What would Mutt need to do to earn the "hat"???

Jack Nelligan

What would Mutt need to do to earn what could be called a "passing of the hat" from Indy????

What, if anything, would he need to do to "earn" the respect of the Indy lovers on the Raven?

Indy Byrd

I guess I am one of the few that actually liked the character of Mutt...I personally do not see Mutt actually recieving the hat from Indy.

I see that when Indy actually "retires", Mutt (after going back and finishing school!) will be a archaeologist, just not the same kind Indy was. If Mutt kept up his "style" of jumping in without looking first, he would not make it to be the same age as Indy. I see Mutt's attire more of a blue collar type. I don't think he could wear the trademark fedora, whip and jacket as his dad. I think he'd want to make his own mark and not live in Indy's shadow.

That is my two cents worth....:hat:

DocWhiskey

If he wasn't played by Shia LeBeouf I'm sure many here would respect him.

Personally I think Mutt was the least of KOTCS's problems.

mister64

I liked Mutt but I don't think he should wear Indy's hat. First he's too young, and second he's a greaser. The Marlon Brando-style cap is fine for him. Henry Sr had his own hat, Indy has the fedora, and Mutt can have the cap. After Indy 5 if Lucas and Spielberg want to do a Mutt Trilogy, I'd like to see it.

kongisking

Saving Indy's life. That would be a big-enough event to warrant him finally deserving of the holy fedora, I think.

Dr Bones

I agree with Indy Byrd...I think Mutt would/should become his own man and not wear the hat....besides....Indy keeps the hat into old age doesn't he?

Mutt might model himself a little on Indy but I think he'd make his own style...The 50's and 60's was when people stopped dressing like their parents once they'd left school.

Jack Nelligan

Dr Bones said:
I agree with Indy Byrd...I think Mutt would/should become his own man and not wear the hat....besides....Indy keeps the hat into old age doesn't he?

Mutt might model himself a little on Indy but I think he'd make his own style...The 50's and 60's was when people stopped dressing like their parents once they'd left school.

I'd like to see Indy go on one last adventure and then hang up the hat. Mutt can go on or not, but I doubt I would have any interest in him going forward. Maybe the bearded duo could do something to change my feelings?

RedeemedChild

Ska said:
Stop swinging around with monkeys for starters.

LOL and that was one of my favorite scenes as it was magical in nature, almost as if it was homage to the legend of Tarzan.

Mutt Williams is okay with me but I don't like Shia LaBeouf that much and I sure don't want the Fedora to be passed on to him. Harrison Ford is Indiana Jones and no one else as far as I am concerned.

I think we'd do well not to encourage Lucas to make a fifth movie as the four we've got now are quite good enough. We need an animated Indiana Jones TV show set between Temple of Doom and Last Crusade. No more movies please or it'll all be down a dark and slipper slope otherwise.

Last edited:

Jack Nelligan

RedeemedChild said:
LOL and that was one of my favorite scenes as it was magical in nature, almost as if was homage to the legend of Tarzan.

Mutt's okay with me but I don't like Shia LaBeouf that much and I sure don't want the Fedora to be passed on to him. Harrison Ford is Indiana Jones and no one else as far as I am concerned.

I think we'd do well not to encourage Lucas to make a fifth movie as the four we've got now are quite good enough. We need an Indiana Jones TV show set between Temple of Doom and Last Crusade. No more movies please or it'll all be down a slipper slope otherwise.

Who would you have play Indy in the TV show set between TOD and LC???

RedeemedChild

Jack Nelligan said:
Who would you have play Indy in the TV show set between TOD and LC???

Well since it's going to be animated I don't think that finding someone to voice a character like Indiana Jones is that difficult.

I don't think Harrison Ford will want to do voicing but then again Samuel Jackson did reprise his role as Mace Windu in Star Wars The Clone Wars and Frank Oz is Yoda yet again with Anthony Daniels as C-3PO so I don't really know. Hmm...I'm kinda run aground on that one.

I like what I see!

Even if Mutt does not get Indy's hat, his still a cool person after I saw this, I think Mutt should be a sidekick nothing more nothing less.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/evRxct5uUrI&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/evRxct5uUrI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Crack that whip

Dr Bones said:

I concur with all of this.

AnnieJones

I've said this before and I'll say it again.I don't like the idea of Shia taking over the Indy movies.I've always known Harrison as being the lead role.I don't mind the character of Mutt and I don't care if he is,or isn't,in another Indy movie.

Last edited:

Jack Nelligan

AnnieJones said:
I've said this before and I'll say it again.I don't like the idea of Shia taking over the Indy movies.I've always known Harrison as being the lead role.I don't mind the Character of Mutt and I don't care if he is,or isn't,in another Indy movie.

What would they have to do in Indy V to get you interested enough in Mutt to go and see a movie with him as the lead character?

The Drifter

Jack Nelligan said:
What would they have to do in Indy V to get you interested enough in Mutt to go and see a movie with him as the lead character?

Not have him as the lead in a movie with the title starting with "Indiana Jones and the...".