RE: disappointment all time high

JasperMoon

Just wondering what George Lucas is disagreeing with in the script. But that's what they do in Hollywood. Hire a string of writers to spruce up the previous draft until, finally, something they like comes out. I hope this is not a ploy to keep us on a cliffhanging moment. But I am sure it's nothing new in the movie biz. Maybe he just wants to wait to find out who won the Oscars before he proceeds. Maybe they should team up with Peter Jackson? That man had hutzbuh enough to come up with Lord of the Rings. That no doubt in my mind, will sweep the Oscars. So, you think that's what George has really in mind? Getting Peter Jackson on board?

Kate

George Lucas is a spoiled (something that rhymes with dastard). His last two money-making ventures went awry in the eyes of both the critics AND the fans, so if he has a large hand in Indy 4 then I, and lots of you folsk too, most likely, will be in for a disappointment. Fellow Raveners, let's boycott George.

LASTCRUSADER

All this Lucas bashing is getting old fast. Without Lucas there would be NO Jones!! Not to mention NO SW at all!! The script for Indy IV needs to be polished..Wait and see what the end result of Indy IV will be before you bash Lucas's work on Indy IV....Sheesh we don't even know what the plot is yet and people are already assuming its going to suck...

Strider

You have a good point LASTCRUSADER but amagin if Lucas did the movie by himself and Speilberg was never involved.

intergamer

They should dump Lucas and let me run the show. Its either me or an infinite number of monkeys and an infinite number of movie cameras.

LASTCRUSADER

Strider said:
You have a good point LASTCRUSADER but amagin if Lucas did the movie by himself and Speilberg was never involved.

No offense Strider but whats to image?? Lucas DID do the Indy movies with Speilburg and it was both of their minds that brought the idea of Jones to life not just one of them.

Strider

I think I could run the show two, I've had some good ideas which I think would be cool to see on film. On a differant note, everytime I press to type a new responce they make me log in agian. Whats the deal, I thought I was already logged in!

Strider

Thats very true LASTCRUSADER. what I guess I meant was: Imagin if Lucas creted as well as DIRECTED the Indy movies. Personly I don't think he's a very good director.

JasperMoon

Could we please stop the bashing? If George felt something wasn't right--it probably wasn't right. It takes a lot of time and energy to write a good script. And even with a shooting script daily changes are often made to make it even better. I want to see a great movie made worthy of getting at least an Oscar nomination. So, let's give George a chance, okay? Spielberg hasn't parted company yet, so, it's probably not that big of a deal. And nobody said there were fights in the offices over it. That's a good sign, too. So, if you guys have the contacts you say you do, let's find out what the problem is and get it reported so we can all sleep tonight. Thanks.