TheRaider.net
 

Go Back   The Raven > Off Topic > Forum Games
User Name
Password

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-15-2010, 01:49 PM   #26
EgyptianPharaoh
Guest
 
EgyptianPharaoh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Inside WestWorld..."Boy do we have a vacation for you!"
Posts: 158
Clim a tree and collect Coconuts together.
EgyptianPharaoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 02:04 PM   #27
XanaduEli
IndyFan
 
XanaduEli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Coventry, England
Posts: 647
Make bagpipes out of leaves and bamboo and sing "Scotland the brave" and "Loch Lomond" while dancing the flying Scotsman.
I'm in a very Scottish mood today.
XanaduEli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 02:15 PM   #28
EgyptianPharaoh
Guest
 
EgyptianPharaoh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Inside WestWorld..."Boy do we have a vacation for you!"
Posts: 158
That's ok....you are Scottish!

Ask her to help me learn how to play a bagpipe.....I would sound like sick Elephant.
EgyptianPharaoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 02:17 PM   #29
XanaduEli
IndyFan
 
XanaduEli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Coventry, England
Posts: 647
Quote:
Originally Posted by EgyptianPharaoh
That's ok....you are Scottish!

Ask her to help me learn how to play a bagpipe.....I would sound like sick Elephant.

*sigh* I can't play them either.

I would teach you the words to "Scotland the brave" and "Spey Valley Glen" while we wave about Scottish flags, marching around the island celebrating St Andrews day.
XanaduEli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 02:24 PM   #30
Stoo
IndyFan
 
Stoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Neuchâtel, Switzerland (Canadian from Montreal)
Posts: 8,002
@XanaduMel: "Scotland the Brave" is a great tune!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EgyptianPharaoh
Then Tell him that I don't know how to start an Indiana Jones Thread...All the good ideas are taken.
D'uh...You don't have to start one....Just hit the REPLY button and reply. It's not rocket science...

If I were stuck on a desert island with you or Disco Boy, Gear, Xanadu Mel, Lonesome "Larry" Drifter...what I would do is this:

Firstly, I'd take a stick and write the words, "Indiana Jones", into the sand near the shores of the beach. (This would allow all the "Off-topic" twits to run up & down the beach-head, stamping it out with their bull-sh*t and watching the words wash away with the incoming tide...)

After that...Taking the roughest coconut husks, I'd use the fibres to make a rope. With that rope, I'd tie it together to make a noose and hang myself from the nearest palm tree...
Stoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 02:29 PM   #31
The Drifter
IndyFan
 
The Drifter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: The distant figure that walks the treeline. The man standing in the field.
Posts: 4,152
I'd tell Stoo this:
"Calm the hell down. Your constant yammering about what other people post is growing annoying. I have seen it on about six threads just today. If you dislike it, do not read it. You sound like a nagging housewife."

And thus I would say:
"I have talked about Indiana Jones plenty of times, but stop trying to tell people what to talk about. I've seen you stray to the Open Discussion table plenty of times. Hell, when there's an Indy thread that interests me, I'll post. Is that fine with you?"

I would then offer him a coconut.
The Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 02:55 PM   #32
EgyptianPharaoh
Guest
 
EgyptianPharaoh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Inside WestWorld..."Boy do we have a vacation for you!"
Posts: 158
Make Coconut milkshakes with him! ...
EgyptianPharaoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 03:16 PM   #33
Rocket Surgeon
Guest
 
Rocket Surgeon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 8,872
I'm with Stoo, though I'd probably kill the rest and use them as bait.

I'd tell EP that Yul brynner was a misogynist one trick pony hypocrite who stank like an ashtray, while chumming my chum.

Drifter, I understand your annoyance, but the kiddies are peeing in the pool.

VERY liberally stated, there are 5 out of 30 posts in the past 24 hours that marginally reference Indiana Jones.

I post in Open discussion, like everyone else...but this "infiltration" needs to be filtered. What a friggin mess.
Rocket Surgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 03:27 PM   #34
The Drifter
IndyFan
 
The Drifter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: The distant figure that walks the treeline. The man standing in the field.
Posts: 4,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Surgeon
I'm with Stoo, though I'd probably kill the rest and use them as bait.

I'd tell EP that Yul brynner was a misogynist one trick pony hypocrite who stank like an ashtray, while chumming my chum.

Drifter, I understand your annoyance, but the kiddies are peeing in the pool.

VERY liberally stated, there are 5 out of 30 posts in the past 24 hours that marginally reference Indiana Jones.

I post in Open discussion, like everyone else...but this "infiltration" needs to be filtered. What a friggin mess.

