Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings

DIrishB

Dr.Sartorius said:
That's because the trailer for the game is practically 5 years old. :rolleyes:

Yeah, it remains to be seen just what this game will look like on the next gen systems (or are they current gen systems now...the Xbox 360, PS3, and Wii, I mean).

Irfaan

I am VERY worried! I just wish it is announced and released as soon as possible! But they have not even mentioned anything, nothing at all.

I have a feeling it's debunked, sadly :(

C'mon Lucasarts!!!! What has gotten in to you!

Anyway i am going to go back to watching the rest of my Young Indiana Jones collection, bye!!! and i hope it is shown at e3!!!

RaideroftheArk

Dr.Sartorius said:
That's because the trailer for the game is practically 5 years old. :rolleyes:

It's been 5 years already? My goodness they are so slow...that can't be good.

Well...it might be understandable, I guess with The Force Unleashed coming out soon. Still, wouldn't it have been better for Indiana Jones to have a new video game come out the year his new movie did?

DIrishB

The Tingler said:
Here's all the latest info, direct from LucasArts' mouth. Not too long before we see the game again, I think.

After September and TFU's release, probably.

Thats good news. And I have to agree, after SWTFU's release, we'll probably start getting more concrete info on this game. Right now, TFU is Lucas' main focus (video-game wise). It'll probably have a 6-12 month window before we see the release of the Indy game in 2009. Reports I've seen are placing the new Indy game's release in April, 2009, though I expect it closer to summer or fall, 2009 (its a rare thing for a game to ship when stated, and given this title's track record...).

Still, very good to hear this game is still in development and being given a serious push by Lucasarts to be completed.

Tennessee Smith

From what I can tell, it looks like Lucasfilm may be prepping up for some big Indy stuff this holiday. I'm not saying the game is being release, far from that but I believe we'll start seeing another waive of Indy related merchandise this Christmas season. Hopefully, we'll get a good glimpse of the game by then...

The Tingler

I predict once TFU's out the way (Sept 16th) we'll be seeing a lot more Indy-related stuff from LucasArts, especially when the DVD of Indy KOTCS comes out.

Bjorn Heimdall

I was a bit concerned about the front page story that "top men" where still working on The Staff of Kings. I thought that meant they'd put it in a box and shipped it to Area 51.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Jonesy9906753 said:
when exactly did they give this game it's title?
Lucasfilm filed the trademark August 9 2007, the same day as "Crystal Skull," but without "Indiana Jones and the." They picked the wrong day to file if they wanted to keep it secret. Several game designers have since mentioned the whole title inadvertently online.

Ska

You are The Man, The Man!

Glad to see this is still in progress.

Plus they linked TheRaider.net!

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
- Art with Indy and the staff of Moses shows Indy striking water with the staff, with Nazis in the background.
- The same elephant chase art that's been around for a while is up, so the elephant ride/chase could still be a go.
- In addition to San Francisco locations include India and China; I was hoping the elephant chase might take place on Lombard St. Sigh.
- One piece shows Indy looking at the Golden Gate Bridge being built. Previously we'd heard the game takes place in 1939, but the bridge was finished in 1937.
- Art also shows a Zepplin called the Odin.
CHUD still thinks it's the staff of Moses. But Moses didn't strike the Red Sea to part it. Aaron's rod, however, struck the Nile before the Plague of Blood in Exodus 7, right after the rod turned into a snake.

WillKill4Food

Moedred said:
CHUD still thinks it's the staff of Moses. But Moses didn't strike the Red Sea to part it. Aaron's rod, however, struck the Nile before the Plague of Blood in Exodus 7, right after the rod turned into a snake.
Yeah, but Indiana Jones stories aren't always perfectly historically accurate.

Lord_glavin

I hope the staff isn't involved in too much of the gameplay, I get bored of gimmicks like that really quickly.

Of course, having some sort of 'mystical power' is lucasarts way of competing with themselves in that "The Force Unleashed" showcases their physics engines much more than a guy with a hat and no magical powers.

But, imo, I'll enjoy a meaty brawler/adventure much more where your opponents can actually hurt you, in contrast to having basically godlike powers and being able to throw a hundred guys by flicking your wrist, and then shoot lighting at them, then fly at them, and cut then in half with a lightsaber.

seems a little unfair to me lol

I still hope to Jebus that there is some actual puzzle solving in this game that require an IQ higher than that of your average goat