Weather Where You Are

Michael24

So far, typical summer out here in the California Central Valley. Today was probably our first under-100 degree day since about last Tuesday. We ran our AC for about 3-4 days straight. Even at midnight it would still be high-80s outside. Ick! I hate summer weather. Give me rainy and overcast any day.

Michael24

Niteshade007 said:
Haha, we have the AC going all the time. I can't ever imagine turning it off, except maybe in the winter.

Yeah, we'd leave it on longer much more often if we didn't have to worry about the electric bill. After last summer, it cost us a fortune, so this summer we have to be a lot more careful about how long and when we run it. A lady my mom works with said she's had her AC going since May. LOL!! We normally only need to use it from about early-June to sometime in September, then the weather is cool enough on its own not to need it until summer comes around again.

Nurhachi1991

I miss the sun........................ and nice clean air. It is nothing but smoke up here for three weeks we have had nothing but smokey air its been affecting my breathing really bad. (n)

indyclone25

chicago area here --- and we have moderate temps nothing two hot maybe tomorrow i think its suppose to hit 90 but other than that is has been pretty nice

Agent Crab

Well.. Hot weather is instore for us yet again. Wait a few days and it'll cool off once again.

Today was pretty nice, though. When it's blistery hot, I can't let my cats out.

adventure_al

What Is The Weather Like Where You Are?

Just thought I'd ask as we've had a week of snow and freezing temperatures here in Scotland.

Which is more uncommon than you might think! As were totally unprepared for it being so bad some people are even snowed in and public transport has stopped running on some routes.

Think its currently -8C.

This time last year I was Snowboarding in Czech Republic and it reached -19C. They are much better prepared for it though.

indy34

Most of the days here it's stinking hot not so much in temperature because its only in the low 30's but the sun is just so god damn strong. :dead:

adventure_al

indy34 said:
Most of the days here it's stinking hot not so much in temperature because its only in the low 30's but the sun is just so god damn strong. :dead:

I was over in Australia between December and January a few years back.

Was really hot. It was actually totally bizarre because I was on the beach at Christmas. I'm so used to it being cold!

When I was in Egypt it touched 40C at one point though. You really had to stay indoors midday.

Montana Smith

A little while ago it was -7, here on the English side of the Welsh borders, but in no time its come up to a balmy -0.5! Everything is frozen like glass and it looks pretty lethal.

The wind has made it much colder as of late, we had big snow storm the week before christmas which stayed till the weekend after the 25th. A light blanket for New Years Eve, but while it's been bouncing around the freezing mark: 32F, it hasn't been cold enough to skate...even on a foot or two of ice!

Wind chill has been brutal, still no quality ice time yet...

DocWhiskey

It's about 12 degrees here in Chicago.

It's supposed to get up to 23 degrees on Wednesday. Oh boy, I'm gonna break out the shorts and sun tan lotion!

Dr Bones

Was -7 here in England this morning..expecting a heavy snow shower in the small hours. .Like Al said, we are never prepared for it, even when it's forecast!