Harry Knowles (AICN) & Devin Faraci (CHUD)

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
10 years ago a bunch of Indy production material was stolen from Spielberg's office. Despite its appetite for such morsels, the geek news community collectively turned its back on this behavior and the thief was caught.

Spielberg expressed his gratitude by inviting some of them to the set. They were Robert Sanchez of IESB, Todd Gilchrist IGN, Eric Vespe of AICN, Edward Douglas of ComingSoon, Peter Sciretta of SlashFilm, and Devin Faraci of CHUD. (Note IESB ceased publication and has since departed the internet.)

Devin Faraci left CHUD to start Birth.Movies.Death, but stopped writing last year due to allegations he had a long history of groping women. And now it's alleged Harry Knowles of AICN has a long history of groping women. Comments at AICN are turned off, he claims he's stepped aside, but it sure looks like he's posting as his sister. Contributors have left, including Eric Vespe: "I can not, in good conscience, continue to contribute to the brand I helped build over the last 20 years."

TheFedora

I've followed the Fareci situation for the past few months or so, and became aware of the Harry Knowles situation only recently. But it appears that AICN is basically done now with all the contributors leaving. Honestly I still can't believe that Knowles had a long history of being an abuser and the community ignored or turned their back on that information. And everyone is just coming forward to be outraged only now...

BTW Fareci tried coming back writing for Alamo Drafthouse recently but when that came out, he was quickly fired again after the ensuing outcry online.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Universal Amblin online press visit

I missed a couple:
Kellvin Chavez of Latino Review
Mike Sampson of JoBlo

SpielbergTicket.jpg

JoBlo and AICN have probably the best write-ups, considering all eight were writing from memory. Latino Review keeps changing domains and abandoning old content, so it's archived. That's my main concern with these scandals, that it will result in link rot as more writers abandon the very minimal cost of keeping something online, like IESB.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Andy Signore (Screen Junkies)

I was wondering why there hadn't been a new Honest Trailers installment in weeks, and it's because they're on hiatus after the dismissal of co-creator Andy Signore by the parent company. (Don't worry, he's not epic voice guy Jon Bailey.) I guess you could call Signore, Knowles and Faraci the Neckbearded Trio.