Spielberg at Raiders screening and Q&A

foreignerfred

RaiderMitch said:
I emailed the LA Times Hero Complex for more details on this event that Geoff was talking about on GeekTime and have not heard back yet. When I hear something you will all know.

Awesome! Thank you so much, Mitch.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
From the mailbag:
LA Times Hero Complex (http://herocomplex.latimes.com) is going to have a special 30th Anniversary Screening of RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK on September 12th in Downtown Los Angeles with Steven Spielberg on stage doing a Q&A afterwards! The Q&A will be held by Geoff Boucher, who founded the Hero Complex -- and all tickets are free! (first come, first serve). People can follow the Hero Complex on twitter to look out for the link where they can RSVP for tix: twitter.com/#!/LATherocomplex

paraiderfan

Lucky Dog

Dude, How lucky can you get. I am so jealous. Please, please, please, get pictures if you can. Movies, audio, whatever you can get your hands on.

Lance Quazar

If anyone more diligent out there hears about the ticket sales and wants to get another one for me (since I'm lazy and may not see the announcement in time), I'd definitely be down and would reimburse you immediately.

Also, I'd bring cookies.

Dr.Sartorius

I was able to snag two RSVPs before it 'sold out' (y)

Line-up begins at 4PM. I'll be there by 2PM at the latest just to be safe.

mattzilla2010

Lance Quazar said:
Crap. Stand by only for me!
Same boat. Even if we don't get a notification by Sep. 8th do you think we'd have a chance of getting in if we just showed up? Might they have a stand-by line at the event itself?

Pale Horse

Staff member
Mungi said:
"The future of the franchise will be one of the top topics during the Sept. 12 interview."

Finally we'll hear what the master has to say.:hat:

Don't get your hopes up.

InVader

Mungi said:
"The future of the franchise will be one of the top topics during the Sept. 12 interview."

Finally we'll hear what the master has to say.:hat:

So I was thinking...This is a rather bold thing to advertise. Would Spielberg really want to be in a room full of fans to let them know that there won't be another movie, especially after having hyped the event with a comment like that? Could it be that this QA session could be an opportunity for him to ask some questions of the fans about what they'd like to see in another installment?

Lance Quazar

mattzilla2010 said:
Same boat. Even if we don't get a notification by Sep. 8th do you think we'd have a chance of getting in if we just showed up? Might they have a stand-by line at the event itself?

Eh, they might. But if so, it'll be so mind-bogglingly long that I would doubt you'd have a good chance.

Think about it - it would be standby for the standby. How many seats would fall through both cracks? One? Two?

mattzilla2010

Lance Quazar said:
Eh, they might. But if so, it'll be so mind-bogglingly long that I would doubt you'd have a good chance.

Think about it - it would be standby for the standby. How many seats would fall through both cracks? One? Two?
Yeah... just trying to hold onto my teeny tiny little thread of hope. :(