Here it is ! Closeup of Sideshow's Indy sculpt !!

deckard24

Hey Trevor, great job on the Ford sculpt and all your work at Sideshow! Your paintings and drawings as well are top notch, and I'm looking forward to see what you work on next. It's very obvious that all those years you spent drawing Ford came in extremely handy on this sculpt.

Keep up the good work man!

tnswman

ChromiumBlue37 said:
Now I can definately swing $600 for a Toys McCoy Indy figure that is MIB. I would really love to own one, but EBay seems to be the only outlet available to find it now. That's where I got the $950 price tag.

Thanks for giving me some hope!! :D

If you look on a regular basis, there are a few sellrs from Japan that sell them that cheap. I got one for $650 and it was PERFECT.. It was shipped express for free and it arrived in 4 days.

tnswman

Trevor G said:
all of the Indy collectibles will spark controversy among fans, no matter how much Sideshow prepares for it.

I'm very thankful I'll get to own a 12" Indy figure without having to pay so much for the rare McCoy figure. I have every confidence in Sideshow that they'll produce one kick a** figure! These guys are genuinely passionate about their work, and everyone is really treading light with handling this license. I know I did with my part of it.

Aaron- I'm LUCKY to be where I'm at! just fell into the right places! Sideshow is a great bunch of folks!

Trev

Again, I wish it would be aparant that I am not knocking sideshow ONE BIT! I am just trying to stop the flow of people who might start crying when the materials used are NOT the same as the more expensive formats.

That being said, TM deserves EVERY bit of the praise they have gotten for their figure.

groves

tnswman said:
Again, I wish it would be aparant that I am not knocking sideshow ONE BIT! I am just trying to stop the flow of people who might start crying when the materials used are NOT the same as the more expensive formats.

That being said, TM deserves EVERY bit of the praise they have gotten for their figure.

I'm sorry but I am so sick of you argument! As is everyone else, I think. I really don't care about the materials used! Did TM use the leather from Alden boots? Did they contact Wested in England and have them ship the leather used for the orginal jacket? Did they kidnap Harrison Ford for a weekend, to make a mold of his face? Is the bag made from the original British gas mask bag, etc, etc, etc? Nooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So really who cares what it is made out of! I care about how it looks! Period! Are you really that naive to think that TM cannot be outdone? It happens alllllllll the time. The only person that is crying about it, seems to be you.

Katarn07

groves said:
I'm sorry but I am so sick of you argument! As is everyone else, I think. I really don't care about the materials used! Did TM use the leather from Alden boots? Did they contact Wested in England and have them ship the leather used for the orginal jacket? Did they kidnap Harrison Ford for a weekend, to make a mold of his face? Is the bag made from the original British gas mask bag, etc, etc, etc? Nooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So really who cares what it is made out of! I care about how it looks! Period! Are you really that naive to think that TM cannot be outdone? It happens alllllllll the time. The only person that is crying about it, seems to be you.

That made me lol.

phantom train

I am really looking forward to the 12" Sideshow figure, since I don't have a 12" IJ and have wanted one since seeing the 12" IJ Kenner figure back in the '80's.

Though the late '90's TM figure (imported from Japan, I believe) was cool, it was wwwaaayyy too expensive for most people. I remember that it was roughly $300 when it first came out, and, as others on this board have noted, the price has shot up exponentially since then. Even $300 is too expensive to pay for any figure, but that's just my opinion.

Katarn07

There was also a generic figure from Japan that was much cheaper called 'The Relic Hunter.' I picked mine up for only $90. At the time, that was amazing. But now? Sideshow's is gonna be much better and cheaper, so it'd be a waste unless you want a huge Indy collection. I've enjoyed him the past several years I've owned him though. :)

mfisher

The Relic Hunter was a decent deal... the jacket, shirt, and pants are really nice.. and almost on par with the Toys McCoy Indy.. but good god the headsculpt and fedora were trainwrecks... I always picked those sets up for custom Indy projects though... you cant beat the clothing for the price.. ( at until Sideshow's comes out)

deckard24

Anyone hear anything new about this figure? It seems to be taking a really long time for any updates on Sideshow's Indy line. There's not even a section for the line under their listed products yet! I'm dying for a peek at the prototype, or anything for that matter!

Deckard

Haha, same here. Every morning when I wake up, i roll out of bed onto my computer and goto Sideshow.com to see when the 1/4 pre-order will be up. I cannot wait. I rly hope we see something soon, bcuz there going to show us a prototype, then a week or two later start taking pre-orders and then after that they ususally take 6 months to a year for the product to actually come out. That means Sideshow's 1/4 stuff probably wont actually arrive until the time KOTCS is practicaly on DVD.

barranca

I'm still not convinced by the Sideshow prototype, to my knowledge no-one yet has pulled off a good 'Indy' sculpt in 1/6 scale.
The best I've seen yet is Arnie Kim's and even that isnt that great. The best sculpts of Harrison I've seen are the 1/6 Gentle Giant mini busts.
I've used two of those for custom Indy figures and they worked well.
I have almost every Harrison Ford headsculpt in 1/6 done and I'm still not entirely happy !!
I'd be happier seeing the prototype they've done in a Fedora, then we might get a feel for how the figure might turn out.
Harrison jut dosen't look like Indy till he's in the Hat !!

ChromiumBlue37

The lingo really eludes me when we are talking scale, especially the Sideshow 1/6, 1/4 - it all confuses me.

What are the 12 inch figures in scale?
How about 3 and 3/4 inch figures?

Thanks!

mfisher

12 inch figures are 1/6th scale... the 1/4th scale stuff comes out at about 18 inches... and the 3 3/4" figures are just that.. 3 3/4th" tall

Billy Ray

ChromiumBlue37 said:
The lingo really eludes me when we are talking scale, especially the Sideshow 1/6, 1/4 - it all confuses me.

What are the 12 inch figures in scale?
How about 3 and 3/4 inch figures?

Thanks!

12" figures are 1/6 scale. 1/4 scale are what...18"? (EDIT - Ah, mfisher beat me to it)

I am superexcited about Sideshow's 1/6 scale figure. I think the headsculpt is great!

I have a custom 1/6 scale Indy I made using the Lonnie Hale headsculpt, which I think is pretty darn good. When I get home in January, I will have to post some pics. I used the accesories from the Relic Hunter, head and hat from Lonnie and he also threw in the fertility idol. BTW, he has a new Indy head with new accessories to boot!

IndyAd4.jpg

deckard24

Barranca, you really don't think the Sideshow sculpt is a good likeness of Ford? To me it's the best likeness of Ford I've seen in a figure ever! I agree with the fedora on he'll look even better and give us a better grasp for the finished look. Of course they could screw up the paint job, and blow the whole thing, but I don't see it happening.

My only issue I guess would be the nose. It could be a tad bit bigger, and the crookedness of it is not evident in the head sculpt. Ford's larger crooked nose, lopsided smile, scar, and prominent brow ridge are his signature facial features.

Regardless, I'll be one of the first to pre-order this figure! I'll think I'll get two in fact, one to take out of the package and one for safe keeping!

Last edited: