Watching in Chronological Order or Release Order

Which order do you perfer to watch the trilogy with?

• Chronological-ToD, ROTLA, LC

Votes: 31 32.3%
  • Release order- ROTLA, ToD, LC

Votes: 65 67.7%

• Total voters

Temple Raider

Preferred Viewing Order

When marathoning the series, do you watch TOD before Raiders or after? TOD is set before the events of Raiders, but I usually prefer to watch them in release order. With TOD's frantic pacing it can make Raiders a bit hard to sit through which is far more steady and subdued with it's pace, though not sluggish by any means. Not to say I can't enjoy Raiders after viewing TOD first, but I simply find viewing the series more enjoyable when they're viewed in order of release rather than chronologically.

TheFedora

I usually just watch them in the order of release, that is Raiders then TOD then Last Crusade, then Kingdom of the Crystal skull.

Mickiana

I have watched Raiders far more than ToD, so in a way I treat it like a stand alone movie. I enjoy ToD and LC, but for that certain feeling Raiders is the only one that can evoke. I never marathon the trilogy.

martinland

TheFedora said:
I usually just watch them in the order of release, that is Raiders then TOD then Last Crusade, then Kingdom of the Crystal skull.
Funnily enough with our daughter we did the reverse: Started with Skull, then Crusade and Temple finally followed by Raiders.
I think this worked out quite nicely because it took us two summers and there was definitely a build-up involved. (y)