Your Indy Fiction Collection Discussion...

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
A very nice and large collection, especially of the literature section but you know there is another board game you're missing (and I happen to own): the 1982 Indiana Jones from the Raiders of the Lost Ark game.:p Let's face it, there's always something missing (unless you're tnswman, lol).

That's it.... Pics of that game are coming.

Also, I own the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles map (incomplete, but still no one else seems to have it) which came with the Video Trilogy Boxset and bonus YIJC "Oganga" video back in 2000. Again, will post photos as apparently this is an Australian exclusive. I think Young Indy fans might appreciate the gesture.:p I also got my hands on 3 out of 4 of the LC comic adaption. I did find a ToD issue but never got around to the comic store to buy it and someone else bought it.

Stoo

Violet Indy said:
Also, I own the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles map (incomplete, but still no one else seems to have it) which came with the Video Trilogy Boxset and bonus YIJC "Oganga" video back in 2000. Again, will post photos as apparently this is an Australian exclusive. I think Young Indy fans might appreciate the gesture.:p
WHAT?!? Post, baby, post! Anyway, yeah, awesome collection, DIrishB. You know I love it.;)

DIrishB

Violet Indy said:
A very nice and large collection, especially of the literature section but you know there is another board game you're missing (and I happen to own): the 1982 Indiana Jones from the Raiders of the Lost Ark game.:p

Thats impressive. God, that things over a quarter century old! Its an artifact itself!

But as mentioned, I'm not looking for EVERYTHING Indy, just the stuff which tells new Indy stories (spin off material: novels, comics, games), not adapts existing Indy stories (like novelizations of the films and Young Indy episodes).

So while I'm very interested in seeing some pics of that Raiders game, I know the story of Raiders already and own the DVD, so don't feel compelled to collect that board game, for instance.

I have such strange rules for my collecting. :eek:

Let's face it, there's always something missing (unless you're tnswman, lol).

So true.

That's it.... Pics of that game are coming.

Looking forward to it.

DocWhiskey said:
Where do you live? Do you unlock any doors or leave spare keys anywhere? And when are you not home?
:p

:lol:

Sorry, I have a 1,000 year old Grail Knight guarding my collection...unfortunately he can barely lift his sword.

Stoo said:
WHAT?!? Post, baby, post! Anyway, yeah, awesome collection, DIrishB. You know I love it.;)

Thanks Stoo. Those translations you're working on for the French comics will be added when you're done.

I'm going to post more pictures later on, probably some more detailed shots of the German board game, and maybe some shots of the TSR RPGs (with all the cut out figures!) and print outs of the more rare Indy comic tales or RPGs.

Plaristes

Okay, I lied about not posting pics of my collection. :p

Here's a picture of my "Lucas" collection. As you can see, it's mostly Star Wars stuff. The pathetic-in-comparison-to-DIrishB's-collection Indy stuff is at the end. It doesn't include comics or magazines, since those are in boxes in my closet.

DSCN1907.jpg

Here's a close-up of the Indy section (except for the DVDs).

DSCN1912.jpg

Edit: Hmm, I don't see how to reduce the size of the pics. Sorry about that.

Stoo

Nice, Plaristes. The camera lens makes it look like your shelves are buckling under the weight! Are they from IKEA?:D
I see you don't have the Young Indy DVDs, Volume 1. No love for Miss Seymour?;)

yodazone

Wow....look at that Star Wars wall. lol.....impressive!

I keep my books in long boxes. I should find a cool new way to display them like those pics up there. Those books look like they took years to get ahold of!

Luke Skywalker

thanks for showing the newly printed bantam novels! :)

I had been wanting to see them in order to or not to re-buy two of them that i have second hand. Now i see that rebuying them will result on them still not having the same spine so its not worth it...

Plaristes

Stoo said:
Nice, Plaristes. The camera lens makes it look like your shelves are buckling under the weight! Are they from IKEA?:D

Actually, I think they're from Walmart, the cheapest I could find. :p I want vol. 1, too, but since I like the episodes with Sean better, it's a lower priority, especially given the price.

yodazone said:
Those books look like they took years to get ahold of!

