Tattoo Placement

AngieAki

I am considering getting something like the picture bellow tattooed somewhere on my body in about a year. I want it to be in a place that can be covered up by clothes in the appropriate time without being totally uncomfortable. But I also don't want it to be in a place where I could never show it off. My final requirement is I don't want it near anything that is bound to sag majorly (like my boobs) or possibly stretch with pregnancy. Also if I don't get this tatt then maybe I could put another tatt in the place you suggest.
johnlennonlogo.jpg

Any suggestions?

The Man

The right or left shoulder-blade is probably your best option. How big do you plan the tattoo to be?

AngieAki

The Man said:
The right or left shoulder-blade is probably your best option. How big do you plan the tattoo to be?
the portrait about 2 by 2 inches and the signature a reasonable lenght and size to go along with the portrait.

The Man

AngieAki said:
the portrait about 2 by 2 inches and the signature a reasonable lenght and size to go along with the portrait.

That sounds good. Will you get it in black or colours?

The Man

AngieAki said:
I like the colors and the black so I am kinda stuck.

The colours would have to be especially strong to impose themselves, but if you pick the right ones, why not go for it? Perhaps you need visual aids...

Camera276.jpg

Standard Black

AngieAki

The Man said:
The colours would have to be especially strong to impose themselves, but if you pick the right ones, why not go for it? Perhaps you need visual aids...

Camera276.jpg

Standard Black
Yes I saw that picture and was all "***** stole my idea" lol.
John did all of his drawings in black ink from what I understand, maybe I should just leave it like that, in the black. Thanks for your help. =]
Do you have any idea how much a tatt of that size would cost (2 by 2)? I am willing to pay a lot of money ($150+)... it is going to be on my body forever afterall.

The Man

AngieAki said:
Wow that is so good. My one fear in getting an actual portrait is it turing out all messed up. I would have to wait much longer than a year if I were to get a tatt done by him.

I prefer your original idea. It's more striking. It would be terrifying trusting anybody to do an actual portrait. Make sure they're sane and sober...;)

AngieAki

The Man said:
I prefer your original idea.
As do I. It is simple and I think it would be easy to do. There is a nice tattoo parlor about 15miles away from me, I know a few people who have had great tatts done by their artists. I just have to save up the money and turn 18. =]

HovitosKing

This isn't relevant to the original post, but it's relevant to the thread topic. I'm getting inked next weekend, and was wondering what areas on men are considered the best spot for tattooing? I was checking out some stuff online when I ran across an article on common tattoo locations for gay men, which I am not, and it made me wonder about the significance of tattoo locations. SO, anyone got any opinions on the significance of or meaning behind tattoo spots, specifically on men? I'm thinking the underside of my upper forearm right now...

The Man

HovitosKing said:
This isn't relevant to the original post, but it's relevant to the thread topic. I'm getting inked next weekend, and was wondering what areas on men are considered the best spot for tattooing? I was checking out some stuff online when I ran across an article on common tattoo locations for gay men, which I am not, and it made me wonder about the significance of tattoo locations. SO, anyone got any opinions on the significance of or meaning behind tattoo spots, specifically on men? I'm thinking the underside of my upper forearm right now...

Have you seen Eastern Promises? You could always opt for the kneecaps...(y)