New Acquisitions!!

HovitosKing

Finally! My autographed cards from Karen Allen arrived in the mail today. 1 KOTCS card and 1 original 1983 ROTLA card of Marion in white dress fending off snakes with a torch in the Well of Souls. The autos look great. Awesome!

Goonie

Exchanged my River Chase Lego set today. hopefully thisone will have all the correct pieces.

Toys R Us still had Indy m&m's out, so I got milk chocolate, peanut, and the limited edition mint crisp. I wonder if I should keep these sealed or eat them?

There's not much else out there right now, I do have my eyes set on the Akator Race Game. It's $4 cheaper at Zellers than at Toys R Us.

And yes, not one LC figure in sight. :mad:

Jack Panix

Received Henry Sr. x2, Vogel x2, and Elsa x2 from Hasbro Toy Shop last week. I ordered them back on July 3.

Then last Saturday I found 2-3 cases of LC wave on the pegs at WM. This store is in a small town and this is the first time they've carried the line. I picked up another Henry, Elsa, Knight, and Vogel; plus I found a Castle Brunwald Indy with nice paint so I got him too.

I've seen the Cairo Thugs but not Mutt with Motorcycle yet.

Dr._Jones_Jr.

Jack Panix said:
Received Henry Sr. x2, Vogel x2, and Elsa x2 from Hasbro Toy Shop last week. I ordered them back on July 3.

Then last Saturday I found 2-3 cases of LC wave on the pegs at WM. This store is in a small town and this is the first time they've carried the line. I picked up another Henry, Elsa, Knight, and Vogel; plus I found a Castle Brunwald Indy with nice paint so I got him too.

I've seen the Cairo Thugs but not Mutt with Motorcycle yet.

Not trying to be a jerk but why don't you let some people who don't have those figures get them. Hording doesn't really give others a fair shot.

RelicHunter

Dr._Jones_Jr. said:
Not trying to be a jerk but why don't you let some people who don't have those figures get them. Hording doesn't really give others a fair shot.

No Kidding! Leave some for the rest of us who can't even get ahold of 1 of each.

Jack Panix

Dr._Jones_Jr. said:
Three figures each is hoarding? Perhaps to some. But there are collectors like myself who buy multiples of any given figure for legitimate reasons.

I'm keeping one set carded and two to open for various dioramas. If I see the figures I want I'll buy them; otherwise I'd be wasting time and gas hunting for them again. Besides, there were several left of each after I got my fill last Saturday. Which is why I was able to pass on the 2 Henry, 2 Young Indy, and an LC Indy at the local WM today. Hopefully they were snatched up by another local collector.

I really wouldn't worry about finding these figures. There are only two waves left for this year; and the holiday shopping season is near at hand so stores will be ordering lots of product. Plus some figures will be included in the multipacks as well, such as the Target exclusive pack with Indy, Henry, and Vogel.

RelicHunter

Just got a call from my mom who is on vacation in Panama City Florida. She stopped by a Wal Mart and picked up the LC wave, and said there were about 3 or 4 of each figure. So for those in Florida, looks like the LC Wave is showing up in your area.:)

ForbiddenEye

RelicHunter said:
Just got a call from my mom who is on vacation in Panama City Florida. She stopped by a Wal Mart and picked up the LC wave, and said there were about 3 or 4 of each figure. So for those in Florida, looks like the LC Wave is showing up in your area.:)

'Bout time!
(y)

Knowing that, It'll still end up being forever until I find them...
(n)

Crack that whip

Goonie said:
I have to go exchange the River Chase Lego set today :( . There's one piece missing that holds the back end of the Duck together. This is the first time I encountered a piece missing in a Lego set, usually I end up with a couple of small extra pieces.

Ugh, that's too bad. Yes, LEGO sets typically include extras of the smallest pieces (like the 1x1 round plates) that are most likely to be lost; they intentionally include these to help ensure people can still build the models if they lose one or two of those small pieces.

Goonie said:
Exchanged my River Chase Lego set today. hopefully thisone will have all the correct pieces.

FWIW, LEGO has a customer service page you can use to order replacements for missing or defective pieces at no charge. It's probably a better way to go than returning whole sets to stores. I recently requested replacements from it myself for a couple parts with minor defects in some sets I got recently, and they sent me the requested elements quickly, in just a few days (a lot faster than the weeks they said to allow), and in little reusable zip-loc baggies marked "LEGO Service," which are great for using for small bits of LEGO (no more so than any other, more ordinary zip-loc baggies, of course, but hey, they've got the LEGO logo on them, so... :D ).

