TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > Beyond the Films > Indy Literature
User Name
Password

Old 04-16-2013, 09:35 AM   #276
Goodeknight
IndyFan

Karen Allen looks thrilled to be holding a 20-year-old comic book.

I wonder if stars in her position ever picked up comics like that just to see what their characters were doing in their continuing adventures. I mean, if I was a Hollywood type, and I played a character that appeared in comics (before or after the movie came out), I'd probably check them out. But it seems that would be the only reason Karen Allen would be curled up reading Marvel. Dontcha' think?
Goodeknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 03:51 PM   #277
harvey
IndyFan

I don't know if she was thrilled, but she did get a kick out of it. And she wasn't aware there was an Indy comic.
harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 04:07 PM   #278
JuniorJones
TR.N Staff Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey
I don't know if she was thrilled, but she did get a kick out of it. And she wasn't aware there was an Indy comic.

I hope you subbed her a few issues!
JuniorJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 08:18 AM   #279
Goodeknight
IndyFan

Quote:

Really?!? That's an extra-awesome moment, then. I can't believe she went that many years without being asked to sign one, or hearing about one, or whatever. Surprised she didn't know. Very cool.

Reminds me of the time I gave Dan Aykroyd a copy of a blues CD from a guy he hadn't heard of before.
Goodeknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:47 AM   #280
harvey
IndyFan

IndyCast 165

IndyCast. Raven's Nest. Herb Trimpe, part two. What are you waiting for? Check it out!!

http://theindycast.com/it-was-episod...heir-treasure/
Old 05-13-2013, 04:53 PM   #281
harvey
IndyFan

IndyCast 166

Want this??

Then what are you waiting for?? Check out the our latest Further Adventures segment on the IndyCast!

http://theindycast.com/how-much-of-e...st-in-waiting/

Oh, and we also review issue #15...

Old 05-13-2013, 06:33 PM   #282
JuniorJones
TR.N Staff Member

Quote:
Want this??

Indeed! I think I made an animation of that...

However, for a bit of spice...what's this?

Even some of the best collectors were not aware of them...until my little joke last year. Maybe they are getting around to "obtaining" them!
Old 05-14-2013, 12:20 AM   #283
harvey
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorJones
However, for a bit of spice...what's this?

Mama Mia! Dat's a spicy a meat-a-ball!
Old 05-20-2013, 08:02 PM   #284
JuniorJones
TR.N Staff Member

Old 05-20-2013, 10:20 PM   #285
harvey
IndyFan

Beauty and the Beast #1...nice!
Old 05-21-2013, 07:53 PM   #286
Moedred
Administrator

Quote:

Even some of the best collectors were not aware of them...until my little joke last year. Maybe they are getting around to "obtaining" them!
The other Italian covers are easy to match with their Marvel counterparts, but anyone care to guess which issues these covers depict?
Moedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 01:34 AM   #287
JuniorJones
TR.N Staff Member

There were 11 issues published by Edizioni L'Isola Trovata in 1985. (I'm surprised none mentions them). With a bit of translation you can work out the stories.

Old 05-22-2013, 03:04 PM   #288
Moedred
Administrator

Awesome, here's what I gathered from this site (with slightly brighter cover scans).
Each Italian issue contained 3 Marvel issues. Marvel #3 apparently never made it.

1. June 1985 (1, 2) The New Adventure (6) The Club of the Mystery
2. July 1985 (7, 8) Africa ’36 (13) The Sacred Cave
3. September 1985 (9) The Golden Idol (10) Amazon! (14) Demons
4. October 1985 (15, 16) The Birds of the Sea (19) The Hour of the Dragon
5. November 1985 - The City of the Immortals: (17) Toward the East (18) The Man From the Golden Mask, (23) The Secret Of The Deep
6. December 1985 (4, 5) The Mystery of Stonehenge (24) Revenge From the Past
7. February 1986 (11, 12) The Fourth Nail (25) Eldorado
8. March 1986 (29) The Rebel of Ireland (30) The Warlord (20) Across the Pacific
9. April 1986 (21) The House of the Devil (22) The End Of The Trail (28) The Tower Of Tears
10. June 1986 (26) The White Army (27) The Hidden Fortress (31) Sasquatch
11. (32, 33, 34) The Army of Shadows

Last edited by Moedred : 05-22-2013 at 04:11 PM. Reason: little more research...
Moedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 12:35 PM   #289
Stoo
IndyFan

Quote:
There were 11 issues published by Edizioni L'Isola Trovata in 1985. (I'm surprised none mentions them). With a bit of translation you can work out the stories.
Man, those covers are FANTASTIC! Especially, #3, 5, 7 & 11. Thanks for posting them, Junior! Any info on the artist/s? (The one for #7 makes it look like Indy went shopping for pants in Milan. Never before has Professor Jones dressed so slick!) The next time I go to Italy, I'll definitely be looking for these issues!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moedred
Awesome, here's what I gathered from this site (with slightly brighter cover scans).
Each Italian issue contained 3 Marvel issues. Marvel #3 apparently never made it.
Thanks for the breakdown, Moe. No. 3 isn't one of the better stories but it's too bad that one was ditched rather than #19, "Dragon By The Tail".
Stoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 09:16 PM   #290
harvey
IndyFan

IndyCast #167

After nearly two years of "Further Adventures", Keith and I have finally met face-to-face! Be sure to join us on the latest IndyCast where we celebrate the 5th anniversary of Kingdom of the Crystal Skull by visiting the shooting locations with tour guide extraordinaire, Mitch Hallock!

