.

Dr.Sartorius

indifan101 said:
All of us here are obviously die hard Indy fans so when it comes to fourth movie of the Indiana Jones trilogy one has to think is Spielberg risking all to make this movie? I can tell you now its either going to make or break the trilogy.

Why would Indy 4 make or break the trilogy? Why would Indy 4 ruin the trilogy if you don't like it? Its just another installment. Each movie exists on its own. There's no interlocking story lines (as far as we know) that connects them besides the character arc of Indiana Jones.

Like Indy fan 235 said, its like the Star Wars prequel trilogy and the original trilogy. If you don't like the new ones you can always watch the unspoiled originals on DVD.

sarah navarro

well we've heard alot of good about the script , most people (besides us on the raven )comlpain about his age and say they wont go see it , they think it will be ruined . but when the trailers and products start coming out they ll definitly get excited

itll be fine ;)

Grizzlor

It's still Harrison as the same old (no pun) Indy. Like the other films, the rest of the cast will mostly be all new from the previous editions. They've hired some fantastic actors. And it's still George Lucas's story and Steven directing. I don't forsee a Godfather III moment. Plus Indy films were never meant to win Oscars, they are adventure flicks. There will be some fun adventure I'm sure, and that's all that counts.

Vendetta08

Dr.Sartorius said:
Why would Indy 4 make or break the trilogy? Why would Indy 4 ruin the trilogy if you don't like it? Its just another installment. Each movie exists on its own. There's no interlocking story lines (as far as we know) that connects them besides the character arc of Indiana Jones.

Like Indy fan 235 said, its like the Star Wars prequel trilogy and the original trilogy. If you don't like the new ones you can always watch the unspoiled originals on DVD.

The difference between the Star Wars prequels and Indy 4, is that Indy 4 is being directed by one of the greatest filmmakers of all time.

But fanatically speaking, if Indy 4 did not deliver, most fans just wouldn't acknowledge it.

Grizzlor said:
It's still Harrison as the same old (no pun) Indy. Like the other films, the rest of the cast will mostly be all new from the previous editions. They've hired some fantastic actors. And it's still George Lucas's story and Steven directing. I don't forsee a Godfather III moment. Plus Indy films were never meant to win Oscars, they are adventure flicks. There will be some fun adventure I'm sure, and that's all that counts.

The original Indy film was nominated for 8 Oscars including Best Picture and Best Director. It won 4(but I'm sure you already know this). But anyway, the industry has changed, there's no way the Academy would nominate Indy 4 for an Oscar for Best Picture no matter how good it is. That's just how they roll these days. However, I see exactly what you're saying.

Niteshade007

While I agree that a sequel doesn't take away from how good the original is. However, some people will view this as a mistake and degrading to the original if it is bad.