I'd tell Rocko: "Yes, I can understand Stoo's point. But, him implying that I do the same! I'll admit that I have been posting in off-topic threads lately. I just don't see any Indy threads that make me wanna post. Maybe I am losing my Indy mojo?"

Then I would hand Rocko a seashell to listen to the ocean.
The Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 03:31 PM   #35
Rocket Surgeon
Guest
 
Rocket Surgeon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 8,872
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonsome_Drifter
I'd tell Rocko: "Yes, I can understand Stoo's point. But, him implying that I do the same! I'll admit that I have been posting in off-topic threads lately. I just don't see any Indy threads that make me wanna post. Maybe I am losing my Indy mojo?"

Then I would hand Rocko a seashell to listen to the ocean.

I would tell Drifter, hey! It sounds like river rafting in India.

There is the small matter of encouragement...

Go dig up something that's interesting...this is beneath you!
Rocket Surgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 03:50 PM   #36
Stoo
IndyFan
 
Stoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Neuchâtel, Switzerland (Canadian from Montreal)
Posts: 8,002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonsome_Drifter
I'd tell Stoo this:
"Calm the hell down. Your constant yammering about what other people post is growing annoying. I have seen it on about six threads just today. If you dislike it, do not read it. You sound like a nagging housewife."?"
Six? You obviously don't know how to count. 2 or 3 is far off from 6. If my "yammering" posts annoy "Larry, the Lonesome Drifter", then don't read 'em.

Yes, I can imagine how discussion about Indiana Jones would be annoying to people who are here to talk about video games, home renovation, Zumba & some 4-year-old kid who wanders into your yard...(+Nick at Nite, etc.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonesome Dirfter with a Dorky Moustache
Your constant yammering about what other people post is growing annoying.
Really? Why is it annoying? Lonsome Drifter Larry, (with the dorky moustache) is annoyed that The Raven is discussing Indiana Jones!
Stoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 03:58 PM   #37
The Drifter
IndyFan
 
The Drifter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: The distant figure that walks the treeline. The man standing in the field.
Posts: 4,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo
Six? You obviously don't know how to count. 2 or 3 is far off from 6. If my "yammering" posts annoy "Larry, the Lonesome Drifter", then don't read 'em.

Um, it's more than just two or three there, hotrod. You CONSTANTLY complain and whine about it all the time. You sound like a broken record.


Quote:
Yes, I can imagine how discussion about Indiana Jones would be annoying to people who are here to talk about video games, home renovation, Zumba & some 4-year-old kid who wanders into your yard...(+Nick at Nite, etc.)

Eh, I guess you're blind as well as whiny. I've talked Indy a bunch of times. And, if I just so happen to talk about something other than Indy (GASP!), we all must see Stoo cry about it. But, like I said; don't read it.


Quote:
Really? Why is it annoying? Lonsome Drifter Larry, (with the dorky moustache) is annoyed that The Raven is discussing Indiana Jones!

Is it fun for you to use my real name? Oh, and very classy, Stoo! You resorted to insulting my looks now. It seems that such a know-it-all like you who has traveled EVERYWHERE should show a little more tact.
Why aren't you discussing Indy? I know; because you can't stop nagging long enough.

Run along now, and cry in some more threads.
The Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 04:39 PM   #38
DiscoLad
IndyFan
 
DiscoLad's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: An abandoned disco hall in Good Ol' Loosiana.
Posts: 1,103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo
@XanaduMel: "Scotland the Brave" is a great tune!
D'uh...You don't have to start one....Just hit the REPLY button and reply. It's not rocket science...

If I were stuck on a desert island with you or Disco Boy, Gear, Xanadu Mel, Lonesome "Larry" Drifter...what I would do is this:

Firstly, I'd take a stick and write the words, "Indiana Jones", into the sand near the shores of the beach. (This would allow all the "Off-topic" twits to run up & down the beach-head, stamping it out with their bull-sh*t and watching the words wash away with the incoming tide...)

After that...Taking the roughest coconut husks, I'd use the fibres to make a rope. With that rope, I'd tie it together to make a noose and hang myself from the nearest palm tree...

Jesus Christ, Thanks Stoo.

Yeah, If Stoo were on an island with me I'd probably help him make the rope.

Whoa, just checked out the third page of replies.
People are taking swings at each other today arn't they.
DiscoLad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 05:22 PM   #39
EgyptianPharaoh
Guest
 
EgyptianPharaoh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Inside WestWorld..."Boy do we have a vacation for you!"
Posts: 158
Wow....everyone seems a little upset up above.......

