Crystal Skull unabridged audiobook (7 discs)

Montana Smith

Rocket Surgeon said:
...but his Mac is pretty distracting.

Sounds pretty convincing. Mac was distracting.

As was Marion.

And Oxley.

And Mutt.

Is there anyone else you know who could read your bedtime story to you?

Montana Smith said:
Sounds pretty convincing. Mac was distracting.

As was Marion.

And Oxley.

And Mutt.
Commentary by Association? Dragging the film into this?

Sheesh, thought you liked the book...

Montana Smith said:
Is there anyone else you know who could read your bedtime story to you?
Is there balance to any of your commentary?:p

Montana Smith

Rocket Surgeon said:
Commentary by Association? Dragging the film into this?

Sheesh, thought you liked the book...

Rollins turned out to be an excellent turd polisher.

Rocket Surgeon said:
Is there balance to any of your commentary?:p

Maybe I should create a second account specifically for that purpose.

Montana Smith said:
Rollins turned out to be an excellent turd polisher. Maybe I should create a second account specifically for that purpose.
Bit odd to spend so much time pointing at polished turds saying "Hey! Polished Turd!":rolleyes:

You're perfectly bipolar as is!

Montana Smith

Rocket Surgeon said:
Bit odd to spend so much time pointing at polished turds saying "Hey! Polished Turd!":rolleyes:

The filmed version was bad. The novelization tried to make it better. Rollins' hands were tied. His turd polishing was exemplary.

Rollins has given names to the soldiers guarding Hangar 51...along with betting on the outcome of the drag race.

More interesting to me is the cut scene where Mac gets his head shoved under a wheel.

Indy and Dovchenko get to the rocket sled via a leasurely walk down a flight of stairs not an observation window...

If you thought Blanchet's Russian accent was cringeworthy, L J Ganser doing Blanchet doing Spalko is a treat...

GanserLJ.jpg

$2.95 at Barnes and Noble

The Reaper

Thanks for the link! I'm gonna check this out asap. Just ordered the paperback, I'm behind the times, I know, and can't wait to read it.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Surprised to find this at the local library. Imported onto iTunes. There are some amazing local library systems where you can borrow anything straight to your reading or listening device, but only for a while. The window to make free digital copies is starting to close with the demise of CDs (and return of vinyl).

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
I gave this a listen, very good. Then started The Force Awakens which is packed with incidental music, sound and voice effects. Audiobooks have come a long way in recent years, Indy 4 could use some enhancements. Hopefully trilogy audiobooks are in the works too.

ThrowMeTheWhip

I gave this a listen, very good. Then started The Force Awakens which is packed with incidental music, sound and voice effects. Audiobooks have come a long way in recent years, Indy 4 could use some enhancements. Hopefully trilogy audiobooks are in the works too.
Check out Heir to the Empire— that one has some pretty good voice and music work.

I listened to this Crystal Skull book last year. As was said 8 years ago— does a better job of setting up the story. Still not great by an stretch, but it makes a few of the more frustratingly underbaked moments of the film more palatable.