General Indy 5 Thread - rumors and possibilities

Honestly...will there be another Indy film in the next decade?

• Total voters

Udvarnoky

The quote that "there is an element of the story that could see Sean returning" is interesting, in that it could imply he's being brought back in some way other than simply making the movie a prequel.

nitzsche

I have always thought Indy dealing with the Bermuda Triangle unlocking a portal to a hidden kingdom or Atlantis would be sweet. It would work with what KotCS established, it would give them a way to have Henry come back (as if he didn't die naturally, but was lost @ sea on a missing plane), you could keep it inspired by 1950s sci-fi movies...

I don't sincerely believe to this supposed rumor, but... LET'S HOPE FOR A PREQUEL!!

Udvarnoky said:
The quote that "there is an element of the story that could see Sean returning" is interesting, in that it could imply he's being brought back in some way other than simply making the movie a prequel.

Uhm... interesting interpretation. But I would be more inclined to think that they are specifically hinting to the prequel theory, instead. That's because the timeframe on which the story takes place is itself an element that could make possible an Henry Senior comeback. So it COULD, but not necessarily.

UltimateManGod

lao che & sons said:
Henry sr. died in '51. it would be much more powerful if Henry sr. died in indy 5.

Yeah, that's something that could be EASILY ret-conned, considering the date was never mentioined in the movie. I think '54 or '55 would be good years to set the film in. I'm not sure I'd want to see Henry die in a movie though. Just make him die soon after. I'm operating under the assumption that Henry would be part of the adventure. I doubt Connery would come back just to die at the start of a movie. Though it'd be interesting to see his death trigger an adventure somehow. Dying at the end of the movie would probably make it hard to end on a high note. I wouldn't want the end of Indy to be Henry's death.

It may very well be that he's part of the prologue and doesn't die in the film at all...just that Indy V's adventure pulls a Last Crusade style beginning.

Maybe a lesson he learns from Sr that he ends up teaching The IIIrd.

lao che & sons

UltimateManGod said:
Yeah, that's something that could be EASILY ret-conned, considering the date was never mentioined in the movie. I think '54 or '55 would be good years to set the film in. I'm not sure I'd want to see Henry die in a movie though. Just make him die soon after. I'm operating under the assumption that Henry would be part of the adventure. I doubt Connery would come back just to die at the start of a movie. Though it'd be interesting to see his death trigger an adventure somehow. Dying at the end of the movie would probably make it hard to end on a high note. I wouldn't want the end of Indy to be Henry's death.

I meant generally. Like he dies at the end or so. It would give an emotional effect that crystal skull lost. But I wan't Indy to come back just like in Raide 1 sidekick, no family business (son or father), just kicking some ass. And why does eveything have to be a military operation (besides TOD) give it a religious artifact but make it like gangsters or something. This movie needs to be GOOD. And put it back to the old style with a huge #of action sequences ie: temple scene (snakes, temple of doom) Fight scene (flying wing, rock crusher) and a huge chase that is inasnely unique (truck chase, mine cars)

That's my version of how to save Indy.

emtiem

No thanks to Henry Sr. We did that film already and heaven knows Indy doesn't need more people following him along. And Sir Sean definitely shouldn't be using his time to do this: if he's going to make another movie I want something a bit more dignified, grown-up and important: he's a top movie star/actor.

I-Jones

Harrison Ford 'Waiting On A Script' For The Next 'Indiana Jones' Movie

Source: http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2009/09/21/harrison-ford-waiting-on-a-script-for-the-next-indiana-jones-movie/

<embed src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:uma:video:mtv.com:438951" width="512" height="319" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" flashVars="configParams=type%3Dnetwork%26vid%3D438951%26uri%3Dmgid%3Auma%3Avideo%3Amtv.com%3A438951%26startUri=mgid%3Auma%3Avideo%3Amtv.com%3A438951" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" base="."></embed><div style="margin:0;text-align:center;width:500px;font-family:Arial,sans-serif;font-size:12px;"><a href="http://www.mtv.com/movies/trailer_park/" style="color:#439CD8;" target="_blank">Movie Trailers</a> - <a href="http://moviesblog.mtv.com/" style="color:#439CD8;" target="_blank">Movies Blog</a></div>

DocWhiskey

Well, it's obvious Indy still brings a smile to The Ford's face.

You could tell she could care less about saving the environment and just wanted the scoop on Indy 5 haha.

caats

Yeah he's definitely loving being back in the spotlight a bit!

but will he ever learn the importance of a haircut!?? Seriously, if he'd grow his hair just a bit longer and comb it over a bit, he'd look so much younger.

emtiem

caats said:
but will he ever learn the importance of a haircut!?? Seriously, if he'd grow his hair just a bit longer and comb it over a bit, he'd look so much younger.

He doesn't care about looking longer. That's why I quite respect him for not dyeing his hair for Skull.

Lambonius

DocWhiskey said:
Well, it's obvious Indy still brings a smile to The Ford's face.

You could tell she could care less about saving the environment and just wanted the scoop on Indy 5 haha.

Haha...I think that smile was more of an "ugh...I can't believe she threw that one in there--when will these people just give me some peace?!" smile. ;)