Ghostbusters: Afterlife

DocWhiskey

Jack Nelligan said:
Is Bill Murray on board? If not, please don't make the movie.
Bill said he's in if the script's good. But he hasn't seen a script yet.

Can't blame the guy for wanting to make a good movie.

But after Ghostbusters 2, Garfield 1 and 2, I think he should just DO it. :p

Cole

It seems unlikely they will get a script to Murray's liking, because he seems to really expect something spectacular, and I just don't think he's gonna get it.

Dan Aykroyd Now Uncertain About "Ghostbusters 3"

Recently Bill Murray mentioned his uncertainty about the franchise, but it seems Dan Aykroyd is now in the same position.
During a recent signing appearance for his father's book, ""A History of Ghosts," Dan Aykroyd released a statement about the rumors of "Ghostbusters 3" pushing towards production.

"Obviously its all talk until I have the following: B117B3X9, that's a production number. When I see the production number, then I'll know I'm in the picture business again. But I don't have the production number tonight," he said.

Everyone wants the film to move forward of course but the process seems to be stuck in a slow pace towards production.

"We a have a script, but no production number and until we have the green light, we can't stick the pipe up into the mega-corporation and draw the honey."

The Man

Weaver: Such A Temptress...

"I might be in it; I see nothing wrong with being in it, although I don?t think I will have a big part. I think Bill Murray has a little more to do with it - he?s a ghost."

DocWhiskey

I don't know about that. That plot idea has been tossed around for years.

I think you're pulling our leg, Weaver :mad:

avidfilmbuff

I think that the main problem with Ghostbusters 2 was with its story of the Ghostbusters being forced out of business, for this causes the film to be a rehash of the first film instead of a sequel. The film should have began with the Ghostbusters in business as usual catching ghosts, with the film focusing on their ghostbusting exploits, while Egon notices some mysterious force taking over the city, and have the film climax with a battle against this force. In fact, that's exactly what the game, making it the true sequel we never got. The game not only had a funny story, but a story that was also quite terrifying, and it wasn't a rehash of the first film.

I hope that the third film will stand on its own, and not just act as a rehash of the first film.

The Man

When Ya Gonna Shoot?

Now, 25 years after the original, there seems to be some willingness to proceed and apparently a substantial public appetite for a sequel. We?ll introduce some new young Ghostbusters, and all the old guys will be in it, too. Think Christopher Lloyd in Back to the Future ... GB3 is progressing with plans to shoot next summer and release in 2011.

TheMutt92

Bill Murray cameo confirmed (spoilers... or could he just be joking?)

http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/02/07/bill-murray-gives-details-on-his-ghostbusters-3-appearance/

It has been long rumored that Bill Murray’s character Dr. Peter Venkman would appear in Ghostbusters 3 as a ghost. Yes, that’s right — a ghost. Well Murray has confirmed that the only way he’ll appear in the film is if he gets to appear as a dead Ghostbuster.

“I’ll come back in Ghostbusters III only if I get to be a ghost. I said to them, ‘I’ll do it if you kill me off in the first reel.’ So now they are going to have me as a ghost in the film.”

Something tells me the success of Zombieland has had a LOT to do w/ the push on this one...

EddyW

You know, I hate to be complaining about something that hasn't even been made yet, but I am really not interested in a dead Venkman. I only want to see GB3 because I want to see the old gang at it again. Having new/ younger ghostbusters appear in the film is already making me less interested in GB3, please leave what is left of the old films intact.

caats

TheMutt92 said:
Something tells me the success of Zombieland has had a LOT to do w/ the push on this one...

scripting for this started before zombieland came out. and i think sigourney weaver was already quoted saying this same thing before zombieland.

i'm not sure if this is just murray's humor playing with everyone

indyfan85

I'd like to see him as a ghost ghostbuster myself, that sounds like a great idea. Guys a genius!

As long as it is more than just a cameo, Bill was one of the best parts about the movies.

Indy's brother

Honestly, I love the idea as Bill Murray presented it! I've been reading the rumors about him being a ghost in GB3, but I had assumed that he would just appear as a ghost in a cameo, with some kind of back story about his death. Killing him off in the first reel then having him as a ghost throughout the rest of the movie sounds like an awesome twist, if they do it right. If they can pull it off, it's a hilarious concept!

Goonie

Indy's brother said:
Honestly, I love the idea as Bill Murray presented it! I've been reading the rumors about him being a ghost in GB3, but I had assumed that he would just appear as a ghost in a cameo, with some kind of back story about his death. Killing him off in the first reel then having him as a ghost throughout the rest of the movie sounds like an awesome twist, if they do it right. If they can pull it off, it's a hilarious concept!

I dunno about this Peter Venkman being a ghost sidekick. That's Slimer's job.

DocWhiskey

Yeah, I'm not sold on the idea either. I hope that they don't go with that. But if they do, I really hope I'm surprised and it turns out well.

Joosse

Maybe they should get Dolph Lundgren...

After all, who're you gonne call?

He-Man, He-Man, He-Man!

:D