Hasbro Indy Rumor List

ChromiumBlue37

It may seem disappointing now, but Hasbro can only do so much in 6 months. Lists like these seem to pop up twice a year. When we hit the summer of 2008 we will get news for more toys from the San Diego Comic Convention.

Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is going to demand most of the product spotlight at first. We are fortunate to be getting both the Raiders and the Last Crusade action figure waves so soon. Did anybody else notice the tentative dates? Could be wrong, but the lists has product coming out in the months of February and March. Makes a lot of sense, but I am not getting my hopes up.

JimmyPSHayes

ChromiumBlue37 said:
It may seem disappointing now, but Hasbro can only do so much in 6 months. Lists like these seem to pop up twice a year. When we hit the summer of 2008 we will get news for more toys from the San Diego Comic Convention.

Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is going to demand most of the product spotlight at first. We are fortunate to be getting both the Raiders and the Last Crusade action figure waves so soon. Did anybody else notice the tentative dates? Could be wrong, but the lists has product coming out in the months of February and March. Makes a lot of sense, but I am not getting my hopes up.
I've order some of the toys for work and they have street dates of April. I can't remember the exact date, but I'm really hoping that it's a typo. Diamond is wrong all the time, I'd LOVE for these to be out before then.

Billy Ray

Good to see some TLC figures on this list. Kind of weird that they list the Indy w/jacket in the first wave as "Temple of Doom". A lot of these lists pop up for Star Wars figures with litte inaccuarcies like this.

Crayfish

I know I am going to sound stubborn especially since I got snapped at in the last thread I posted on the Hasbro stuff but I have to admit...even if George Lucas, the president of Hasbro, and God himself told me that the figures won't be released until May..I would have to say they were all lieing. THIS IS HASBRO! Star Wars episodes 1-3 were released before the month of May, Spider-man movie figures, Transformer movie figures....about everything you can think of as a movie that has toys produced by Hasbro has their figures BEFORE the movie.

So tell me May all you want...I guarantee it will be before.

Hasbro will be shooting themselves int he head if they wait that long.

JimmyPSHayes

Crayfish said:
I know I am going to sound stubborn especially since I got snapped at in the last thread I posted on the Hasbro stuff but I have to admit...even if George Lucas, the president of Hasbro, and God himself told me that the figures won't be released until May..I would have to say they were all lieing. THIS IS HASBRO! Star Wars episodes 1-3 were released before the month of May, Spider-man movie figures, Transformer movie figures....about everything you can think of as a movie that has toys produced by Hasbro has their figures BEFORE the movie.

So tell me May all you want...I guarantee it will be before.

Hasbro will be shooting themselves int he head if they wait that long.
All right Crayfish, I don't want to be snapped at either, but part of me agrees with you. I remember finding Spider-Man movie preview toys on Christmas Eve the year before those movies came out. Granted, that was Toy Biz.
-This is a pretty major toy license for Hasbro and THE movie of the year for Paramount. I don't think they're going to hype Star Trek near as much as this.
-Anyway, just my 2 cents. I didn't want you to think you were alone on this.
-Besides, companies change release dates all the time. I found an Indy Lego back in late November and those weren't supposed to be out until the end of this month!

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
ChromiumBlue37 said:
Dovchenko
Narzca Warrior
Cemetery Warrior
So now we have names to go with the legos.
Odds are the tan one is Dovchenko... and John Hurt.
But why must they spell Nazca 'Narzca,' and Akakor 'Akator?'

tnswman

Moedred said:
So now we have names to go with the legos.
Odds are the tan one is Dovchenko... and John Hurt.
But why must they spell Nazca 'Narzca,' and Akakor 'Akator?'

How do you know they are not spelled that way? Just because an actual tribe exists, it does not mean that Lucas and Co. can't spell it their way.

Katarn07

Crayfish said:
THIS IS HASBRO! Star Wars episodes 1-3 were released before the month of May

Sorry to burst your bubble, but no, they weren't. Not sure when the AotC line came out because I just stumbled across them randomly one day not knowing they'd be on the shelf, but the other two lines were released in early May. I was lined up outside of Targets, Wal-Marts, and TRU to get those things. Sneak Preview figs came earlier, but those don't really count.