Not as long as you'd think. It was Episode III that got me excited about Star Wars, so almost everything in my collection I've gotten since summer 2005. :hat:

Luke Skywalker

Stoo said:
The camera lens makes it look like your shelves are buckling under the weight!
Its not a camera trick...mine are also like that.

Well i'll show you my novel collection:

Indy:
indy-2.jpg

Star Wars (everything published in paperback from Bantam and Del Rey. I'm missing about 5 newer DelRey books, im waiting to order several in a row so shipping cost less ;))
starwars.jpg

DIrishB

Plaristes said:
Okay, I lied about not posting pics of my collection. :p

Here's a picture of my "Lucas" collection. As you can see, it's mostly Star Wars stuff. The pathetic-in-comparison-to-DIrishB's-collection Indy stuff is at the end. It doesn't include comics or magazines, since those are in boxes in my closet.

HA!! The term "pathetic-in-comparison-to-DIrishB's-collection" should NEVER be used when taking into account your HUGE SW collection. Thats amazing, man.

All the more cool in that I'm assuming its in some type of chronological order? Very cool.

Here's a close-up of the Indy section (except for the DVDs).

Nice! You have several books I've been meaning to pick up (Lost Journal, Ultimate Guide, etc). Looks like I'll be stopping by Amazon this weekend.

Stoo said:

He's here all week, folks.

Try the veal!

BA-DUM-:whip:

And in general response to Luke Skywalker's SW collection, in the words of Keanu Reeves: Whoa.

Amazing collection, dude.

Concerning your Indy books: I've also been meaning to pick up the novelizations of the Indy films (all four), and nice to see their spines all have a uniformity to them. So in the end, looks like you returned the favor. Thanks!

Again, your collection is down right bad-ass, man.

Dyonus

My collection only consists of:
-the four movies
-the first three MacGreggor books
-The journal
-Lego Indiana Jones for the X-Box 360
-one of the Indy action figures (the one that comes with the Ark)--I finally caved
-Indiana Jones Mighty Muggs

Half of that stuff isn't here, though. I got some early birthday money and bought a bunch of stuff.

But my Batman collection is fairly impressive. I have about 16 Batman action figures (not all Batman...some are The Joker, Two-Face, Firefly, Batgirl, etc.) and 22 graphic novels as well as two posters, Lego Batman, both Nolan movies on DVD, and a calendar. But seeing as this isn't a Batman forum, I won't post those.

I'm hoping some day my Indiana Jones collection will be as large as my Batman one. By the way, I am pretty much a newbie with Indy. Saw the movies so Lego Indiana Jones would make more sense and ended up loving them. Granted, I saw them when I was like 8 or 9, but remembered nothing.

But I digress. I'm hoping to add more Indy books and a couple of posters.

Plaristes

DIrishB said:
All the more cool in that I'm assuming its in some type of chronological order? Very cool.

Actually, I'm one of those weirdos who organizes alphabetically by author. I've tried organizing chronologically, but it's too hard, since too many of the books overlap or have flashbacks, framing stories, etc., that take place at different times. After experiencing way too many headaches trying to find a consistent way to be as chronological as possible, I simply gave up and organized alphabetically. :(

Luke Skywalker

DIrishB said:
And in general response to Luke Skywalker's SW collection, in the words of Keanu Reeves: Whoa.

Amazing collection, dude.

Concerning your Indy books: I've also been meaning to pick up the novelizations of the Indy films (all four), and nice to see their spines all have a uniformity to them. So in the end, looks like you returned the favor. Thanks!

Again, your collection is down right bad-ass, man.

(y) Thanks (and you're welcome!) , and there are about 20 novels still bo be bought... (y) but i have decided to stop after that, i will fill the 4 shelves with the main characters novels and then fill a fifth with all the secondary character novels.

I find interesting the Post-ROTJ novels (i decided to end after Legacy of the force...but the new series seems to center in Luke and Ben Skywalker so....) but i dont want to reach the comic legacy era, where all the jedi have been wiped out again and the main characters are dead (of age...)

