Worst 3.75 inch figure?

Goonie

What do you think is the worst 3.75 inch figure?

In my opinion, it's Irina Spalko. Can't hold her gun and can't get the figure to stand.(n)

Marty Jones

Early on Mutt ranked near the top on my "worst figures" list but upon finding one that was very nicely painted, I found that a good paint job really brought out the details and made the figure pop, so he actually rose through the ranks so far as to become one of my favorites in the line (I'm hoping I like his on-screen character as much).

I would have to cast my vote for the Ugha warrior. He looks more cartoonish than the other figures and lacks a certain amount of detail (what detail he does have isn't very sharp), and doesn't look a whole lot like his on-screen counterparts. This is a figure that could have used a good paint wash and a few extra colors (the blue used on the cardback photo would have been a nice touch, I think). Let me clarify by saying that the Ugha warrior is not a bad figure by any means, but it's probably my least favorite of the bunch.

Last edited:

thelaw

Mutt has an oddly large head. I guess the intent was to make him look more like a kid, but since he's pretty much the same height as everyone else, it just looks strange. Also the torso seems to long/legs too short.

Either version.

SPECTER

Raiders Indy,Marion,and KOTCS jacket Indy
after i bought the RPG Indy(it looks 100% like Ford) jacket indy just looks very very ugly.

FETT1

...AND WHAT'S WITH THE LOUSY SHALLOW PEG HOLES...HASBUTT REALLY BLEW CHUNKS WITH THESE ....OI!:dead:
FETT1:whip:

Montana_Jones

Marion Fan said:
Unfortunately it is Marion for me. Why no leg articulation? The face sculpt is not even close.
Perhaps for Hasbro's second RotLA wave they'll have a SA Marion with dead-on likeness?
All the figures I've purchased have all great paint apps. That's what you get for a new factory working out its kinks.
I figure, pun intended, the Indiana Jones line will be on a rotational basis for the waves. First four we got was RotLA with a concurrent KotCS, then LC and finally ToD. But that's only for the basics. The Deluxe are just a mish-mash from the tetralogy. Yes, the correct word is Tetralogy. "Quadrilogy" is just a marketing made up word.
Even though I haven't bought any of the following, I see no desire for myself to buy any basic or deluxe Indiana Jones with idiotic Whip-Swinging action. I mean I'd much rather own highly articulated figures. I take it robed figures in the line won't have articulated legs?:confused:

Goonie

Another one that I got around to opening and isn't that great is RPG Indy. I can't get him to stand.

BlackSleep

I saw a German soldier at Wal-Mart today that took the cake. His right eye was painted onto his cheek...literally his cheek (no exaggeration)...like it just slid down his face and stopped there. Looked like he took a swim in some nuclear waste. The other eye was in the correct spot. Wish I'd had a camera.

Marty Jones

BlackSleep said:
I saw a German soldier at Wal-Mart today that took the cake. His right eye was painted onto his cheek...literally his cheek (no exaggeration)...like it just slid down his face and stopped there. Looked like he took a swim in some nuclear waste. The other eye was in the correct spot. Wish I'd had a camera.

If I snagged a picture of every poorly-painted monster I've seen on the shelves, it would be enough to fill a ten page thread. 56K users would cringe.

BlackSleep

I'm just hoping that the LC and ToD waves are much improved. Right now I think LC Indy (w/ red beard) and Elsa look absolutely wretched, and Henry Sr.'s hat looks like crap on his head. Hope Hasbro takes notice of the stinging criticisms from waves 1-2 and makes some improvements before the next wave hits stores.