Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings

Irfaan

Nurhachi1991 said:
Damn! This guys got street fighter skills! He wiped the floor with me

:hat:

Bull****!

You were the best ;)

On topic: Since Amaze is doing the PSP version of the game (I thought it was just a port of the PS2/Wii) then the PSP version could end up worse (or better, but I doubt that) I didn't even want to buy it for the PSP, but it's the only thing I have in which it plays on. :( If only they could release it on Xbox 360 or Xbox (even in the state it's in now)

marshce

dr.jones1986 said:
I love Star Wars...but i have to agree. Indy is Donald Duck and SW is Mickey Mouse...

But Donald Duck was ultimately Disney's most successful short film character, way more than Mickey Mouse.

Irfaan

dr.jones1986 said:
I love Star Wars...but i have to agree. Indy is Donald Duck and SW is Mickey Mouse...

If Indy is Donald Duck, then I am Mickey Mouse... But then who is the Scottish Lord?

lol, sorry, I couldn't resist putting that joke there :D

dr.jones1986

I do feel like there is alot more love and care put into star wars as opposed to Indy. I mean star wars has alot more source material other than the movies( i mean how many star wars games have come out in the last decade?) and they still have a more organized canon. They do a solid job of keeping the cronology organized and usually clarify stuff that isn't, such as the backstory of Fett. I mean they did a good job basically nullifing all the old Fett backstory in episode 2 yet were able to implement many aspects of the old story into the new background.
With Indy it seems no one is in charge or cares. He has gone after the same prize on mulitple occasions...phillisophers stone, first emperor of china, scroll with entire fate of everyone to ever live etc. Infact that last object is gonna be the subject of the new young adult novels, yet he went after that same thing in the Secret of the Spinx. They could put a little more care into the Indy francise, at least the same effort as SW, but they don't and that is kinda sad.

The Tingler

Discovered something of interest today. Did anyone know that Staff of Kings' villain's name was actually revealed last year in 'Indiana Jones: The Ultimate Guide'?

I knew that the Ultimate Guide gave away the fact that Indy would be searching for his old professor, Charles Kingston, but I didn't notice until today that Indy's timeline has this installment:

"1922: Indy and Magnus Voller accompany Charles Kingston to an archaeological dig in Panama".

Nurhachi1991

Yeah it would be cool if they released it as an original xbox game download on the 360 they wouldn't even have to spend money on discs!

Morning Bell

The Tingler said:
Discovered something of interest today. Did anyone know that Staff of Kings' villain's name was actually revealed last year in 'Indiana Jones: The Ultimate Guide'?

I knew that the Ultimate Guide gave away the fact that Indy would be searching for his old professor, Charles Kingston, but I didn't notice until today that Indy's timeline has this installment:

"1922: Indy and Magnus Voller accompany Charles Kingston to an archaeological dig in Panama".

I'd actually forgotten about this but you bring up a good point. The guide mentioned all of this and then it kind of got lost in the shuffle. It'll be interesting to see how this story plays out.

I'm just going to throw this out there and see what you guys think, because I don't think anyone else has suggested this yet:

Does anyone think the second player in co-op could be Marcus?

Lambonius

robisindy said:
I'm just going to throw this out there and see what you guys think, because I don't think anyone else has suggested this yet:

Does anyone think the second player in co-op could be Marcus?

The Nintendo Power article seems to hint pretty strongly that it's Henry Sr. "...Look forward to some senior moments..." I think was the line.

I suppose that line could apply to Marcus, too, but I think Henry Sr is more likely, since Connery is the obvious fan-favorite.

muttjones

Lambonius said:
The Nintendo Power article seems to hint pretty strongly that it's Henry Sr. "...Look forward to some senior moments..." I think was the line.

I suppose that line could apply to Marcus, too, but I think Henry Sr is more likely, since Connery is the obvious fan-favorite.

it would be cool if the other character was a teenage Shotround. In 1939 he'd be around 16 right?

Montana_Jones

Why were LucasArts working on the 360/PS3 versions originally only to cancel it? Very idiotic of them. So they give all the niceties of Star Wars full bore but Indiana Jones? Nope... I'd've rather them keep working on it since I own an XBOX 360 and am severely let down by this.
Thanks for absolutely nothing, LucasArts. I hope you don't screw up the eventual return of Monkey Island which I know you will.:(

DocWhiskey

Montana_Jones said:
Why were LucasArts working on the 360/PS3 versions originally only to cancel it? Very idiotic of them. (

Yes. That was LucasArts whole plan. To make some footage of an Indiana Jones game just to cancel it on purpose. :rolleyes:

Too much money was spent. Too little progress was being made. It wasn't worth it so it was axed. Simple as that. Happens with tons of games.