Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings

Tydirium

Grizzlor said:
Strange it will not come on PC either.

Was it ever announced for PC? Here's the opening to the original press release,
SAN FRANCISCO, CA ? April 27, 2006 ? LucasArts announced today that Indiana Jones' first expedition on Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PlayStation3 will feature the revolutionary euphoria behavioral-simulation engine from NaturalMotion Ltd., creators of the award-winning Dynamic Motion Synthesis (DMS) technology. For the first time ever, euphoria enables interactive characters ? from Indiana Jones himself to the foes he pulverizes ? to move, act and even think like actual human beings without the limitations of traditional animation. Characters move and adapt realistically to their given situations on the fly, resulting in a series of experiences and payoffs that will never be the same twice. As one of only two publishers with early access to the technology, LucasArts is well advanced in integrating euphoria into Indiana Jones' 2007 next-generation adventure.

The Tingler

Notice at the end of the trailer: copyright 2008. This trailer's been ready for a while.

Now they have absolutely no excuse to not bring this out on PC, apart from LucasArts being a bunch of moronic jerks who couldn't market a game if their lives depended on it. And it did, which is why they've stopped making games.

I predict this will actually be graphically worse than Emperor's Tomb on Xbox (which came out 6 years ago).

I'd also like to remind everyone that the only reason we're not getting this tomorrow is that LucasArts have to quickly remind the world that the title exists, and somehow get people excited enough to buy it.

Am I the only Indy fan that owns a Wii around here?

Indy's brother

The Tingler said:
Am I the only Indy fan that owns a Wii around here?

I've got a wii, but I'd rather play this on a console that has an appropriate control scheme. This is going to DS, PS2(?) (the end of the video only shows the playstation logo, whatever that is supposed to imply), and the Wii. Games that aren't developed specifically for the wiimote seem like they've just been crammed into the console. Sure, I'd love to crack Indy's whip myself on the wii, but aside from that, I think that I would rather play this with an old fashioned controller.

Snakes

I'm happy to see anything about this game at all. Just knowing that it might come out someday in some form is good enough for me. It would be lousy if the game is only released on Wii/PS2/PSP, but at least we're getting a completely new Indy game. Being on the Wii doesn't automatically make it a "kiddy" game either, just look at the newest Call of Duty game. I think that Wii controls would fit well with an Indy game, especially cinematic fist fighting.

Dewy9

If they put the time and effort to make it work well on the Wii, then it'll be great. If they didn't, then the game will be mediocre at best. Same as most games. The whip especially could work out really well and be a lot of fun if it's done right.

Nurhachi1991

Wow that teaser trailer was awesome it is like someone kicked me between the legs and gave me a dollar at the same time........... No next gen no Euphoria :mad: :mad:

But still this is waaaaaaaaaaay better than another lego game so I can't complain

indy34

well I'm going to be very peeved if its not coming out on xbox 360 because I bought one partly for this game:mad:

EvilDevo

Graphics whores, silence!

Seriously... so much whining on this forum. It's sickening. You're all getting a new Indiana Jones game that could very well have been canceled completely. ENJOY IT. BE GLAD YOU'RE GETTING ANYTHING AT ALL. With the economy the way it is, this is to be expected. Did we see this coming? Yes. Does it suck? Yes. Will Indiana Jones ever return again to the land of video games? YES. DOUBLE YES. We will eventually see an Indy game that is 10X the game this one could have been. On PS4 ... Xbox 1080... etc. CALM DOWN. Let's face it... Indy isn't popular. It's simple economics. Why spend so much creating a game that just won't sell all that well?

You're right, this game won't have the best graphics IN ALL TEH REAL TIME CG LANDS. I guess we better stop playing every other Indy game out there while we're at it. Gross. Look at those graphics. Terrible. WHERE TESE MADE BY A 2 YEARS OLD?!

You fair weather children need to grow up. Indy is back in video game form. It could very well be the best Wii/PS2 game you've ever played... but because it doesn't have trophy support... WRITE IT OFF. F THAT. NO WAY.

spiralout

EvilDevo said:
Graphics whores, silence!

