Hasbro Toy Spoilers

metalinvader

I believe the Narzca warrior is the natives seen in the Lego Temple set.As for the Cemetery warrior,Maybe it's some natives who guard a cemetery?!?!

No Ticket

I think we should all prepare ourselves for the worst. Indy may be fighting dead stuff in the new movie.

indy124

guys its Indiana jones get over it. I f you r a true Indiana jones it will be awsome
not becuase of the story,but because it Indiana jones . Wow we are so lucky to have another one. who with me :gun: :whip: :hat:

metalinvader

No Ticket said:
I think we should all prepare ourselves for the worst. Indy may be fighting dead stuff in the new movie.

That's far from the worst even if it turns out to be true.

indy124

guys its Indiana jones get over it. If you r a true Indiana jones it will be awsome
not becuase of the story,but because it is Indiana jones . Wow we are so lucky to have another movie,so who is with me :gun: :whip: :hat:

effin

the knight's tomb was being protected in crusade, I'm thinking it's the same type of situation.:gun: :whip: :hat:

indy124 said:
guys its Indiana jones get over it. If you r a true Indiana jones it will be awsome
not becuase of the story,but because it is Indiana jones . Wow we are so lucky to have another movie,so who is with me :gun: :whip: :hat:

I hate bold proclamations of "true fan." It's the fanboy mentality that's killing individuality.

Well allow me to make a proclamation of my own; a true individual wouldn't allow himself to be so easily swayed and would instead remain subjective until all evidence is out. Otherwise he's just another mass-market buy-in.

metalinvader

effin said:
the knight's tomb was being protected in crusade, I'm thinking it's the same type of situation.:gun: :whip: :hat:

That's what I was thinking.Maybe this 'cemetery warrior" is just a native(s) who guards..well...A cemetery.

Zorg

It's happened a lot of times before, and it'll keep happening until the movie is out and we will see how all these little pieces of information are just a part of a whole ? a whole film in its entirety. It's pointless trying to judge based on a little detail. What do we know about these characters ? their names, nothing more. There's a VAST array of possibilities on what they'll do in the film and how they'll be portrayed.

Of course there'll be some native types in this movie. Why should be any worse than, say, in ROTLA or TOD? Just why?

Matt Holcomb

peterlally said:
Narzca Warriors are Ancient Inca Warriors. Either they are still alive meaning the McGuffin is the fountain of youth or they are undead etc. I hate to say this but there is a link between the Narzca (or Nazca if we are having it straight) and extra terrestials.

http://www.artic.edu/artaccess/AA_Amerindian/pages/Amerind_10.shtml

Alien Involvement??
Pretty sure "Narzca" is a misprint.

Back in 2000, I wrote an article entitled "Indiana Jones and the Impossible Sequel", which included my semi-serious attempt at a back-of-the-DVD blurb for a fourth "Indiana Jones" film to prove how difficult it was to come up with a premise strong enough to justify a fourth film.

It's a little scary that the idea I cooked up eight years ago may not be too dissimilar to the idea behind "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull".

Here's my blurb:

Indiana Jones and the Secret of Nazca

The spirit of adventure soars in this eagerly awaited fourth installment in the Indiana Jones saga!

Harrison Ford, Steven Spielberg and George Lucas reunite after fifteen years to prove that old dogs can teach themselves new tricks!

After finding an ancient Peruvian artifact in the sands of war-torn Tunisia, Indiana Jones receives a plea for help from an anthropologist friend researching the mysterious Nazca Lines.

Upon reaching Mexico, Jones learns that his friend has disappeared -- and suspects the involvement of a band of renegade Nazis who are, coincidentally, on a dubious journey to the Nazca Lines themselves.

Armed with his artifact that's transmuting into gold the closer it gets to South America, Jones sets off in search of his friend and some answers, but not before giving Humphrey Bogart a few tips on how best to approach his role in his latest movie, "The Treasure of the Sierra Madre".

As usual, Jones gets far more than he bargained for as secrets intersect, culminating in an explosive and awe-inspiring conclusion to what is a "Surprisingly fitting footnote to the Indiana Jones legend, combining the wryness and leanness of the first film with the assured confluence of Jones' last high-octane outing" (Roger Ebert, Chicago Sun-Times).

Niteshade007

effin said:

Am I the only one who hated that? Apparently a lot of people just accept that a man would live that long in a cave, I found it to be silly.

As far as the action figures go, though, I honestly don't think that Indy will be fighting dead things. At least I don't see enough evidence for that as of now. The cemetery warrior could be guarding a cemetery that has a certain object that Indy is looking for (hint, hint, crystal skull). I'm not saying that's what he's doing for sure, but it's definitely possible, I'd say.

And as far as the conquistador goes in the LEGO set, he may just be like the skeleton in the other Indy sets, just there for decoration, as part of the tomb itself. I don't think that he'll "come back to life" and fight Indy. At least I hope not, anyway.

Benjamin Crawfo

I had an idea about Mutt Williams' name. The fact that Indy is named after George Lucas' dog, Willie was named after Speilberg's, could Mutt be named after John Williams' dog? Well I think its a good theory.

tocksic

Benjamin Crawfo said:
I had an idea about Mutt Williams' name. The fact that Indy is named after George Lucas' dog, Willie was named after Speilberg's, could Mutt be named after John Williams' dog? Well I think its a good theory.

The posibility that Mutt is named after John Williams dog is not smaller or bigger than the posibility that he is named after the dog of the cleaning lady. I love such futile speculation! (y)

Dr.Sartorius

Actually Shia's character was named after a stray dog with rabies who was wandering aimlessly around the Amblin offices.

JerryKing

When I saw the "Narzca", my first thought was "a whole bunch of someones at Hasbro have pigeons' brains"... but, come to think of that, perhaps it is intentional - perhaps they don't want the audience to think Indy is fighting Nazi warriors. :D

commontone

They ran out of dogs to use for names, so they turned to people in their lives. Shia's character's name is actually an anagram, based on Lucas' favorite employee, Utmt*.

*Utmt is the one who checks his beard for ticks.

sandiegojones

Niteshade007 said:
Am I the only one who hated that? Apparently a lot of people just accept that a man would live that long in a cave, I found it to be silly.

The knight lived because he drank from the grail and is immortal. Indy is not immortal after drinking from it because he went beyond the great seal. Sheesh!