General Indy 5 Thread - rumors and possibilities

Honestly...will there be another Indy film in the next decade?

• Total voters
Montana Smith said:
He might come back in front of the camera if the project was something special. And that would be good news for all of us. If the Harrison gift thing is real, then it indicates that the Henry Sr. character will be something more than mere window dressing or self-reference.
I've read quotes where he called Last Crusade a projest he's most proud of...and there are certainly interviews where he's said he would come back, (old ones). If they get the project together before he dies, I have a feeling its to kill him off. Give Sir Sean an epic death scene!

phantom train

Though I truly enjoyed KOTCS and thought it was actually far superior to LC, I don't know how good a 5th IJ film would be - there are a lot of ways to mess this up, though if it's done right I agree it has the potential to be great.

However, if they do make a fifth one, I definitely have 0 interest in seeing SC again. Though I've liked him in other films (notably the 1960's/early '70's JB movies), I thought he was sorely mis-cast in LC, and felt that Lflm. should have gotten another, lesser-known actor. In fact, I remember reading somewhere that one of the people involved in the making of LC actually said that SC would "unbalance" the film. Plus, since Henry Sr. had passed away by the late '50's (prior to KOTCS), if he were to make an appearance he would need to appear in flash-backs - that is, unless the film was chronologically set prior to KOTCS.

That all being said, I hope a 5th IJ film is made, if only because I want to see more IJ action figures/vehicles - it seems like the only way for Hasbro (or whoever makes these) can justify producing more IJ toys would be another film. I was a big fan of the 2008 IJ Hasbro toyline, and was very dissapointed that it got cancelled before many of the planned characters were produced (i.e., German Mechanic, Satipo, etc.). And, I would like to see a re-release of the very hard-to-find TOD figures.

Hopefully this will come out in the next couple years - I don't think I can wait 19 years again :D

Montana Smith

Blue Jay said:

"I think, from the little rumours that I hear from time to time, they are working on a story," Allen told Sun Media.

This confirms that her autograph and note stating she would be filming Indy 5 was a joke. All she has is "little rumours", which adds nothing to the rumours we've already discussed.

I still think the only time we can be sure there's an Indy V is when it finally hits the cinemas!

Montana Smith

Mitchellhallock said:
Will ask her in person at MegaCon in MA in November. And the note she sent me was legit. I have it in my collection.

The legitimacy of the note isn't in question, but rather the manner in which she intended the words to be taken: that is, it sounds very much like she was pulling your leg, rather than stating a fact.

RaiderMitch

TR.N Staff Member
I also have an email from her saying she would know after January if she could appear at our ComiCONN because she might be filming Indy 5. So if anyone was going to pull my leg I couldn't think of a more lovely actress than Ms. Allen to do it. ;)

Montana Smith

Mitchellhallock said:
I also have an email from her saying she would know after January if she could appear at our ComiCONN because she might be filming Indy 5.

If the latest quotes from her are to be believed, it indicates that the situation is very uncertain. It doesn't sound good that she would be referring to "little rumours" about a story being written. It's sounds like she might have been informed of the possible return of Marion, but since then it's all gone back into the melting pot.

Mitchellhallock said:
So if anyone was going to pull my leg I couldn't think of a more lovely actress than Ms. Allen to do it. ;)

:D

kevster

I think, from the little rumours that I hear from time to time, they are working on a story," Allen told Sun Media.
Sounds like she know as much as we do...only rumours *sigh* :rolleyes:

The fifth instalment of Indy may take years. "They take their time figuring it out," Allen says. "They want it, of course, to be the best film that they can possibly make.
Ofcourse they want it to be the 'best' film! We all do, but "may take years!?" let's hope not!

Big Thanks for posting the link! It's nice to see some more indy 5 news/rumours lately!

Last edited:

RaiderMitch

TR.N Staff Member
You're welcome. I wish I had more to post lately. I am interviewing Lucasfilm author JW Rinzler tomorrow afternoon for the IndyCast. Hopefully I can find some tidbits of info. Listen to the interview when it's posted and I will try to write it up for theraider main site soon too. Check out our facebook page as I post "news" there as well.

kevster

Mitchellhallock said:
I also have an email from her saying she would know after January if she could appear at our ComiCONN because she might be filming Indy 5. So if anyone was going to pull my leg I couldn't think of a more lovely actress than Ms. Allen to do it. ;)

Ahhhh, so now I understand what you said 3 months ago, now I see the connection ;) lol:

Mitchellhallock said:
The fate of Indy 5 filming will remain a mystery until Jan 2011. That's all I can say. After that we will know if it happens at all

RaiderMitch

TR.N Staff Member
Bingo! That's what I was referring to. So I don't know why she'll know her schedule after January. But hopefully it's good news for all of us with regards to Indy 5.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Good eye with that Allen quote! It goes on the pile with the rest of the legitimate chatter. It's curious we're hearing from everyone this month except Shia and his many current and embargoed interviews for his delayed movie due Friday.

kevster

Mitchellhallock said:
Bingo! That's what I was referring to. So I don't know why she'll know her schedule after January. But hopefully it's good news for all of us with regards to Indy 5.

Yes! What did I won :cool:

But seriously.. when did you get this mail from Karen?

Cause I have the feeling that after january 2011, there's still no Indy 5 script ;)

kevster

Mitchellhallock said:
Early June.

owkeeee *getting a bit more hope right now * But still I'm not sure about the whole time line thing in 2011, I have the feeling things are going soo slowly (the script)..

Hopefully someone will ask Shia about it during his promotion of Wall Street, and that he can clear things up :D