JimmyPSHayes

I do remember getting some of the Star Wars figures early at places like pharmacies and grocery stores-places were the employees don't care about street date labels. Granted it was only "early" by a few days, but it was still great finding them.

phantom train

It's about time a widely released, mass-produced line of IJ figures came out - these figures are some of the many IJ products I'm looking forward to in 2008.

I've been wanting a decent line of IJ figures for years, and there really hasn't been one since the old Kenner figures from 1981-1983 (I'm not counting the atrocious LJN "Temple of Doom" figures from 1984, or the Disneyworld/Disneyland figures - the Disney figures may have looked alright, but they weren't easy to find/purchase, and these new Hasbro figures look better anyway).

Here's hoping that "Temple of Doom" gets the figures it deserves this year -TOD is definitely the most underrated and ignored of the three existing Indy films, so hopefully we will finally see some cool figures from this movie.

I remember Hasbro releasing preview figures every time a new SW movie came out. The waives would then ship a few months later closer to the release of the movie. I bet given past history that Hasbro will do the same again. They have to get the public in a frenzy before the Crystal Skull is released. Classic trilogy figures would be a great way.

Crayfish

Katarn07 said:
Sorry to burst your bubble, but no, they weren't. Not sure when the AotC line came out because I just stumbled across them randomly one day not knowing they'd be on the shelf, but the other two lines were released in early May. I was lined up outside of Targets, Wal-Marts, and TRU to get those things. Sneak Preview figs came earlier, but those don't really count.

Sorry to burst your bubble..but Revenge of the Sith figures came out on April 2, 2005 and I STILL have my receipts from that evening of midnight madness mayhem as well as the date stamped on the empty case the figures came in that night and the date stamped on the back of the card they were handing out at Target's line to get your lava Darth Vader.

As for episode one....I know it was one month before the movie came out. I can't really tell you about episode 2 so you may be right on that one event hough they did release the 4 preview figures in Wal-Marts so to me that is as good as anything.

That brings up another good question....does anybody think that indy toys would be warrant another big enough event to do like many places did with Revenge of the Sith toys and Toys R Us store have midnight madness events?

I know we aren't getting exclusives but it sure was fun to meet other collectors of the same sort of thing. Would be great to see who all out there is an Indiana Jones fan.

NamedAfterDaDog

A... a... V.. V... Vog- a VOGEL ACTION FIGURE??????!!!!! (y) (y) (y) :D
Absolutely, positively, astoundingly clear THUMBS UP to HASBRO!! (y)

This is the best ending to any day ever :)

ChromiumBlue37

Just imagine the day you're going to have when you return home with the Vogel action figure in hand!

Looking forward to him, Elsa, Henry Jones, Sr., and the Grail Knight.

Hopefully the upcoming Toyfair will bring news if not an image of Short Roundand Lao Che action figures! *Fingers crossed*!

Arab Swordsman

ChromiumBlue37 said:
Just imagine the day you're going to have when you return home with the Vogel action figure in hand!

Looking forward to him, Elsa, Henry Jones, Sr., and the Grail Knight.

Hopefully the upcoming Toyfair will bring news if not an image of Short Roundand Lao Che action figures! *Fingers crossed*!

Vogel and the tank vehicle would just be the best! They could really go nuts with the vehicles in these sets between the Wing, the trucks, German sub, the tank in LC, and either Jock's, Lao Che's, or the Zepplin plane.

ChromiumBlue37

Well, Hasbro did state that they were going to devote a lot time and effort into this line.

It goes without saying that we are going to have the Convoy Truck, Jungle Cutter, Flying Wing, Sesert Tankl and a few motorcycles and horses, (according to the product list).

I can also see Jock's plane, perhaps Lao Che's if we are lucky. Something I am hoping for are elephants from TOD.

Deckard

Im running out of room, so Im going to be pretty selective with this line. Ill pick up all the cool main characters, but already the Monkey Man and Cairo Indy look like passes. As for vehicles, I'll only pick up the black horse from LC, a Flying Wing, or the German Fighter Plane from LC. The one from the tunnel w/ snap off wings would be cool. I always loved the look on the pilot's face as he passes Indy and Henry in the tunnel.

phantom train

Re: the speculation on when these Hasbro IJ figures will be released, I will be very surprised if we see these in stores before early May - however, I've been surprised before....