Seriously... so much whining on this forum. It's sickening. You're all getting a new Indiana Jones game that could very well have been canceled completely. ENJOY IT. BE GLAD YOU'RE GETTING ANYTHING AT ALL. With the economy the way it is, this is to be expected. Did we see this coming? Yes. Does it suck? Yes. Will Indiana Jones ever return again to the land of video games? YES. DOUBLE YES. We will eventually see an Indy game that is 10X the game this one could have been. On PS4 ... Xbox 1080... etc. CALM DOWN. Let's face it... Indy isn't popular. It's simple economics. Why spend so much creating a game that just won't sell all that well?

You're right, this game won't have the best graphics IN ALL TEH REAL TIME CG LANDS. I guess we better stop playing every other Indy game out there while we're at it. Gross. Look at those graphics. Terrible. WHERE TESE MADE BY A 2 YEARS OLD?!

You fair weather children need to grow up. Indy is back in video game form. It could very well be the best Wii/PS2 game you've ever played... but because it doesn't have trophy support... WRITE IT OFF. F THAT. NO WAY.

I doubt it's the graphics that people are upset about. When a game doesn't have any information released about it for years, and then a bunch of the development staff gets cut, and then a trailer shows up (not even on the company website) which shows that the primary development platforms have been dropped in favor of more casual platforms, then it is means for concern.

The way this looks is like they've spent so much time on the game, that they've run out funding and they're just going to push it out the door on the Wii and stick some motion-controlled whip waving action in it, and call it a day. I hope I'm wrong.

Last edited:

spiralout

Tydirium said:
It was never being developed for the PC as far as we know. Stop asking people.

It was never going to be developed for the Wii and DS as far as we knew until a few days ago either.

Grizzlor

I apologize for not having the facts exactly. I myself stopped following the news on the game, because the initial reports said only 360/PS3, and I have neither. 360 has too many hardware failures and PS3 is too expensive. I've also stopped following LucasArts news, because I've not been very interested in their newer games. I am surprised that they shut down their internal development. As for PC, I am only surprised that it was never considered for development, considering almost every LucasArts game (other than Nintendo-exclusives) has been.

The Tingler

Insomniac said:

Just got to answer Gilles' question there - there are two reasons why it's not on LucasArts' site yet. One, this video may well be leaked, it's certainly very surprising they released it at the last minute on Friday. Two, LucasArts are notoriously useless when it comes to updating their own website.

I've got to say though... despite all my better instincts telling me that this game will continue the downward trend Indy games have been taking since 1993, there's still A little voice at the back of my mind just continuously saying "NEW INDY GAME COMING SOON NEW INDY GAME COMING SOON NEW INDY GAME COMING SOON..."

Dr.Sartorius

Tydirium said:
It was never being developed for the PC as far as we know. Stop asking people.

They could have developed the game for the PC during the last couple years. And if they haven't they still can. The ball's in Lucasart's court.

RWLover

I very much enjoyed that trailer, it did indeed give me that feeling of: NEW INDY GAME OUT SOON, NEW INDY GAME OUT SOON!! And I don't care too much for it not getting a PS3/360 release, as I own a Wii, PSP and Nintendo DS. :D So I'm even happier now that it's confirmed that it will have a release, and for all the platforms I own:D Sorry to hear about the people who bought an XBOX or PS3 especially for this game though... Hope it will eventually get released for those platforms as well.

Finn

Staff member
Dr.Sartorius said:
They could have developed the game for the PC during the last couple years. And if they haven't they still can. The ball's in Lucasart's court.
If there ever was going to be a PC version, it'd most likely be based on the XO/PS3 version. And since that one was canned...

I know that the management at LEC is most likely filled with idiots, but I don't believe even they are dumb enough to publish a PC game based on yesterday's tech.

Of course, if SoK somehow against all the odds becomes a major seller, they might consider porting whatever version they have at hand for PC, but I'd say that even a SoK movie adaptation by Uwe Böll has better chances to become reality.

indyjones2131

Evil Devo

EvilDevo, I'd wager it's guys like you that keep Lucas cranking out pure crap. So long as it has the Indy name on it, you'll just be excited - regardless of quality or what might have been.

Some of us out here actually want a QUALITY Indy game, like the one that was teased to us three years ago.

Understand that?