http://theindycast.com/damn-i-though...67-was-closer/

Then...we gather for some Crystal Skull vodka and a review of issue #16. A TRUE Raven's Nest!

http://i41.tinypic.com/eg50ci.jpg

Last edited by Moedred : 06-18-2013 at 01:07 PM. Reason: wide pic
Old 06-07-2013, 03:14 PM   #291
Stoo
IndyFan

Quote:
Then...we gather for some Crystal Skull vodka and a review of issue #16. A TRUE Raven's Nest!
That is pleasing to hear, Joe! For me, The Raven & the IndyCast are not simply for getting information about Indiana Jones but for the opportunity to connect with fellow fans. So far, I've only met one Raven member in person (fommes in Belgium) and, even though we barely talked about Indy, we had a great time. Wish I had been with you guys to sample the vodka. (By the way, I noticed that Mitch doesn't have the original issue #16. What a chump! Just joshin', eh? Not to be taken seriously.)

Regarding yours & Keith's "Further Adventures" segments, I still have much catching up to do but gotta say: For all the lovers of comic-book-related things here at The Raven, I'll never understand the *apparent* lack of interest in your show and sincerely hope that other members are listening (even if they aren't posting about it). I mean, c'mon, it's about Indy and it's about comics which are 2 things many people here OBVIOUSLY like. Regardless of that, keep on keepin' on because, I, for one, enjoy what you guys are doing.

P.S. The next time you post a horizontal photo, can you reduce the size? Wide photos screw up a thread's display on smaller screens.
Old 06-08-2013, 02:33 PM   #292
harvey
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo
Regarding yours & Keith's "Further Adventures" segments, I still have much catching up to do but gotta say: For all the lovers of comic-book-related things here at The Raven, I'll never understand the *apparent* lack of interest in your show and sincerely hope that other members are listening (even if they aren't posting about it). I mean, c'mon, it's about Indy and it's about comics which are 2 things many people here OBVIOUSLY like. Regardless of that, keep on keepin' on because, I, for one, enjoy what you guys are doing.

We're just glad people are listening!

As always, thanks for the kind words. We do get a lot of feedback through the Facebook page and by e-mail, but more is always better. Would love to read some issue reviews from the listeners...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo
P.S. The next time you post a horizontal photo, can you reduce the size? Wide photos screw up a thread's display on smaller screens.

Yeah, sorry about that. I did try to reduce the size by half, but for some reason, it posted like that.
Old 06-13-2013, 11:41 AM   #293
harvey
IndyFan

IndyCast #168

Abner? Abner's dead...or IS he?

Our review of issue #17 - The Search For Abner: The Grecian Earn - is online!

http://theindycast.com/he-chose-episode-168/

Old 06-24-2013, 07:38 AM   #294
harvey
IndyFan

IndyCast #169

Further fans -
IndyCast: Episode 169 is here! Indy becomes the man of bronze, Ed takes the High Road to China, we continue our Further Adventures 2nd Indy-versary with a review of issue #18 (The Search For Abner)....and, oh yeah...Stan the Man swings by to help us kick off the segment. EXCELSIOR!

http://theindycast.com/episode-169s-...lieve-me-indy/

Old 07-08-2013, 04:49 PM   #295
harvey
IndyFan

IndyCast #170

The time has arrived! We review the dreaded "fill-in" issue, Dragon By The Tail!!

Also on IndyCast episode 170...George Lucas ties the knot, a chat with wartime comic book artist Allen Bellman, a great competition thanks to theRaider.net, and you can find out where to purchase your own wooden Ark!

http://theindycast.com/i-keep-tellin...u-live-longer/

Old 08-13-2013, 01:13 AM   #296
harvey
IndyFan

IndyCast #171

What's the story behind this cover...and how was it the catalyst for editor Eliot Brown being fired off the book? Find out on the latest IndyCast!

http://theindycast.com/dont-get-clev...w-episode-171/

You can also get the full story on our Facebook page!

https://www.facebook.com/furtheradve...ofindianajones
Old 09-02-2013, 11:47 AM   #297
harvey
IndyFan

IndyCast #172

IndyCast #172 is here!

Further Adventures has gone to the birds! In part two of the mini-series "The Cuban Connection", legendary artist Steve Ditko has Indy crying "fowl"!

Plus, Ed and Mitch talk ComiConn. Check it out and join the fun!

http://theindycast.com/no-it-wasnt-m...y-episode-172/

Old 09-03-2013, 06:04 PM   #298
Stoo
IndyFan

For anyone in the London area who is looking for original issues of Marvel's "Further Adventures":

Issues #1-10 for £2.50 each are at Gosh! Comics, 1 Berwick St. (corner of Peter St.) in Soho.
Old 09-16-2013, 07:58 AM   #299
harvey
IndyFan

IndyCast #173

"Harry" vs. "Hairy" in the conclusion to the first Further Adventures mini-series! Join us for our review. Plus...Harrison almost gets deported, the one man Indy show gets ready to open, Indy makes his Aussie IMAX debut & is named best cinematic hero and Indy artist Lawrence Noble hits kickstarter...all on the latest IndyCast!

http://theindycast.com/dont-look-at-...-what-happens/

Old 10-05-2013, 10:49 PM   #300
harvey
IndyFan

IndyCast #174

Time to revisit the summer of '84 with part one of our Temple of Doom adaptation review. Join us on the latest IndyCast for all of the Temple talk!

http://theindycast.com/i-cant-find-e...ed-everywhere/