Plaristes said:
Actually, I'm one of those weirdos who organizes alphabetically by author. I've tried organizing chronologically, but it's too hard, since too many of the books overlap or have flashbacks, framing stories, etc., that take place at different times. After experiencing way too many headaches trying to find a consistent way to be as chronological as possible, I simply gave up and organized alphabetically. :(

Mine are chronologically using the list in the newer del rey books. :)

DIrishB

Plaristes said:

My mistake. Still, beautiful collection.

DIrishB

Some more pics of my collection:

Here's some pics of the Indiana Jones in the Lost Kingdom game for the Commodore 64:

Front Cover

IJinTLC-Cover.jpg

Back Cover

IJinTLC-BackCover.jpg

Game Disk

IJinTLC-Disk.jpg

Instruction Booklet - Page 1

IJinTLC-Page1.jpg

Instruction Booklet - Page 2

IJinTLC-Page2.jpg

Tomb of the Gods #1-3 (still waiting on #4 to come out):

IndyCollectionPics001-1.jpg

The Further Adventures of Indiana Jones #1-34 (complete collection, all in perfect shape):

IndyCollectionPics002-1.jpg

These are print-outs of "Indy in China - The Runaway Adventure" and "The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles - April 1916" (both from the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles Magazine...April, 1916 is stapled behind The Runaway Adventure). Next is a print-out of the UK comic release "Young Indiana Jones and the Mountains of Mystery" from their Daily Telegraph strips. And finally is another print-out, of the rare UK IJ Adventure Club comic "Indiana Jones and the Treasure of Monte Cassana".

IndyCollectionPics004-1.jpg

Here's a copy of Shadis #17 and Shadis #35 (both of which feature original Indy RPG adventures). Below them are print-outs of the Indy RPG adventures "Legend of the Long Knife" and "The Temple of Seth".

IndyCollectionPics005.jpg

Here's my complete collection of the TSR Indy RPG adventures. Below that are all the various cardboard figures for the game.

IndyCollectionPics006-1.jpg

IndyCollectionPics008-1.jpg

Finally is some more pics of the German board game Indiana Jones Der Weg nach Timbuktu. The First shows the cover, and all the game pieces, dice, and cards. The second picture shows the board itself.

IndyCollectionPics009.jpg

IndyCollectionPics010.jpg

I'll post some pics of the French Indy comics, the French Young Indy Novels, and the German novels in the next few days.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Here are (as promised) the pics of the most valued items in my collection:

The Board Game!!!

100_0243.jpg

100_0244.jpg

The gist of the game is to find all cards (Marion, Ra, Imam and Map Room) in the same colour. It's a game that requires good memory skills.

And yes, the much coveted Australian exclusive that as far as I know no one else seems to have (Ed of the Indy Cast could be the only exception).

The Map of the Complete Adventures of Indiana Jones (mostly YIJC) circa 2000:

100_0245.jpg

This was released with the Video Boxset of the trilogy as a bonus as well as the bonus YIJC video of Oganga, The Giver & Taker of Life. Each video in the Complete Adventures VHS collection had a sticker for a very limited time. You needed to collect the stickers in order to complete the map. I unfortunately have not been able to finish it (let alone keep this map from falling apart thanks to my then toddler brother and moving constantly around the country). But still... I've got it.

WrathofGod

WOW and i thought i was a closet Indiana Jones nut, i want all your stuff.
The best i can do is the DVD box set from a few years ago, a couple of old movie mags, Raiders CD, Temple CD, some old games and a few posters including the 10th anniversary Raiders. Oh and hopefully a hat from adventure built soon...oh and a whip.:whip:

I see a commodore 64 game there, that's hilarious i had one of those.:cool:

Inbanana

WrathofGod said:
I see a commodore 64 game there, that's hilarious i had one of those.:cool:
I used to have that game too when I was a kid... though I could never figure out what I was supposed to do. Finally I downloaded an emulator the other day and was able to beat it (it only took 25 years)...