• Cars

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Ratatouille

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • WALL-E

Votes: 1 3.0%

• Total voters

No Ticket

I hate Finding Nemo. I actually like Monsters Inc. best, but Toy Story comes in a close second.

The rest are all pretty much tied in third place.

Matinee Idyll

The Toy Story films and Monsters Inc. were the best by far. Nemo irked the **** out of me, Incredibles was merely ok (despite my love of Brad Bird) and Cars was godawful.

Antz kicked the crap out of Bugs Life... and the Iron Giant was better than all of the Pixar features (except perhaps the original Toy Story).

Still, Ratatouille looks fantastic - can't wait to see it.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Poll updated.

Cars 2 has a subplot about fossil fuels. The fuel truck in Cars featured a dinosaur, perhaps the only organic creature in the movie. I still wonder, how do (or did) they coexist? And how will they they manage all the explosions without maiming sentient vehicles?

Cars remains a $2 billion/year business ("there’s only so much pent-up demand for passive-aggressive talking cowboy puppets"). Lucas is probably kicking himself for not putting eyeballs on the spaceships.

RedeemedChild

Wall-E and Up are by far my favorite Pixar movies because they have such heart warming premises and thought provoking elements. Finding Nemo is the first Pixar film that I'd ever seen and it will always hold a special place in my heart.

I don't like Cars and Monters Inc at all. The Incredibles needs a sequel in my opinion.

Le Saboteur

Disney-Pixar loves Cars. It's a two-billion dollar a year merchandising bonanza!

Other than the sharp pencil boys, I can't imagine anybody who would honestly pick Cars as their favorite Pixar flick. Cars 2... well, I liked the animation and that's the only nice thing I can say about it.

For me though, it's a toss up between Ratatouille, Wall-E, & Up. Depending entirely upon caprice and the day of the week, I suspect Ratatouille would win out a majority of the time.

That said, I didn't entirely care for The Incredibles upon its initial release. I suspect that I went in with different expectations based on the posters and other marketing materials.

This poster, however, is closer to the movies spirit and might have drawn in a bunch of other moviegoers.

jpg_large.jpeg

Go here for a much larger version.

Le Saboteur

Attila the Professor said:
Might as well. I need to get around to seeing that one sometime.

The animation's spectacular, of course, but I wouldn't expect too much. It's very much your typical Disney princess fare. The movie Brenda Chapman wanted to make is buried in there somewhere, but was eclipsed by box office concerns.

16-brave-big-bear-little-bear-cover.jpg

Bears iz kewl, yo.

Pale Horse

Staff member
roundshort said:
I personally like Brother Bear because of Koda!

Oh jeeze!? :p

How about Brother Bear's story, with Brave's Animators?

BTW I had a dream I was given a pink wine in a panda shaped bottle...what does that mean?

and have you eaten at the Ranch, yet?

roundshort

Pale Horse said:
Oh jeeze!? :p

How about Brother Bear's story, with Brave's Animators?

BTW I had a dream I was given a pink wine in a panda shaped bottle...what does that mean?

and have you eaten at the Ranch, yet?

OK - Pink wine Panda Bottle, you are rooting for the SF Giants to wine the Series again in 2013.

I went to Ranch's grand opening a whlie back have not been back, but need to! Have you been?

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Very prescient poll options, roundshort. :)

Finding Dory takes place around 2004. I was rather hoping for a Lost crossover, maybe a sunken plane next time instead of a container ship? We do see what happened to Herbie after Fully Loaded. I thought at first it might be Joe Ranft's vehicle.

It will probably make a billion dollars and spawn another sequel. Gill and company make an appearance at the end, having crossed the Pacific like Kevin Costner in Waterworld, drinking his own waste. Hard to believe Willem Dafoe is only 60.