Your thoughts on an "R" Indy 5

Robyn

Morning Bell said:
I don't think Indy should ever be more than PG-13. One thing I like about the franchise, and some fans may hate me for this, is the fact that it appeals to EVERYONE. Families can enjoy them and they're smart enough for adults and people with different tastes. I like the idea that Indy is known for being something that anyone can enjoy and by making an R-rated film they would severely cut down on the number of people who could see the film, especially teenagers and young children.

I personally think the series is great just the way it is. An R rating would put it too far over the top.

Oh I definitely agree, Indy should never be more than a pg13, it would take all the fun away, it would probably mean detailed blood and guts and probably Marion saying to the bad guys "take your lousy *****ing* hands off me!"

so wah mu

...It's just a ghost story Shorty.

ronicle said:
Oh I definitely agree, Indy should never be more than a pg13, it would take all the fun away, it would probably mean detailed blood and guts and probably Marion saying to the bad guys "take your lousy *****ing* hands off me!"

Awarding an Indy film an R cert is not going to happen as it will close the revenue generator from those young pups.

Oh the controversy!

Someone has to pay the rent. Still, i recall something about Doom that was a higher cert than that which i was qualified to gain entry for. Managed to see it 4 times in the 1st week of opening though. Without supervision and countless times since!

It never stopped them awarding a higher cert for Dark Knight.

Hasn't hurt them one little bit. You thinking what i'm thinking?

Junior Jones

First, what would an R-rated Indiana Jones movie have that the PG-13 version would not?
*Violence/gore
*Sex/nudity
*Adult language

Second, are those things necessary to make a better movie? In my opinion, no. In some cases, R-rated material is justified in a movie, but to throw in (or even take out) certain things just to change the rating usually results in a lower quality product.

Indie House

Junior Jones said:
First, what would an R-rated Indiana Jones movie have that the PG-13 version would not?
*Violence/gore
*Sex/nudity
*Adult language

Second, are those things necessary to make a better movie? In my opinion, no. In some cases, R-rated material is justified in a movie, but to throw in (or even take out) certain things just to change the rating usually results in a lower quality product.

*Drug use

:hat:

Robyn

Junior Jones said:
*Violence/gore
*Sex/nudity
*Adult language

I agree, pg13 is the perfect balance for an Indy movie