How Will Spalko Die?

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
I'll guess she dies by an alien or prototype Soviet laser meant to read technical data embedded in the skull(s). She'll have to be sliced at a slightly different angle than Darth Maul to keep the fans happy though.

RaideroftheArk

Since we are dealing with a Mesoamerica (somewhat) civilization, maybe Spalko will be sacrificed?

Or maybe, Indy and Spalko get double-crossed... maybe this causes them to work together only to have Spalko sacrifice herself to help Indy and company...

oki9Sedo

RaideroftheArk said:
Since we are dealing with a Mesoamerica (somewhat) civilization, maybe Spalko will be sacrificed?

No, I'd say she'll have a nasty death, but one that doesn't last as long as that.

RaideroftheArk said:
Or maybe, Indy and Spalko get double-crossed... maybe this causes them to work together only to have Spalko sacrifice herself to help Indy and company...

She'll be a straight out villain from what I can see, maybe there will be a hint of sexual tension between her and Indy, but she'll still be a straight out villain, not like Elsa was. So that seems very unlikely.

The Man

RaideroftheArk said:

That's very A View To A Kill.

FordFan

We have a training montage of Indy looking for the crystal skull, synced to "Hearts on Fire". In the end, he says, "I guess what I'm trying to say, is that if I can change, and you can change, everybody can change!"

Spalko does not die. She applauds after Jones says this. The last shot of the movie can be a freeze-frame of Indy and Mutt sparring in a boxing ring.

The Man

FordFan said:
We have a training montage of Indy looking for the crystal skull, synced to "Hearts on Fire". In the end, he says, "I guess what I'm trying to say, is that if I can change, and you can change, everybody can change!"

Spalko does not die. She applauds after Jones says this. The last shot of the movie can be a freeze-frame of Indy and Mutt sparring in a boxing ring.

Indy runs to the summit of Akator and yells, "SPALKKKO! SPALKKKO!"

Rayder

Maybe she gets crushed when the pyrimid truns into a spaceship and runs her over

(although I hope that the pyrimid doesn't turn into a spaceship)

RaideroftheArk

oki9Sedo said:
No, I'd say she'll have a nasty death, but one that doesn't last as long as that.

Who says a sacrifice has to last long? Now as far as them ripping her heart out, maybe that wouldn't happen since we've already seen that in Temple of Doom.

Lennongrad

Theres rumours goin around that she gets crystalized by the power of the skull and shattered into a million pieces.

The Man

Rayder said:
Maybe she gets crushed when the pyrimid truns into a spaceship and runs her over

(although I hope that the pyrimid doesn't turn into a spaceship)

That would surely be CGI, though. Curses!

Shortie

Okay that made me LOL.

I say maybe she gets killed by Mutt or Marion. Then the officer guy gets killed by the skulls.

Nathan Drake

She's a tough, dominatrix military commander who would snap you in pieces for looking at her the wrong way. I want her to go out in style, especially after the anti climatic death of the last villainess. And being the main villain, it would be lame to be bumped off by the sidekick, especially some scrawny high school punk who hasn't showered in weeks. Besides, half the cast isn't even in Cate's league to be given the honour of killing her.

It should be the hero, a higher power or the environment like one of the traps, no one else. And it should be something unique, up there with the accelerated aging and the microwaved heads. Not something as cheap as being stabbed in the chest or falling in a bottomless pit which has been done to death time and time again.

MaverickKing

Spalko and Marion have a ***** fight with knives - ala Evie and Anck-Su-Namun in The Mummy Returns - and Marion kicks her heiny. :gun:

The Man

MaverickKing said:
Spalko and Marion have a ***** fight with knives - ala Evie and Anck-Su-Namun in The Mummy Returns - and Marion kicks her heiny. :gun:

Oh, you can be guaranteed that both ladies will trade jungle-slaps at some stage.

MaverickKing

The Man said:
Oh, you can be guaranteed that both ladies will trade jungle-slaps at some stage.

If they don't, I'm gonna be very, very upset. All the Indy ladies can throw a punch - Marion was feisty in Raiders and... well, Elsa could handle herself pretty well, I'm sure. Heck, even Willie Scott socked a Thuggee guard (I think. I'm pretty sure she did).

Marion vs. Spalko should be a given. I'd practically cheer in the cinemas - it's kind of a "Hermione punches Malfoy" moment.