Shia in a spin-off series of his own? 16 43.24%
Shia as 'the lead' in further Jones movies? 3 8.11%
Shia cast as Indiana Jones? 0 0%
More Jones movies with Shia as 'just another' character? 18 48.65%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-29-2008, 06:52 PM   #26
Mickiana
IndyFan

That last comment was mostly directed at Rayder's comments. Sorry for not making this clear in that last reply.
Mickiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 12:52 AM   #27
Lord_glavin
IndyFan

although i could see shia pulling off an Indy type character rather well...

hell no
Lord_glavin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 05:20 AM   #28
Violet
Moderator Emeritus

Location: The Host City of the 2018 Commonwealth Games, Australia
Without much knowledge of the character, I'm willing to say a spin-off. Mostly, coz after this film there's little to look forward to after that. Sure, you'll have the merchandise and the books but for how long? It never lasts like Star Wars does. Indy always seems to need a TV series or a movie to be popular and known to the target audience of pre-teens and up. So to that end, I think a spin off would be appropriate. It could be good. That and I'm probably biased as I'm a straight young gal. Actually, I would be more inclined to have a Marion Ravenwood spin off, like Sarah Connor Chronicles but that's just me.
Violet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 10:34 AM   #29
Insomniac
IndyFan

More Jones movies with Shia as 'just another' character would be fine it be like a taller more obnoxious short round!!!
Insomniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 12:46 PM   #30
deckard24
IndyFan

I guess I'll really have to wait to see him in KOTCS, before I can make that judgement call! As of right now, Shia has shown me zero evidence he can play a tough guy! Playing the guy running for his life and scared ****less, absolutely! But taking out bad guys and throwing a convincing punch, not so much! After we see KOTCs, it'll be evident whether he can pull off such a role. He's still such a goofy kid, and not a manly man at all! Ford had that toughness to him even in his 20's, he just exuded it. Shia exudes comic relief!
deckard24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 03:44 AM   #31
Indy_Chic
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet Indy
Without much knowledge of the character, I'm willing to say a spin-off. Mostly, coz after this film there's little to look forward to after that. Sure, you'll have the merchandise and the books but for how long? It never lasts like Star Wars does. Indy always seems to need a TV series or a movie to be popular and known to the target audience of pre-teens and up. So to that end, I think a spin off would be appropriate. It could be good. That and I'm probably biased as I'm a straight young gal. Actually, I would be more inclined to have a Marion Ravenwood spin off, like Sarah Connor Chronicles but that's just me.

Yeah, I agree! I think a spin-off movie about Mutt would be pretty cool. (As long as he gets to wear that leather jacket and cruise around on that motorcycle.) But I guess we'll just have to wait and see how the audience in general reacts to the character of Mutt after the film's release. If he is well liked etc, then quite likely a spin-off will follow. And Violet, sarah navarro and myself (not to mention herr gruber! ) are going to be first in line to see it! Lol!

Also a Marion Ravenwood action spin-off series is the coolest idea ever!
Indy_Chic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 04:08 AM   #32
No Ticket
IndyFan

I see way too many votes in favor of a Shia spin-off. Whaddaya trying to do... encourage them? Yes. They're watching. They're reading these threads. Don't be fooled! There is no market for a Shia Spin-off! Don't do it!!
No Ticket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 04:36 AM   #33
Kingsley
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Ticket
I see way too many votes in favor of a Shia spin-off. Whaddaya trying to do... encourage them? Yes. They're watching. They're reading these threads. Don't be fooled! There is no market for a Shia Spin-off! Don't do it!!
LOL. Go Mutt!!!

The Adventures of Mutt Williams... great great great idea (great?)
Kingsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 04:17 PM   #34
Indy_Chic
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingsley
LOL. Go Mutt!!!

The Adventures of Mutt Williams... great great great idea (great?)

Lol! The Adventures of Mutt Williams = Drool-tastic!

C'mon guys, it would be nice to see a Shia spinoff. Look how sad Shia's face is...

See? He really, really wants the Adventures of Mutt Williams to happen!
Indy_Chic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 05:16 PM   #35
WillKill4Food
IndyFan

Mutt Williams

and the Raiders of the Regurgitated Plot!

