Indy Sound Effects?

Routledge

Hi everybody.

Of all the searching and trying to get these sound effects over the years, I've still had no luck!

Is it an industry exclusive set of sounds that are not online? Because I cannot ever find decent Indy PUNCH sound effects.

The classic splat sounds effects that are reminiscent of an Indy fight and are used in many, many action flicks with punches and kicks in fights.

Anybody know where I can get these sounds from?

Thanks.

Routledge

Hi again.
Do you have or know if there is a tracklist of the sound effects on the Lucasfilm CDs?

I don't want to risk forking out all that money and then I find those effects aren't there.

I live in the UK, so I may have to try eMule.

Thanks.

"and then I find those effects aren't there"
Given that the Indy sounds are currently being 'used' I'll wager you won't find them anywhere.

VP

Moderator Emeritus
Just recreate the effect with a pile of leather jackets and a baseball bat.

I'd wager, having done more than a little sound design, and foley, that there's a lot more to it than that... but that might not be a half bad place to start.

Routledge

No - the Wilhelm scream is rather easy to find. I guess because it's not originally from Lucasfilm. But I cannot find the Indiana Jones fight sounds. It's really annoying. Classic action films since have used the punch sounds. Films like Charlie's Angels, Die Hard, Spiderman etc. etc. have all used mega beefy Indy punches in their fights. Have those complanies just bought the sounds from Lucasfilm then?

LucasFilms is using those very sound effects now.... I'd wager that because they are a commodity of such value, they're not for sale anywhere

Or if they are for sale, you might find they are VERY dear....

"Have those complanies just bought the sounds from Lucasfilm then?"
Likely not... they probably made their own...

Inbanana

I wonder... if someone who has the pc version of the "Emperors Tomb" could check their installation folder to see if it contains a sound fx folder. I played this game about a year or two ago back in the states and the effects sounded pretty authentic... though it might not be the quality that you are looking for, it could be one way to find them.

Routledge

Thanks Inbanana. But I tried that years ago. You can access the sounds, but they're not the classic ones unfortunately. Although they did have the official Indy revolver sound. So I was pleased to grab that. Unfortunately the whip sounds weren't the best either.

Routledge

Anybody have any more info on these? Of all the SFX I've ever searched for, these are still the most elusive I've ever come across! These punch sounds are the best. :(

kongisking

JayDee said:
Sorry for digging this old thread up, but I finally edited some punch sounds out of a LC scene. And because I know that some of you are still looking for them (as I did aaall these years ago) I uploaded them for you.

http://www.mediafire.com/?jqkcmd06ji7hls4

Have fun!

Stumbled upon this thread just now, while Googling these effects. Thanks a ton for doing this, man! They'll come in handy down the road! :hat:

Routledge

Thanks JayDee.

Only spotted your post years later!

Am still building them up and is still my quest to get the Indy punch sfx catalogue! :)

Got some nice meaty ones now but would be nice to have 4 or 5 of the best.

Routledge

On a side note, does anybody know what sound is used for the plane propellor sound in Raiders, for the close up when Indy is fighting the first lesser mechanic and the metal rod strikes the prop, the propellor has a beautiful whooshing sound, but can't seem to recreate this at all.

Anybody know what Ben Burtt used for this moment?