Indy 4 Deleted Scenes

No Ticket

CrystalSkull13 said:
Why do people hate Tod?

It's beyond me. "Too Dark?" Whatever. "Self parody? .. Superman?" WHATEVER. He was awesome in TOD. He certainly wasn't invincible... he was just lucky. The "Oh ****" on the rope bridge is a big tip-off that he knew his luck was running out. ... or was it? haha.

But still TOD is great. I love it. Non-stop one thing after another crazyness. Indy really did go to HELL and BACK!!

The more I think about how good that film is, the more I realize how not good KOTCS is. I don't think they're capable of making something as good as TOD anymore. Any of them. And this is coming from ME. And I love all of those guys. Ford, Spielberg and Lucas. But their opinions have changed to where their decision making/vision isn't what it was. It's something else now. It's more family oriented with silly/stupid jokes.

I wanna see a joke like four Nazis get run through with the same bullet killing all of them and Indy just looking at the gun like "whoa."

MaxPhactor23

Did I actually read someone write that Crystal Skull had more suspense then Temple of Doom? That?s absurd. Like or hate the picture?it arguably has the most suspenseful scene in all four of the films! Two words: Rope Bridge! That person needs to take a hard look at the definition of suspense.

Indyswede

I would say that Temple of Doom is the better of them.

I'd rather see Indiana Jones in a one man show (he's older now so i'd prefer not to) than four people running after him through empty situations of no importance.

Temple of Doom is more raw, more brutal, more horrifying, a film that created heavy scenes of intense action. Even when the pace was high you were never thinking this is boring, like you did with KOTCS. Because in KOTCS you know after a while or even before the movie starts that nothing really horrifying will happen.

Here all we get is action without relaxation, without time to sease the moment. I felt the movie could have done without the nuclear explosion, the opening sequence is strong as it is but it should have been a side story just as in the other movies. The movie is really OK until Marion shows up and the endless action start, through the jungle, the ant show, waterfalls, the indians (of no importance at all), the opening of the temple, the escape from the temple and finally the flying saucer (which was terrible work graphicly speaking).

Mothy

MaxPhactor23 said:
Did I actually read someone write that Crystal Skull had more suspense then Temple of Doom? That’s absurd. Like or hate the picture…it arguably has the most suspenseful scene in all four of the films! Two words: Rope Bridge! That person needs to take a hard look at the definition of suspense.

I am gob smacked by even a minority of people liking KOTCS. They seem not be dissatisfied at all, and even rank it better than TOD. That it absolute insanity. Logic and reason tell me that KOTCS is not in the race, but there you go.

Last edited:

nitzsche

Deleted fight sequence?

When Indy tells Marion to pull up along side the "duck" he slams open the door to knock the gun out of the driver's hands, then jumps into the vehicle to wrestle with both soldiers, but then suddenly it cuts to Dovchenko waking up in the back of the truck as Indy is now driving the duck, no soldiers inside, calling for Mutt and Marion to jump in.

So we have no idea how Indy beat these two soldiers and removed them from the vehicle.

I guess they thought there was too many people being thrown out of moving cars and snipped this bit.

lao che & sons

KOTCS deleted scenes?

I was reading my kotcs comic and saw a scene in the motorcycle chase when they go through a football field I know this wasn't in the movie but it was in the novel... so I bet this was a deleted scene...

I also remmember seeing in the special features disc on the DVD there was a part that shows indy getting out of a taxi to get on the train, then we see the agents in their car, and then mutt drives by and the cmaera follows him.

does anyone know of any other deleted scenes, they really should've included some in the special features. :p

JP Jones

There was a part in the novel when Mutt stabbed a cemetery warrior and then the warrior took the knife out of his arm and turned it on Mutt, then Indy whipped it out of his hand. You see Harrison Ford practicing this scene on IndianaJones.com so it was probably scheduled to be in the movie. It's too bad it wasn't because that could've been one of my favorite parts.:(

emtiem

JP Jones said:
There was a part in the novel when Mutt stabbed a cemetery warrior and then the warrior took the knife out of his arm and turned it on Mutt, then Indy whipped it out of his hand. You see Harrison Ford practicing this scene on IndianaJones.com so it was probably scheduled to be in the movie.

Yes; there's a publicity shot of him doing it on set too.

Wasn't there also a scene where Mutt fell through the cemetery ground and dangled high above the ground? I don't know if they shot that.

Cole

I think most of these were all ideas for earlier scripts, or were in the final script but never filmed.

The scene where Indy's on the motorcycle or whatever and drives through the football field was one of the earliest ideas I heard for the script..........he even catches a football in the draft I heard about.

Wilhelm

Using that shooting script I like to discover editorial tricks like in Orellana's tomb. The original scene ended with Indy asking Mutt "What is this?" but in postproduction they altered the order of the dialogue and put the knife attracted to the skull before the long speech about Orellana/Ox. In the finished film the scene ends with Indy asking "Why?" so it ties with the next scene when they discover the answer with the russian soldiers.

I love to discover that kind of tricks like in the ending of LC when they decided to eliminate the dialogue with the Grail knight in the ending and just show Elsa catching the cup (Although the Grail knight is visible in some shots). It's more powerfull to see the knight only at the end with Henry.

Hanselation

Jungle cutter action scene

Before I've seen the movie,I saw pictures of the jungle cutter. So I was missing this expected scene, which is shown surprisingly at the Hasbro jungle cutter box:

!BcHm%29Rg!2k~$%28KGrHqMH-C0Equyk1qOWBKzHw1m0Dg~~_12.JPG

Dayne

OH MY GOD THAT LOOK AMAZING!!! (not the toy, but the scene itself)

WHY WASN'T THERE A JUNGLE CUTTER ACTION SEQUENCE IN THE MOVIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :sleep:

nitzsche

I don't think it was an edited scene. I think the Hazbro boxes just depict possible play action involving the toy.

Dayne

Crack that whip said:
There was; it's just that the action (almost) begins with the jungle cutter's destruction. :p

You're cruel.

I don't care if it was edited or not! It doesn't stop me from wanting to see that badass action sequence from the toy box!

mister64

I thought Indy and Dovchenko's fistfight was originally going to be on the Jungle Cutter with Indy winning when Dovchenko was cut to shreds by the giant blades at the front of the vehicle. Does anyone else remember this rumor?