Kensington Runestone ???

mister64

What's the story behind the Kensington Runestone? It sounds more like a heist flick Mcguffin, in a museum already somewhere.

Junior Jones

Jack Nelligan said:
The Knights Templar could also be involved with bringing this stone to North America after being banished from Continental Europe.

This sound like it may retread ground already covered by National Treasure.

Jack Nelligan

Junior Jones said:
This sound like it may retread ground already covered by National Treasure.

I was thinking the same thing, but I it were cone right, and focused more on the European aspect of the story and who came over her and how, it might work. Still, I find the story of this stone very interesting. How did National Treasure not include it?

garzo

I believe it plays a major role in William Dietrich's latest Ethan Gage novel, "The Dakota Cipher."

It's the third book in the Ethan Gage novels, which began with "Napoleon's Pyramids" and "The Rosetta Key."

They're fantastic books and if they haven't yet been optioned for film, they surely will soon (although I suspect they have by now) -- they would make a great film series and a new Indiana Jones for the 21st Century.

Ethan Gage is an 18th-century rogue and adventurer who once served as an assistant to Benjamin Franklin and later went on to find adventure on his search for fortune and glory in Europe and the Middle East during the Napoleonic wars. He even ends up running afoul of the little Corsican himself before returning to the U.S. on another quest, this time for the secret of the Kensington Runestone.

Uki

Interesting, but I would hope for something a little different. Those than Gage books sound cool, garzo! I may have to look into them!:D