No, please don't let it happen. No Mutt Williams stories!
I don't think it'll happen. They would have come up with a better name than that, wouldn't they?
WillKill4Food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 07:03 PM   #36
No Ticket
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy_Chic
See? He really, really wants the Adventures of Mutt Williams to happen!

I'm willing to bet he doesn't. He seems like a fan and of the sort who would not want to "upstage" Ford by taking on a spin-off series.
No Ticket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 08:09 PM   #37
Katarn07
IndyFan

I'm sorry, I think Shia looks pretty bad ass in this photo:

I agree the guy's a goof ball. He'll forever be Louis Stevens as far as I'm concerned! I also agree that he probably couldn't play Indy's character, but you forget, he's not going to be playing Indy. He's a new character. Just because he may be in more movies doesn't mean he's going to try to emulate everything about the Indy character. Just the spirit and adventure of the movies should remain.

Oh, and as for my question I posed earlier about a "spin-off sequel," I am reminded of Demetrius and the Gladiators. That was a sequel to The Robe, but the main characters in Demetrius had minor roles in the Robe. This is a very similar situation I think.
Katarn07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 09:36 PM   #38
UltimateManGod
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarn07
I agree the guy's a goof ball. He'll forever be Louis Stevens as far as I'm concerned!

It's because of Louis Stevens that my mom cannot stand the guy. She hasn't seen him in anything else though. I certainly don't want to see Shia take over at all. I think he'll do fine in the film, but Indy is iconic as the lead character. I vaguely remember reading that the O'Connell child was aged so that he could continue the Mummy series. I think that would work better than a Shia continuation. Obviously, the Indy films blare his name in the title, so the series is oviously associated with him. The Mummy seems like it would be able to continue with a new lead. Fraser's role is not nearly as iconic as Ford's, nor does it seem to be as strongly tied to the franchise as Indy is. That being said, Shia should do fine, but the franchise doesn't seem made to continue with another character.

Edit: Here's an article about continuing the Mummy. http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...goryid=13&cs=1

Last edited by UltimateManGod : 03-02-2008 at 09:41 PM.
UltimateManGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 05:22 PM   #39
robweiner8
IndyFan

I would never accept Shia as the lead. He's not Indiana Jones and never will be. I probably wouldn't even see the movie if he was the lead
robweiner8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 12:41 PM   #40
JerryKing
IndyFan

Good Lord... he looks pathetic. Reminds me of that time when I saw C. Thomas Howell trying to play a film noir detective. Or any time I saw Hayden Christensen trying to "act".
JerryKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 01:29 PM   #41
deckard24
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryKing

Good Lord... he looks pathetic. Reminds me of that time when I saw C. Thomas Howell trying to play a film noir detective. Or any time I saw Hayden Christensen trying to "act".
He's definitely trying too hard to look tough in that pic!! LOL

I said it before, but Shia is going to need at least 10 years, and then maybe he'll be able pull off badass convincingly. As for now, there's nothing about him that makes me think tough guy! Some guys have it, and some guys just don't. I'm thinking Shia is of the latter.

Goofy, entertaining, and charming...yes! Gritty, manly, and tough...not so much!
deckard24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 11:39 AM   #42
Hedwig
IndyFan

Shia will be fine to me if he stays as a "just another character". Harrison Ford is the only true Indy to me. If there will be more Indy movies after KotCS the Harrison should be in the lead and Shia could be in too but definetly not as Indiana Jones.
Hedwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 01:35 PM   #43
Gary2880
IndyFan

Shia is just the new version of marty mcfly in my eyes.

I'm really not that fond of him anyway.

I liked transformers hugely i think it was one of, if not the most amazing looking film ever. left me rather moist to say the least, but shia is just missing something, he is too weedey.

As for filling the shoes of Harrison Ford. uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhm, no.

Only just clicked the other day (if you get what i mean) that there is going to be another indiana jones film and i'm going to be there to see it for the first time. i mean obviously i kneeeeew about the film n all that, it just didn't.... click, regarding how awesome that actually was.
Gary2880 is offline   Reply With Quote