Hemble's Custom Indy Stuff 01/07/09

Canyon

Great work, Hemble! :D

I have another suggestion.

How about a diorama of Indy running from the Hovitos, and also in the same diorama, Jock sitting on his plane fishing? I think that you would be able to carry this off beautifully! (y)

hemble

Hi All

Canyon - Thanks mate I'm just waiting for a Sallah head now before I complete the rest so about another week fingers crossed.

And the Indy running from the Hovitos dio would be very cool, it would have to be 1/72 scale thou as it would be way to big. I actually think you can by Jock's plane and there are figures that would look great as Hovito's.

I'll have to have a look and see what I can find this is getting me intrigued.

Ron

Last edited:

Canyon

Awesome! (y) I can't wait to see that! (y)

BTW, I know that the term 'mate' in friend in Austrialian, but wasn't sure if you knew I was a gal. :hat:

hemble

HI All

Canyon - I've think I've found a plane I just have to get more details and :eek: I'll have to start saying darl or babe :D

Ron

hemble

Hi All

Well the dio is 95% done just have to do the figures and then use some pastels.

The barberd wire was given a paint of gunmetal and then a wash of hull red and beastial brown to give it a rusty look.

The boards were painted and washed using black, beastial brown and a mix of flat earth and flat white. Once dry I gave it a quick sanding.

The entrance was given a final drybrush of dark sand to tone down the darker stone colour.

Ron
mr20.jpg

mr21.jpg

mr22.jpg

Canyon

Awesome work on the dio! (y)

hemble said:
HI All

Canyon - I've think I've found a plane I just have to get more details and :eek: I'll have to start saying darl or babe :D

Ron

No problem. :hat: :D

I can't wait to see the plane. :whip:

hemble

Hi All

Canyon - Thanks and still looking for the plane hopefully not to long now..

Also guys/gals I have completed the dio and the Sallah figure have a look enjoy and comments welcomed.

mmr1.jpg

mmr3.jpg

mmr4.jpg

mmr5.jpg

mmr7.jpg

mmr9.jpg

Ron

Montana Smith said:
Great work, Ron! (y)

Now all it needs is the floor of the map room below with Indy looking up - a two-tier diorama. ;)

I agree - Indy looking up holding the tied together sheets with flag...er...umm.. wait ... isn't that sitting in my museum already?

:)

Which would mean I'd need this one to complete the diorama - curse you Ron!

Stoo

Looks superb, Ron (as usual). My only suggestion would be to add a black board/backing paper underneath the diorama to create depth in the hole. The lack of darkness below detracts from the illusion...

...Other than that, EXCELLENT!(y)

Montana Smith

throwmetheidol said:
I agree - Indy looking up holding the tied together sheets with flag...er...umm.. wait ... isn't that sitting in my museum already?

:)

Which would mean I'd need this one to complete the diorama - curse you Ron!

It was inevitable! ;)

So, how will you display both pieces? With the upper level on a glass shelf lowered to meet the top of Indy's diorama?

It's going to look incredible!

mmr5.jpg

mro2.jpg

Ron, this page is pure eye candy!

http://www.harrisonfordweb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7661&page=2 (as are the other three pages!)

hemble

Hi All

Guys/Gals - thanks so much for all the feedback on this dio and figure I really do appreciate them.

Les - drop me an email and will have a chat my friend.;) ;)

Stoo - Yes it does I'll have to give it a spray of black inside to fix that.

Montana Smith - A detolf (think that is how it's spelt) would be a great way to display it and glad you like the link as well.

Ron

Billy Ray

Ron, your work never ceases to amaze! This one is no exception. What head did you use for Sallah? It's perfect!

WOW!!! I just went through the thread for the first time and these are awesome pieces.

I think my favorite is concept Toht. Really cool piece! Thanks so much for sharing bro!

hemble

Hi All

Tohtally Indy - Appreciate the reply thanks mate.

clintonmills - Cheers mate and really glad you enjoyed the thread.

Ron