San Diego Comic Con (SDCC) General Discussion

iLUVINDY

ChromiumBlue37 said:
There is still the Hasbro Q & A panel with slideshow, (just like last year when this line debuted). This typically happens on the Friday afternoon of SDCC, so that means, it's happening now, (I hope)!

good, hopefully they will give us a sneak peak at 2009, some new figures and stuff. CANT WAIT!! :whip:

Goonie

bonoferox said:
If Hasbro marketed a diorama playset like that I would fall madly in love with them....

The bridge set up is very cool.

I agree! just get Hasbro to mass produce their convention display and I'd buy. The one from last years was good with the South American temple/pyramid.(y)

mfisher

These battle packs are just getting better and better!!!

I dunno... it looks to me like these are just ways of repacking the same thing over and over and having collectors go, ooooh wow.. I already have three of that figure.. but I'll buy it again since the box looks different... I just can't buy the same thing repackaged and really enjoy it... but there is never a shortage of completeists in the figure collecting community !

ChromiumBlue37

That was just me being sarcastic!

They display beautifully, but damn why buy more of the same action figures we have sitting on the pegs.

Vance

The Cairo one is actually good. But, if I really want a troop builder set, how many of the same Indiana Jones do I NEED?

vf wing

Well, with no new movie on the immediate horizon, Hasbro has to watch how much of this stuff they pump out. Indy mania really has already died down and the figs are pegwarming. Rehashes of already-released figures save them production and tooling costs, so it's less risky for them and still gets a little something new out there for collectors.

A big push with a lot of new releases that sold soft could end the line. It seems like they want to be in it for the long term, which is a decision i applaud. But in reality it means only a trickle of new releases here and there. I can deal.

I think they're planning to alternate their future pushes between Star Wars, GI Joe, and Transformers, all of which have new movies coming in the following year or so. Indy will be almost more of a side line, but hopefully still be around. If they did a wave of six figures every three months and one or two vehicles a year i'd be a happy camper.

Crack that whip

Vance said:
The Cairo one is actually good. But, if I really want a troop builder set, how many of the same Indiana Jones do I NEED?

Hey, we LEGO Indy enthusiasts get the same Indy minifig with every LEGO Indy set, regardless of era or who else is included. You Hasbro collectors will suck up multiple Indys and like it!! :whip:
:p ;)

Goonie

vf wing said:
Well, with no new movie on the immediate horizon, Hasbro has to watch how much of this stuff they pump out. Indy mania really has already died down and the figs are pegwarming.

The problem is Christmas isn't in the summer when all the big blockbusters are out in theaters. I think sales and interst in Indy will pick up again starting in October when the KOTCS DVD comes out. Black Friday should give it a boost and hopefully, by Christmas, we here in Canada will finally get the LC wave. ;)

MaxPhactor23

It appears there might be a few deluxe Temple of Doom sets on display. On the Doom side of the showcase there?s a sacrificial cage with Willie inside, Mine cart, and Alligator. These could just be there to add to the atmosphere, or they could be legitimate pieces being released.

ChromiumBlue37

I am watching a live feed from Dan Curto at Rebelscum.com

Included in the presentation/slideshow are -

3 3/4 " figures of

Indy German
Marion Dress
German Mechanic
Toht
Sallah

ChromiumBlue37

FINALLY!! Whoo-hooooooooooooo!!!

Slide68.JPG

Billy Ray

Wow, those battlepacks are pretty underwhelming:rolleyes: I don't see anything new in them, or even re-tooled. I suppose I might get the Tank set if I haven't found a Vogel by the time it comes out, he is the only figure out that I still need. At least then I will have a couple more German soldiers and an Indy and Henry for custom fodder.

Can't wait to see pics fromt he slideshow though!

**EDIT*** Guess I don't have to wait ^:D WOW, they all look GREAT! I wonder if Toht will come with his overcoat though?

MaxPhactor23

These look pretty awesome. I hope Sapito comes with some tarantulas though. Even more importantly, I hope Toht comes with his overcoat cape-like deal. Am I the only one annoyed by the lacking of it? This begs the question?where is Belloq (Egypt), Marcus, and Dietrich? Weren?t they all confirmed too?