Old Indy in YIJ comics

ATMachine

Recently I obtained all 12 issues of the Young Indy comic book series published by Dark Horse in the early 90's. They're all adaptations of various YIJ episodes as aired, right down to the Old Indy bits.

However, there's one important difference in the comics: Old Indy still has both eyes! No eyepatch. (No glasses either, for that matter.)

This may suggest that the eyepatch and scar were a last-minute addition before the cameras rolled.

For the interested, I'm providing links to a few scans below. Not the whole comics, just enough to show off the alternate Old Indy.

Indy talks about his Egyptian adventures to two kids in a museum
More of Indy in the museum
Indy discussing Teddy Roosevelt at a charity luncheon
Indy talks about the trenches of WWI to a businessman aboard an airplane
More of Indy discussing WWI
Indy on the plane again (drawn by a different artist)
Indy in a hospital waiting room discussing adventures in colonial Africa
Indy tells the doctor about his meeting with Albert Schweitzer in Africa
Indy climbs a tree to rescue his cat Henry
Talking about Sigmund Freud to a psychiatrist
More of Indy and the psychiatrist
Indy on a park bench
Indy discusses the Austrian Emperor's attempts to secure a separate peace in WWI
Indy tells his grandchildren about a Chinese adventure at Thanksgiving
More of Thanksgiving dinner

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Weird, I never noticed that, and I own all 12 too. Guess I never watched the show.
Thanks for the pix and welcome!

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
I recently picked up #3 and 8-12. Is there a China 1908 ending issue coz #12 is the first part of the China episode and it doesn't end with what's it's supposed to, without spoiling anything.

VP

Moderator Emeritus
The China issue ends when the Jones Boys leave and pay the host. Have 'em all in Finnish, anybody wanna buy some extras? I have issues 1-4 available from the 6 published, one issue contains two US issues. So the US issues available in Finnish are 1-8.