The Pet Thread

Raiders90

What pets do you have and have had in the past? Any funny stories or memories to share? Any dream pets that you always wanted but never or could never have? Sorry for the specificness of mine, I just have a really good head for dates.
I have:
3 dogs, a turtle and some fish.

I've had
Cockatiels: Louie (1980-1996), Peaches (1996), Cedric (1998), Nibbles (1999-2002)
Dogs: Jack (1993-1997), Spot (2001)
Cats: Vashtie (198x-1992), Tux (1996)
Snakes
Turtles: Melvin (1995-2008)
Rabbits: Buffy (1999/2000)

Ayrun

Moderator Emeritus
We currently have:
- 2 rats
- 1 turtle ( a red-eared slider); but she still lives at my parents house, ´cause we don´t have a garden to put it in. She´s almost 20 years old.

In the past we´ve had:
- a cat
- 2 goldfish
- 3 red-eared sliders --> of which 2 are still alive and kicking
- a budgie
- a guinea pig
- a cat
- don´t remember how may mice
- 3 russian dwarf hamsters
- 2 campelli dwarf hamsters
- 2 egyptian spiny mice
- a russian dwarf hamster
- 2 rats

I´ve always wanted to have a dog, but I think I might be to lazy to walk it 3 times a day...

DocWhiskey

Dog: Sable (1987-2006)

After her I really don't want another dog or any animal for that matter. A few days after she passed my friend goes, "So, you going to get a new one?"

"New". Like she was a god damn video game.

If you have a son or daughter with your husband/wife and that son/daughter dies for some reason at the age of 7 or 8 do you look at them at the funeral and say, "So, wanna try and make a new one?"

Never understand that with some people.

Agent Crab

I have...

Four cats named...
Shadow
Rambo
Etna
Cammy

Three nameless Beta fish and one Hamster.

Here is a picture of Cammy and Etna.

DSCN0483-1.jpg

|ZiR|

My sister accidentally cooked our stepdad's python when she tried to make brownies one night.

The smell. It haunts me to this day. :sick:

|ZiR|

This took me a while to add up. There were four of us kids, and we lived on a mother****ing FARM. So yeah. O.K. Animals ahoy.

7+ hamsters
2 mice
4 guinea pigs
5 rabbits
7 dogs
17+ cats (not all at once, I hasten to add, and the majority of them were outside farm cats)
2 llamas
3 emus
4 peacocks
2 golden pheasants
1 ring-neck pheasant
1 turkey
20+ chickens
5 snakes
2 lizards
30+ fish
2 baby doll sheep
11 sheep/rams
4 swans
6 black swans

...crap. I know I'm forgetting someone. Oh wait. That's right:

2 rats
1 skunk
4 ferrets
2 parrots
6 budgies

That's it. I think. I hope so. Yikes. Wait.

1 goat
2 turtles
2 horses

There. Sheesh.

The_Raiders

I'v had pets all through out my life, I'll start by listing past pets, and what became of them. And here, we... go!

Past Pets:

Scout a BIG black german shepard, my dad had this dog before I was born, so I had been with that dog until I was 11 I think, but out of old age Scout just got sick and past :(

Timber, he was such a cool cat that just stopped at our house when I was little, and never left, we came iwth us to Texas when we moved. We slept in my room every night, but some how got sick also, and passed, never seen a cat like him since :(

Lady Bug and Pheonix, these cats were sisters, I didn't have them too long, a span of about 3 years, me and my mom moved to Alaska and had to leave the cats with my sister, and when my sister moved out she gave the cats to some old woman.

Marvin, he was an AWESOME corn snake, I had him about a year, but then we we were re modeling out house my mom left the lid of his tank open when she was giving him water, and he got out, I never saw him again.

Current pets:

Calvin, he is the COOLEST/BEST cat I've ever had. I love this cat. The cool part is when I was little I prayed for a big cat, with a cool desighn, and for his name to even be Calvin, well when I was about 13 I think, and me and my mom moved to Alaska, my aunt jsut so happen to have a big cat, with a cool desighn, and her son named him, Calvin. And she gave him to me since they had too many cats. Unfortunently I had to come back here to Texas to finish school, so I can't be with Calvin, but he's still being taken care of by my mom and her husband. Here's afew pics of Calvin,

MARCH809_002.jpg

101008_005.jpg

bits.jpg

calvy.jpg

calvin2.jpg

Calvin.jpg

Calvin001.jpg

Calvin002.jpg

(Wow this is getting longer then I thought) And then, Calvin's companion, Bits. My grandma got Bit's for me, and Bits also is with my mom.

TOD001.jpg

bitser.jpg

ittybit.jpg

And down here in Texas, I have a kitten named, Belloq. He's really cool.

beedy.jpg

beedu.jpg

Sorry for such a long post. :p

Dr Bones

DocWhiskey said:
Dog: Sable (1987-2006)

After her I really don't want another dog or any animal for that matter. A few days after she passed my friend goes, "So, you going to get a new one?"

"New". Like she was a god damn video game.

If you have a son or daughter with your husband/wife and that son/daughter dies for some reason at the age of 7 or 8 do you look at them at the funeral and say, "So, wanna try and make a new one?"

Never understand that with some people.

My cat was killed just 3 days ago. :(

Been asked half a dozen times already "getting another?"...:mad:

A lot of people don't relate to the connection or bond you can have with a pet and I pity them.

Last edited:

Indyologist

LOL-- This is amazing because I was just going to start a thread asking people to post pictures of their current pets!

I had many pets growing up, too:

Goldfish, including several fancy types

3 parakeets

1 hamster

1 guinea pig

2 rats-- they were sisters

1 turtle

We had a shephard/collie mix named Shane when I was little. He was an AWESOME dog with beautiful coloring and a sweet nature. We had the best of both worlds in him: The protection and loyalty of a shepherd and the devotion and sweetness of a collie. He lived to be 16 years old.

My parents at the moment have a Welsh terrier named Prince Cambrian. He was 6 mos. when my mom, brother and I went and got him at a breeder's kennel near Albany, NY. I took Cambrian to obedience school classes and he did a great job! He can still sit/stay and down like a pro. He is now 12 years old. He's gotten a little crabby in his old age, but he's still a great dog. He still plays like a puppy and he wags his tail a lot! He's a cutie!

caimygrass.jpg

My own dog is a toy poodle named Minnie. She was 6 mos old when I got her from my former landlords, who couldn't keep her because a new dog they added to their family attacked her. She is now 6 years old (God, I can't believe it) and she's my precious baby! Sorry for the mush, but I just love her. She was also put through obedience school, but through PetSmart. She did great!

She was originally taken from a puppy mill that was busted by my local SPCA. By the way, PLEASE don't EVER get a dog from a pet store (unless the dogs are from certified shelters)! Chances are they are from a puppy mill!! Please educate yourself and others about the horrors of puppy mills by going to www.stoppuppymills.org I have to warn you ahead of time that the images there may be considered disturbing to some. You can also search "puppy mills" at youtube.com. 'Scuse my rant. Here are some pictures of Minnie:

Which is prettier: The flowers or Minnie?!
DSCN1456.jpg

Because Minnie came from a puppy mill, she wasn't socialized very well and will cower even when I approach her. Poor baby!
DSCN1425.jpg

Professional photo I had done
MINNIEHS.jpg

Minnie likes to lay on my lounge chair between my feet when I'm tanning!
page3gabrielhospitalreport007.bmp

The Drifter

Here is my lil mutt. His name is Axle and he is a mix between Chinese pug and miniature pincher. They are called muggin and breeders are trying to get them recognized as a hybrid breed. He is a very loyal and lovable dog.
l_b9a76730a2e4464f98ff4ca6d11ec143.jpg

l_2d93c60919ce49d1bd8ea103cb058330.jpg

TheDarkCrusader

I currently have a dog who is a female yellow lab dog named Sadie, she's wonderful. My favorite dog breeds are Labrador Retrievers, Golden Retrievers, Rottweilers, Dobermans and German Shepherds.

I use to have 2 Dogs German Shepherd Male Puppy:Sparky, Lab Female Puppy: Friskie. And i am hoping for another Dog it would be such a Blessing when i have another Dog.(y)

IndyWolf15 said:
I use to have 2 Dogs German Shepherd Male Puppy:Sparky, Lab Female Puppy: Friskie. And i am hoping for another Dog it would be such a Blessing when i have another Dog.(y)

BTW my pets died as pupps.