Rate the Indiana Jones Series

The Drifter

People are way too critical today. Back before the internet if we did not like something, we just didn't watch it. Now with the internet everyone makes a mountain out of a molehill because they have somewhere where their voice is heard.

Dr.Jonesy

Lonsome_Drifter said:
People are way too critical today. Back before the internet if we did not like something, we just didn't watch it. Now with the internet everyone makes a mountain out of a molehill because they have somewhere where their voice is heard.

Very true...those were the days, huh?
:p

deckard24

Raiders of the Lost Ark: 10/10 The first, the best, and the one they've all been compared to since, but failed to match!

Temple of Doom: 9/10 Not nearly as perfect as Raiders, but still comes in a close second in my opinion. One of the best movie sets of all time, not to mention the most badass version of Indy yet. All I have to say is, "Mola Ram, prepare to meet Kali, in HELL!"

Last Crusade: 8/10 Fun, but too much of a retread of Raiders at times. Henry Sr. though makes up for a lot of that. Also, what a fantastic ending!

Kingdom of the Crystal Skull: 6/10 It was great to see Ford donning the fedora again, but the weak script, lack of suspense, and painfully unfunny moments (or unintentionally funny) knock this one further down the ladder.

Kevin

Raiders of the Lost Ark: 9/10
Temple of Doom: 9.5/10
Last Crusade: 8/10
Kingdom of the Crystal Skull: 7.5/10

ToD vs Raiders

Lonsome_Drifter said:
Am I the only one who likes ToD above all the rest?

I have a tough time with those 2. I have to slide it to Raiders, though, for introducing the character. The boulder scene at the beginning blew me away when I was a kid.

ToD was almost as awesome! And the dark, creepy story (which many fault it for) made it THE BEST sequel ever made, in my opinion (even above SW Empire Strikes Back). My heart was pounding from the edge of the seat pacing. I left the movie theater with the most satisfying feeling I've ever gotten from seeing a movie. It pisses me off when Steven and George come out apologizing for the masterpiece that was ToD.

Inbanana

Raiders 9/10
Temple 9.5/10
Crusade 8/10
Chronicles 7/10
Skull 6.5/10

Back in the 80's, Raiders might have come out on top... but I think that the later sequels have actually taken away from the original somehow. Anyway, I guess that would be my "current" rating... and I think skull gets a little bit better each time I see it.

Sir Galahad

+Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark: 10/10

+Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom: 9/10

+Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade: 10/10

+Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull: 8.5/10

Chewbacca Jones

The easiest ranking/rating of my movie-watching career!!! (y)

Raiders: 10/10 - Cinema's perfect adventure film, period.

Last Crusade: 9/10 - It lost a point because it was just a tiny bit too derivative of Raiders, yet failed to take the more adult tone of Raiders. Still remains my favorite family fun film. (and tongue twister, apparently).

Temple of Doom: 7/10 - Never my favorite. It has the wrong "feel," and is full of holes. Not that the others don't have them. But ToD is swiss cheese in terms of the flow of action. Still, a great movie that outshines most stuff out there.

Crystal Skull: 2/10 - Sorry. I find this movie to be weak beyond words, even when not compared to the other Indy movies. I can't even watch it without the company of somebody who likes it (I feed of of their excitement, for some reason). It's redeeming value is that it heralded the return of Indy, honored a true fan (Steve Delk) by using his hats, and gave us more cool character outfits to choose from. Even if you don't agree with my rating, you have to admit that it's a major let-down to have an Indy movie where Indy mostly watches other people do stuff... sometimes while driving.
:hat:

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Raiders - 11/10 (ramped to 11, spinal tap style, for the Nazi saluting monkey)
Temple - 6/10 (too much screaming)
Crusade - 8/10 (knocked back for the anti-climatic end)
Skull - 3/10 (I needed therapy just to get over it! Sometimes, things are best left in the box.):D

mister64

Raiders 9.5/10 The idol "pretitle" sequence is amazing, as is the Ark music.

Temple 6/10 Club Obi-Wan is fun, but the film didn't have the right feel to me, being stuck underground for so long.

Crusade 9.51/10 Connery constantly saying "Junior" and "this is intolerable" puts it slightly over Raiders.

Skull 7.5/10 I liked the Mutt/Indy interplay, but could have done with less CGI, and Mac's constant loyalty changes. There also wasn't much sense of danger after the jungle chase since the death traps were nonexistant.