Nothinh like the old ones ????/

sunshinestate1992

Everyone is saying its unlike the other and is different. Is TEmple of doom the same NO i bet the fans had the same thing to say when it debud
of course its not exactly like the one !!!!! it shouldnt bee but it does feel like a indy adventure otehrwise

QBComics

salussolia said:
Everyone is saying its unlike the other and is different. Is TEmple of doom the same NO i bet the fans had the same thing to say when it debud
of course its not exactly like the one !!!!! it shouldnt bee but it does feel like a indy adventure otehrwise

I agree. Of COURSE it will not be the same as the other movies. Harrison Ford has gotten old and they needed to work with it, so they brought into a different decade. 1950s: Yes Nazis probably wouldn't have worked so why not Soviets. They're pretty bad. I have waited for SO long not to let this go to waste. I know I will love it just because it's Indy.

Borbarad

What people are saying is that it's not like an Indy adventure, making it unlike the other 3 in that respect.

triklops

I am actually kinda "happy" that this film is not just bad or half bad ...ist SUPER-bad !!! It's easier for me to separate it from the old ones because I just can't take it any serious....

sunshinestate1992

triklops said:
I am actually kinda "happy" that this film is not just bad or half bad ...ist SUPER-bad !!! It's easier for me to separate it from the old ones because I just can't take it any serious....
u copied this from another thread old news noone cares what u think im going to enjoy it even more because u keep saying that

MagicStick

triklops said:

What a ridiculous statement. No one is ever gonna take that kind of comment seriously.

HebrewsThought

triklops said:
seen the movie?

Whether or not he's seen the movie is irrelevant. The fact that you are coming here and spouting your opinion everywhere on people who don't want to hear it is what's ridiculous. You know you're in a small majority of fans who have seen this film as of right now. Don't ruin the experience for those who are going to see it in a few hours, or over the weekend, or in the next few months.

You should be ashamed to call yourself a fan.

triklops

HebrewsThought said:
Whether or not he's seen the movie is irrelevant. The fact that you are coming here and spouting your opinion everywhere on people who don't want to hear it is what's ridiculous. You know you're in a small majority of fans who have seen this film as of right now. Don't ruin the experience for those who are going to see it in a few hours, or over the weekend, or in the next few months.

You should be ashamed to call yourself a fan.

Calm down bro. I did not spoil anything !! This is a "Nothing like the old ones thread".
Why are some people overreacting to negative reviews. I did not make the film.....DOn't you think I am disappointed as well ?

HebrewsThought

triklops said:
Calm down bro. I did not spoil anything !! This is a "Nothing like the old ones thread".
Why are some people overreacting to negative reviews. I did not make the film.....DOn't you think I am disappointed as well ?

If you're disappointed in the film, offer intelligent and constructive, mature criticism elsewhere. Don't into a forum in which you know fans are waiting anxiously calling it "super-bad".

I don't think I've heard anyone use "super" as an adjective since back before Raiders ever came out. :whip:

triklops

HebrewsThought said:
If you're disappointed in the film, offer intelligent and constructive, mature criticism elsewhere. Don't into a forum in which you know fans are waiting anxiously calling it "super-bad".

I don't think I've heard anyone use "super" as an adjective since back before Raiders ever came out. :whip:

Sorry, don't want to ruin anything.
If you want to read my thoughts they are in the Spoiler section

OmegaSeamaster

As a hardcore fan, and knowing the utter crap spewed forth by Lucas recently, I'm already working hard to figure out a way I can pretend this movie never existed if it is utter garbage.

TheLastCrusader

Yea I saw it exactly one day ago. I was highly anticipating this, just like you people. Years of waiting and speculating.
I am sorry, the movie just wasn't very good.

Raiders90

mindy muffles said:
I just think maybe its going to be hard for the fanboys to digest the fact that this movie could suck elephant testicles.

Or because they didn't make up their minds before seeing the film or hoping for it to be bad so they could bash Lucas.

triklops

Raiders112390 said:
Or because they didn't make up their minds before seeing the film or hoping for it to be bad so they could bash Lucas.

Who do you actually think you are. Do you know anything about anyone here ?
Do you know how many nights I spend waiting for this film , hoping it would be a great addition to the franchise ?

UltimateManGod

Raiders112390 said:

Besides, it's clearly been recieved well by most critics. Rotten Tomatoes and Metacritic are testament to that. It's just the specifically Indy fans that seem to have more vocal negative responses. I've seen several people who enjoyed it here. They've just gotten lost in the repeated negativity. Plus, mos of us have not seen it yet.

Raiders90

triklops said:
Who do you actually think you are. Do you know anything about anyone here ?
Do you know how many nights I spend waiting for this film , hoping it would be a great addition to the franchise ?

Again I wonder how LC or ToD would've been received had they been released now, after a 19 year wait.

triklops

Raiders112390 said:
Again I wonder how LC or ToD would've been received had they been released now, after a 19 year wait.

Let me ask again . Have you seen the film ??? Why are you trying so hard to defend something against somenones own opinion.

Raiders90

triklops said:
Let me ask again . Have you seen the film ??? Why are you trying so hard to defend something against somenones own opinion.

Because I've seen so many people here bash the film before it was released, or jump on the bandwagon that it sucks because of what some fans here say or want to tear up their tickets because of what people are saying. The critics generally seem to like it. They didn't really like the prequels. That gives me an indication of where it stands, but I'll give my own opinion once I say.
If it had been LC or ToD which was being released tomorrow after a 19 year wait this board would be bash central I imagine.