The Indiana Jones Timeline / Chronology

Plaristes

As far as I can recall, there's no date given in the comic. The April 1993 date comes from the airdate for "Vienna, November 1908."
I've seen some of the Old Indy bookends, but not all of them. I got confused trying to figure out which of your youtube videos went with which episodes and so never got around to finishing them. :eek:

Lao_Che

Plaristes said:
Ugh, the facebook diary for Temple of Doom was put up today. It moves ToD from December to June 1935. Any guesses on when the prologue in Susan Weyn's novelization has to be moved to? And since Emperor's Tomb takes place before, when does it need to be set? "The City of Dreams" in Indiana Jones Adventures and Indiana Jones and the Cup of the Vampire are set in May (IIRC), so that doesn't really leave room for the video game, does it?

City of Dreams is May (which Indy isn't involved with anyway), Cup of the Vampire is "summer".

ToD prologue has to be in or after January when Indy comes back from Shrine of the Sea Devil (UG sez Amelia Earhart rescue in February which is anachronistic). ToD book has Indy in December after arriving in China "months earlier" after July prologue. UG has Tomb in May/ToD in June. Tomb manual dates all over the place just like his doctor recommends. ;)

So although the months are now wrong, if we take what would have been four months between ToD prologue (July) and Tomb (November in book as ToD was December) as canon... February for ToD prologue? If that makes sense?

There is room for Indy to:
-Come back from South Pacific/Shrine of the Sea Devil
-Have Peacock's Eye meeting at Empire State Building
-Go to Ceylon
-Meet Mei Ying/Kai at Barnett College/British Museum/wherever that was
-Emperor's Tomb
-Find Nurhachi in Turkey
-Meet Short Round
-Have yak adventures with Wu Han/Short Round
-Get poisoned at Club Obi Wan
-Do the rest of ToD
-Have whatever adventure he/Willie/Shorty had getting back (per James Kahn's novel) to America
-Spot the shrine to Mara
-Get Forbidden Eye map fragment piece off Sallah
-Meet Dracula again

And at some point if I'm remembering correctly he'll leave Princeton or Barnett and start at Marshall. ;)

Plaristes

If anyone is interested, a friend of mine has very graciously offered to host my Indy timeline. It's now updated to include all the facebook diary entries as well as the moves required for other stories because of the new facebook dates. Link :)

Plaristes

I recently completed my collection of the West End Games Indy line. I was pleasantly surprised to learn that Indiana Jones: Magic & Mysticism: The Dark Continent and Indiana Jones Artifacts are loaded with in-universe documents. I've updated my timeline to include all of these items: check it out. :)

Exulted Unicron

I've got some interesting different dates for YIJC:

Feb 1917 - Ravenel portions of "Hawkmen"
March 1917 - Austria
April 1917 - Alhorn parts of "Hawkmen"
May 1917 - Barcelona
July 1917 - Petrograd
August 1917 - Prague
October 1917 - Palestine
unknown date 1917 - Morocco

January 1918 - Transylvania
March 1918 - Moscow
June 1918 - Northern Italy
September 1918 - Istanbul
November 1918 - Western Front/London/Egypt

January 1919 - South Pacific
April 1919 - Bombay
May 1919 - Paris
unknown date - Princeton
December 1919 - Havana

Sakis

TR.N Staff Member
JuniorJones said:
Young_Indiana_Jones_Chronicles_10_p24.jpg

So, Young Indy comic adaptations didn't show Old Indy with his eyepatch. I wish I had the chance to check out these comics. Damn!

Howlrunner

Any educated guesses as to the placement in the timeline of the nameless comic story from the Lost Treasures magazine?

I'm referring to the one featuring the Saxon helmet and zero text - the last comic strip found here: http://moedred.livejournal.com/13778.html

It features Short Round and he's got on his NY cap so I'm thinking somewhere very close to Temple of Doom (1935).

Stoo

Tiny Discrepancy

In the bridging segment of "Spring Break Adventure", Indy reads an edition of "The New York Times". Using my DVD player's zoom function, the date on the front page can be identified as: Saturday, February 26, 1916.

Googling a 1916 calendar confirms that the 26th was, indeed, on a Saturday but the real date doesn't correlate with the dialogue. At school, Indy tells Nancy that he leaves "tomorrow". While reading the newspaper at home, his dad says, "We're leaving at 6AM?I'll see you in the morning." so it's supposed to be taking place a few hours later that same day.

So either:
A) Indy was reading last week's paper.
B) There was school on a Saturday! :p

Ridiculously trivial, I know, but thought it was fun to point out for fellow timeline freaks!:)

jverne

I have just read Young Indiana Jones and the tomb of terror, in its french translation, and I have noted that the scene takes place in March 1913 (on the first page of the book), whereas the different timelines we can found there and elsewhere give "June 1913" or "Summer 1913".
So, is this a mistake in the french edition ? Or are the timelines wrong ?

Plaristes

I just read the choose-your-own-adventure novel Revolution in Russia and was pleased to see that it actually contains quite a bit of original material set prior to the episode it adapts. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to easily fit with the extra bridging material that was filmed and placed before the episode. Anyone have a creative, plausible way of harmonizing both accounts of how Indy learned he was being sent to Russia?

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
I've missed this thread. Nothing much useful comes out of Screen Rant, but here's their crack at the film chronology.

Erik Pflueger

On the official Indiana Jones facebook page, entries in an official Indy journal are slowly being added to his timeline. So far there is stuff for 1912, 1938, and 1957. Besides getting new in-universe documents (despite them being from yet another Indy journal; how many of these did he have? :rolleyes:), what's most interesting for timeliners is that each of these entries comes with a date. Leland Chee, the official LFL Keeper of the Holocron (and the Indycron) has confirmed that these are the official dates LFL uses internally for these events (link). Given how much chaos there's been because of the multiple conflicting dates for the films in various publications, it's nice to finally have official dates locked down. I don't know that I'll end up liking the dates they chose (they already contradict the dates I've been using for IJatLC in my timeline, so I'll have to adjust it), but this is still a cool little project they're doing. :whip:
Hi, folks!

Being a bit of a timeline enthusiast myself, I discovered this thread yesterday and therefore just became aware of these Indy Facebook/Twitter journal entries (Yes, eleven years after the fact; I'm very on top of things, aren't I? But in my Henri Defense, I only resumed my Indy fandom with Dial of Destiny, so, better late than never...)

Obviously, finding these entries is somewhat difficult that long after they were posted. Have they been stored for safekeeping on the Wayback Machine somewhere? If not, can someone help a brother out and hook me up with images or transcripts?

Thank you in advance for your time and attention.

INDY36

Timelines.....timelines....there is no...(are no) timelines. In my opinion (note this phrase before you vilify and excoriate me) to limit Indiana Jones to "timelines" is to imprison the character and to to circumscribe him into a finite world. Why do that? I much more like for the character to be limitless. Just a different philosophy. However, and this will certainly make me appear to be a hypocrite, but not really if you think about it, I do believe that Indiana Jones belongs in the 1930's, and nowhere else.