I WELL TELL A JOKE AND EVERYONE WOULD LAUGH...AND WE WOULD USE THAT ROPE TO CONTROL THE PINATA AND ..WHEN WE BREAK IT OPEN...WE WILL ALL EAT CANDY...AND BE HAPPY!
EgyptianPharaoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 05:25 PM   #40
DiscoLad
IndyFan
 
DiscoLad's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: An abandoned disco hall in Good Ol' Loosiana.
Posts: 1,103
Quote:
Originally Posted by EgyptianPharaoh
Wow....everyone seems a little upset up above.......

I WELL TELL A JOKE AND EVERYONE WOULD LAUGH...AND WE WOULD USE THAT ROPE TO CONTROL THE PINATA AND ..WHEN WE BREAK IT OPEN...WE WILL ALL EAT CANDY...AND BE HAPPY!

Ah I wish it were that simple Pharoah
but as long as there are Stoos running around here I don't see it being like that.

And that's DiscoLAD to you, Stoo. Don't be gettin' casual.
DiscoLad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 05:29 PM   #41
EgyptianPharaoh
Guest
 
EgyptianPharaoh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Inside WestWorld..."Boy do we have a vacation for you!"
Posts: 158
Hmmm...your probably right.........

I can still give you some candy thou!

( Give Him Candy)
EgyptianPharaoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 12:24 AM   #42
Attila the Professor
Moderator
 
Attila the Professor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: United States
Posts: 6,407
If I were stuck on an island? I'd make clear that the conch is reserved, an overwhelming majority of the time, for Indiana Jones related discussion. Indy's got the conch!

(Though, Stoo, I'd agree that Lonsome is not the problem. He's a member in good standing as far as I'm concerned, and even his off-topic stuff is generally substantive.)
Attila the Professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 03:48 AM   #43
Rocket Surgeon
Guest
 
Rocket Surgeon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 8,872
We'd probably discuss The Marquess of Queensberry before I had enough and took off someones head...which I wouldn't regret to my dying day if ever I live that long.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Attila the Professor
Indy's got the conch![/size]
He's saying something...shhh!

Indy: "Kill the pig...spill his blood"

Wow something's got Indy pissed, must have wanted to go for a swim.
Rocket Surgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 03:51 AM   #44
Montana Smith
IndyFan
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 10,616
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Surgeon
We'd probably discuss The Marquess of Queensberry before I had enough and took off someones head. Which I wouldn't regret to my dying day if ever I live that long. He's saying something...shhh!

Indy: "Kill the pig...spill his blood"

Wow something's got Indy pissed, must have wanted to go for a swim.

It'd be like Lord of the Flies on that Island. I hope I'd have remembered to pack that big fly swat.
Montana Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 04:00 AM   #45
Attila the Professor
Moderator
 
Attila the Professor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: United States
Posts: 6,407
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Smith
It'd be like Lord of the Flies on that Island. I hope I'd have remembered to pack that big fly swat.

I thought that's what words were for.
Attila the Professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 04:04 AM   #46
Rocket Surgeon
Guest
 
Rocket Surgeon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 8,872
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Smith
It'd be like Lord of the Flies on that Island. I hope I'd have remembered to pack that big fly swat.
You're bringing a Fly Swatter to a fist fight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attila the Professor
I thought that's what words were for.
That's the great thing about violence, you don't have to understand a punch to get the message!
Rocket Surgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 04:06 AM   #47
Attila the Professor
Moderator
 
Attila the Professor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: United States
Posts: 6,407
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Surgeon
That's the great thing about violence, you don't have to understand a punch to get the message!

True, but I'm betting a lot of folks take a right to the jaw without knowing exactly why.
Attila the Professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 04:11 AM   #48
Montana Smith
IndyFan
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 10,616
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Surgeon
You're bringing a Fly Swatter to a fist fight?

Not a bad punchline.
Montana Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 04:11 AM   #49
Rocket Surgeon
Guest
 
Rocket Surgeon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 8,872
Quote:
Originally Posted by Attila the Professor
True, but I'm betting a lot of folks take a right to the jaw without knowing exactly why.

No doubt, not the best of surprises. Darwin had a word for those type of folks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Smith
Not a bad punchline.
Wow! Very punny...
Rocket Surgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 04:17 AM   #50
Montana Smith
IndyFan
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 10,616
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Surgeon
No doubt, not the best of surprises. Darwin had a word for those type of folks...

I just noticed somebody got evicted from the island. Gone swimming with the sharks? Food for the crabs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Surgeon
Wow! Very punny...

Touche!
Montana Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:08 AM.