Any ToD fans out there?

Quickening

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom has always been my favourite Indiana Jones film. I just love it. It has such a unique atmosphere that is just unmatched even to this day. I love the darkness of it all and Mola Ram is just an awesome villian.

However, I live in the UK and I was both blown away and annoyed when I watched the US cut of the film in which the heart-ripping scene, amongst others, has substantially more footage. I was even more annoyed when I discovered that the latest Indiana Jones on DvD release STILL gives the UK audience the cut version.

Damn, will I ever see the uncut TOD on Region 2 DvD?

blueoakleyz

You know, I really like Temple of Doom

You know for some reason I sometimes let popular opinion cloud my judgment of things and I have to relook at things from an unbiased view. For example after seeing KotCS I liked it but after I got on the internet for like 10 hours straight I decided I didn't like it after reading what everyone else said. I saw it again and loved it.

Temple of Doom was always on equal footing to me with Raiders (LC is my favorite). It is a good, damn good movie. Some classic scenes like the snake surprise and chilled monkey brains and the mine carts and the villain. I always loved the name too, temple of doom, sounds so cool.

LostArk

Temple is, in my opinion, the most under-rated film of all time. Why don't most people like it? I just don't understand...Temple is up there with Raiders for me. Also, you should never let popular opinion cloud your judgment. I spent the most of the weekend after the 22nd reading all the film-bashing on IMDb and I could only laugh at how many threads they were making :D

Michael24

I've always enjoyed all the Indy films, and Temple of Doom has some of my favorite set pieces of the whole series, not to mention a rollercoaster ride of a score by John Williams. And I like Short Round.

DocWhiskey

Temple of Doom isn't my favorite Indy movie, but for some reason, it's the one I choose to see the most, especially with friends. Kinda hard to explain. I love ToD.

Henry Jones Sr

It can sometimes be easy to let popular opinions cloud your own, but I try my best not too. I loved KotCS, and after I read all the hate threads on it, I still love it. I still haven't decided which movies I like the best and in what order, as Raiders, Last Crusade, and Crystal Skull are tied for me; but I can still say, even though I always enjoy Temple of Dooms (because I enjoy all Indiana Jones films), it still isn't as good as the others, in my opinion. But that's me.

Mutt-Jones III

Yeah.

LostArk said:
I'm planning on rewatching Temple of Doom soon and I was thinking that it'd be nice to watch/discuss it live with other fans of this great under-rated movie. We'd have to choose a time and date though.

I liked it just as well as the other films. :whip:

Kooshmeister

Count me as a Temple of Doom fan as well. I love the Club Obi-Wan beginning and all of the stuff set underground, especially when Indy snaps back to his senses and starts flinging Thuggee into the lava pit, and how it just escalates from there and barely slows down until Mola Ram has gotten eaten by alligators.

Flash Dixson

Kooshmeister said:
Count me as a Temple of Doom fan as well. I love the Club Obi-Wan beginning and all of the stuff set underground, especially when Indy snaps back to his senses and starts flinging Thuggee into the lava pit, and how it just escalates from there and barely slows down until Mola Ram has gotten eaten by alligators.
I know, I love the look on shortrounds face when indy tells him he's back to normal, lol, pricless.