• The Man with No Name

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • The Terminator

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
M

My Name is not Important

Attila the Professor said:
The Man with No Name series gets my vote too...

The 'My Name is Not Important' Series is better :D

joe M blondie

Attila the Professor said:
The Man with No Name series gets my vote too...or rather, the "Dollars" trilogy, since he does have a name in each one...but hey! Morricone is incredible.

Though, I must admit that Sergio's best work is really Once Upon a Time in the West.

The American distributers dubbed in the names on purpose, if Im not mistaken, and the reason is a little odd.;)

"Once apon a Time in the West" really is something to behold. Whats your favorite scene? Favorite character? Wouldn't you agree its a canvas of art?

I

Indy_Jones88

The man with the Fedora aquired my vote.

If Indy was out of the equation I would have to go with the Die Hard series. This was a great series with Bruce Willis. It would have failed miserably if anybody else had played his part.

"Yipi Aye Kiye Mother F*****" --- Die Hard

Pale Horse

Staff member
The Die Hard series is one of my favorites. I know every line, que, raise of the eyebrow, and screen detail. It was my love of these films that got me into screenwriting. I used a boot legged version of Jeb Stuart/Steven Souza's script to study how a movie is put together and off I went.

If it wasn't for the character driven Leone films, this one would get my vote. True Raiders reinvented the action genre, but because of ToD, it can't get best trilogy in my book.

bungle92

The original Die Hard was a true classic that opened Bruce Willis' career and reinvented the action genre. However, Die Hard 2, I felt, was a disappointing followup as it had unmemorable villains and a contrived plot. With A Vengeance was a better sequel as it had the great Jeremy Irons as the villain and brought new life to the franchise. However, I felt that it veered more into Lethal Weapon territory with this new buddy-team approach with McClane and Zeus. I also felt the film's ending was rather weak and felt out of sync with the rest of the film.

On a further note, I consider the Indy films to be one of my top five fave film series of all time, even though Temple and Crusade had flaws, I still enjoy both of them even though Raiders is my absolute fave.

Last edited: