The Ugly Mugs of Raveners...

Stoo

A Dead Thread That Needs a Poke!

Montana Smith said:
It's said that a picture's worth a thousand words. Though I doubt a thousand words would be enough to describe the story behind those pictures. :p
Danny "Webley" is a big fan of Short Round. He no crazy - he nuts!:D

Carrying on, here's a photo that doesn't need 1000 words: Pisa, Italy, 27 August 2010

Stoo_Pisa_1.jpg

Last edited:

DiscoLad

Stoo

You actually went in it? That's neat as hell. :D
I've never seen it in a picture that close. It's nice to actually see it that close.
I wouldn't go in it, too afraid of heights. :)

Speaking of heights... I wouldn't be able to hold that job, IndyB. Haha.
ibyrzp.jpg

Who wants to see me in my domain... Cause I know you're all curious to see if I'm still alive...

Montana Smith

While ferreting around in the dusty back back passages of The Raven I noticed there's another The ugly mugs of Raveners.... Also Webley's baby, still alive, but unused since since 2005.

For the purposes of streamlining it seems like these two would merge neatly, from the inception of the idea to the later wide array of mugs on display. :)

Finn

Staff member
Fine.

Since some of you obviously got so obsessive out of it, I'll dump this here as well:

7GeIM.jpg

You can stop PMing me about it now. And just for your information, going all CSI on it won't make it any sharper in real life.

<The subliminal messages are all still there though. You WILL like that cake yet.>

Finn said:
...won't make it any sharper in real life.

<The subliminal messages are all still there though. You WILL like that cake yet.>

A cigarette and you could pull off a decent Marlene Dietrich.

<cake is a lie>

Montana Smith

Rocket Surgeon said:
A cigarette and you could pull off a decent Marlene Dietrich.

<cake is a lie>

Finn said:
And if you're really interested in the size of my shoulders, one of my friends once said. "Your shoulders are like barn doors. As wide, as rotten."

Something is rotten in the State of Finland. I think it's standard of photography. :p

Finn

Staff member
Montana Smith said:
Something is rotten in the State of Finland. I think it's standard of photography.
Most modern cameras have this thing called EAF, which stands for the "Eldritch Abomination Filter".

For some reason, it always seems to kick off whenever I wander into the frame.

<small>It's a knee, by the way. My left sole rests against the wall.</small>

Montana Smith

Finn said:
Most modern cameras have this thing called EAF, which stands for the "Eldritch Abomination Filter".

For some reason, it always seems to kick off whenever I wander into the frame.

It doesn't surprise me!

Finn said:
<small>It's a knee, by the way. My left sole rests against the wall.</small>

And there was me thinking this was your missing entry from Miss The Raven 2004. ;)

Finn

Staff member
Montana Smith said:
And there was me thinking this was your missing entry from Miss The Raven 2004. ;)
That was so 2004, dude!

In our current plan is to hold a fundraiser in order to keep TR.N and this shabby old joint running for several more years to come. The carrot dangling in front of your noses will be the "Mystery Men of The Raven" pictorial, with a new piece revealed every time we hit a milestone.

$20 - A mug shot of VP
$50 - A mug shot of Moedred
$100 - A mug shot of Attila The Professor
$200 - A mug shot of Pale Horse
$500 - A mug shot of Finn
$1000 - A bust shot of Violet <Boy am I happy to be on the polar opposite end of the world from her.>

You'll see a personal plea from Gilles V appearing shortly.

Montana Smith

Finn said:
That was so 2004, dude!

In our current plan is to hold a fundraiser in order to keep TR.N and this shabby old joint running for several more years to come. The carrot dangling in front of your noses will be the "Mystery Men of The Raven" pictorial, with a new piece revealed every time we hit a milestone.

$20 - A mug shot of VP
$1000 - A bust shot of Violet <Boy am I happy to be on the polar opposite end of the world from her.>

I'm guessing Violet doesn't know about this yet.

<Boy are you in trouble now!>

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Finn said:
That was so 2004, dude!

$20 - A mug shot of VP

I, sir, am not amused. My bust's worth more than that! :p <And you're lucky I have a sense of humor>

Montana Smith said:
I'm guessing Violet doesn't know about this yet.

Apparently Finn doesn't need my permission to sell his stalker pics. In any case, certainly proves how much of a wiener fest the Raven's become....

Finn

Staff member
Violet said:
I, sir, am not amused. My bust's worth more than that! :p
C'mon, Lady Vi! Don't you see that your pretty bust is already worth double than the rest of our ugly mugs combined! It's the main prize!

If these guys really come through for us for that, I think they've more than deserved to see some headlights.

Montana Smith

Finn said:
C'mon, Lady Vi! Don't you see that your pretty bust is already worth double than the rest of our ugly mugs combined! It's the main prize!

If these guys really come through for us for that, I think they've more than deserved to see some headlights.

Be sure to tell us what it felt like, Finn.

You know it's coming. The only surprise will be whether it comes in the form of a boomerang or a didgeridoo.

Finn

Staff member
Err... didgeridoo?

Getting smacked over the head with a huge wooden trumpet would certainly be a new one even for a professional trouble magnet such as yours truly.

Though it would create an ironic echo back to how I met my first girlfriend. She hit me with a recorder flute when we were in the first grade. (Granted, it took a decade or so before we actually became an item, but still.)