As for my own recent Indy acquisitions, yesterday I finally received the first two issues of my subscription to the new magazine - they came together (!). I've also acquired various other new additions to my collection over the last couple months, most of which I haven't recorded here, and I won't bother with all of them, but I think I'll go ahead and mention I've gotten most of the LEGO sets so far - all of them but Temple of the Crystal Skull, Jungle Cutter, Peril in Peru, and of course the SDCC exclusive (and the keychains, but I do have those on order) - as well as the teaser and release one-sheets for Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, the style "B" one-sheet for Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, a complete basic set of the Heritage trading cards (plus one magnet and two parallels), some of the KotCS trading cards (plus a promo and one of the specials), the KotCS soundtrack CD and the book The Complete Making of Indiana Jones. Of the items I've gotten lately (anytime in '08, say), those are the items I consider the highlights.

Last edited:

Uki

Not an acquisistion, really, but I did see Young Indy, Tie Indy, and Henry at the Wal-Mart on 2920 the other night. I thought about grabbing another Henry to possibly customize a Professor Indy or maybe (somehow) a Stanforth, but I left him for another fan, or heck, even a kid! At Target today, I saw a few Tie Indys, and it looks like the stock is moving well there. They still had a mutt on bike from over a week ago, though.

Crack that whip

Uki said:
Not an acquisistion, really, but I did see Young Indy, Tie Indy, and Henry at the Wal-Mart on 2920 the other night. I thought about grabbing another Henry to possibly customize a Professor Indy or maybe (somehow) a Stanforth, but I left him for another fan, or heck, even a kid!

Leaving a toy for a kid?! What the heck's the matter with you?!
:p

Uki said:
At Target today, I saw a few Tie Indys, and it looks like the stock is moving well there. They still had a mutt on bike from over a week ago, though.

"Still"? Is a week a long time, now? It's really disheartening to me how such short shelf lives are apparently the norm these days...

As far as "just looking" goes, I was at Toys 'R' Us today to look at LEGO and other items, and finally saw the Peril in Peru set in person for the first time - they've never had it any time I've been there. I was also pleased to see they in fact had at least one of each of the nine sets (all of them except the Brickmaster and SDCC exclusives); on some of my recent visits they seemed to be out of this set or that set or these sets or those, so they must be restocking them, which seems like a good thing to me - not that I personally need to have them at TRU, since I'd rather get my LEGO from someplace that doesn't exorbitantly overcharge for it, but I'm glad they're apparently doing well. Actually, though, it appeared they'd gotten in considerably more LEGO sets than usual recently; they had a number of new sets from all sorts of lines, and even some Belville sets, which this TRU has never had before, as far as I can tell. But anyway, it was good to me to see a full complement of Indy LEGO sets there. I came close to picking one up while I was there, but decided against it at the last moment. I haven't been getting the sets as quickly as I'd like, no thanks to certain financial issues, but I'm determined to collect the Indy LEGO line as completely as I can, and will get them all eventually - just not this week, it seems.

Dr._Jones_Jr.

Picked up two of the Indiana Jones LEGO sets. I also recieved LEGO Indiana Jones for PS2 for my birthday.

review_legoindy1_1.jpg

7620-0000-xx-13-1.jpg

indyclone25

have you seen the Hasbros kids roleplaying whip that makes noises? it comes with a dvd now . "the adventures of indiana jones " or somthing like that . my son wants the whip and i want the disc --- but i guess that it is hitting the shelves now --- i wonder what else will change and come packaged with a disc?

HovitosKing

Dr._Jones_Jr. said:
Picked up two of the Indiana Jones LEGO sets. I also recieved LEGO Indiana Jones for PS2 for my birthday.

Nice. I just got PS3 for my birthday, and am thinking really hard about buying Lego Indy for it. Let me know what you think of the game.

Dr._Jones_Jr.

HovitosKing said:
Nice. I just got PS3 for my birthday, and am thinking really hard about buying Lego Indy for it. Let me know what you think of the game.

The game is super fun. Very addictive. Lots of replay value. It's worth owning.

Vance

Nothing huge, but my two 'Akator Skeletons' came in the mail. I'm actually just putting these right on ebay, since I'm now PAST being 'out of room'. :S

Lambonius

Yesterday was my 25th birthday.

My fiancee picked me up from work in the early evening and drove me blindfolded out to the park, where she and several of my friends and family had set up a surprise Indy-themed birthday party for me.

It was very much a traditional feel-like-a-kid-again birthday party, with cake and party favors and everything. She had picked up all the KOTCS party supplies (which I've kept for my collection by the way,) a second KOTCS teaser poster (the one of Indy standing alone against the orange skull background) which was used (naturally) for a rousing game of "pin the fedora on Indy," and she made an Indy cake frosted with a hand-drawn image of a fedora and whip (she's an artist, so this part actually came out exceptionally well) and topped with Map-room Indy with Cobra and Cairo Marion Adventure Heroes figures as cake-toppers (excellent idea, by the way.) She got my mom in on it by having her make a little mini-album of old and new pictures of me in various Indy costumes (some on Halloween and some just because I'm a huge nerd.) This part was great because there were pics of me at like age 7 in my first Indy costume and pics of me now in my adult Indy gear.

On the gift front, I received the Indy DVD Adventure Game, the Lego Last Crusade motorcycle chase set, and a handful of Indy birthday cards (including two different musical ones that played versions of The Raiders March.) Though not Indy-related, I also received the Hoth patrol Hasbro battle pack, which marks my first set of Star Wars figures since the mid-90s Kenner figures. It's a great set, and a good value with 5 figures for $19.99.

I have a TON of pictures, but I have to get several off one of my friends' cameras, then I'll post a bunch of pics (probably in a new Indy birthday parties thread or something.)

All in all, a friggin' AWESOME birthday and a great day for Indy acquisitions!! (y)

Crack that whip

Well, coolness. Many happy belated returns!

_____________________​

I've just received my Artifact Crate Paperweight from Gentle Giant. Wow, I love it! It's very nicely done. I didn't even know about all the details of the sculpture - specifically, the miniature period magazines and newspapers lining the floor of the crate; very sweet! The rubber snakes are of course just ordinary cheap toy snakes of the sort one can get for pennies in the cheap toy aisles in supermarkets and the like, but it's a nice touch to include them at all.

My crate assortment is the all-Raiders collection, with the Chachapoyan fertility idol and the Well of Souls hieroglyphic tablet. Ooh, I hadn't realized the Idol was a solid hunk of actual metal - I thought it'd be plated or painted plastic or ceramic, but no. It's quite hefty, and would take more than one similarly-sized sandbag to displace it on a booby-trapped pedestal (this one apparently lacks an internal cavity for eye-moving mechanisms, you see). The tablet is pretty cool, too.

The magnets built into the hat and the crate corner hold the hat on the crate reasonably securely - certainly enough for a shelfbound display piece that's not going to be swooshed around like a toy plane or something. The sculpting and paint are pretty nicely done, and I think it's one of the most attractive "collectible sculpture"-type collectibles at this price point or price points a notch or three higher. Having seen this one now, my only quibble with the product is that aside from having to get multiples to get all the artifacts, not all the artifacts I'd like to see are represented in the collection. I know GG won't issue additional ones with different contents, since the pieces are all clearly marked as being one of 3000 (for all crates, not for each crate assortment), but perhaps they could be persuaded to issue a supplemental artifact assortment on its crateless own, perhaps with the Cross of Coronado, the Jackal headpiece, the headpiece of the Staff of Ra, and the Peacock's Eye (hey, a fan can dream!).

All in all, it's a fine piece, and having gotten this one and found it quite pleasing I very much want to get a couple more to complete a set. I may start trying to do just that, actually. Perhaps, for those collectors who do get multiples of this and wind up with the same MacGuffin assortments, we should start a new trading thread...

RelicHunter

Lambonius said:

My fiancee picked me up from work in the early evening and drove me blindfolded out to the park, where she and several of my friends and family had set up a surprise Indy-themed birthday party for me.

It was very much a traditional feel-like-a-kid-again birthday party, with cake and party favors and everything. She had picked up all the KOTCS party supplies (which I've kept for my collection by the way,) a second KOTCS teaser poster (the one of Indy standing alone against the orange skull background) which was used (naturally) for a rousing game of "pin the fedora on Indy," and she made an Indy cake frosted with a hand-drawn image of a fedora and whip (she's an artist, so this part actually came out exceptionally well) and topped with Map-room Indy with Cobra and Cairo Marion Adventure Heroes figures as cake-toppers (excellent idea, by the way.) She got my mom in on it by having her make a little mini-album of old and new pictures of me in various Indy costumes (some on Halloween and some just because I'm a huge nerd.) This part was great because there were pics of me at like age 7 in my first Indy costume and pics of me now in my adult Indy gear.

On the gift front, I received the Indy DVD Adventure Game, the Lego Last Crusade motorcycle chase set, and a handful of Indy birthday cards (including two different musical ones that played versions of The Raiders March.) Though not Indy-related, I also received the Hoth patrol Hasbro battle pack, which marks my first set of Star Wars figures since the mid-90s Kenner figures. It's a great set, and a good value with 5 figures for $19.99.

I have a TON of pictures, but I have to get several off one of my friends' cameras, then I'll post a bunch of pics (probably in a new Indy birthday parties thread or something.)

All in all, a friggin' AWESOME birthday and a great day for Indy

acquisitions!! (y)

Sounds like a good time! Very creative!:)

QBComics

Lambonius said:

All in all, a friggin' AWESOME birthday and a great day for Indy acquisitions!! (y)

Sounds great! That sounds like my dream birthday. Happy late B-Day!