Indiana Jones 5: July 19, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finn

Staff member
Randy_Flagg said:
KOTCS really didn't have a 50s sci-fi feel at all, though. If that's what they were trying to achieve, they would have needed lots of scenes in science labs, and people in a panic over a possible alien invasion, etc. There was an Indy 4 draft that did that, actually, but I forget whose it was.
That was Indiana Jones and the Saucer Men from Mars by Jeb Stuart. Elements of it were actually reused in KotCS, like Indy getting married at the end, and perhaps the most (in)famous scene in the entire movie.

foreignerfred

I am in the camp that this movie will in some way introduce another actor in the role of Indiana Jones (but with Ford getting the overwhelming amount of screen time).

If you agree, who's to say this enormous casting call for "young Han Solo" didn't serve a double purpose?

For example, "The actor who just tested won't work for Han. Put him in the Indy pile."

The next Indiana Jones might already be cast for all we know, and they're writing the script with Ford and New Guy in mind.

Just a thought.

Randy_Flagg

Finn said:
That was Indiana Jones and the Saucer Men from Mars by Jeb Stuart. Elements of it were actually reused in KotCS, like Indy getting married at the end, and perhaps the most (in)famous scene in the entire movie.

Thanks for reminding me. Yep, that's the one I was thinking of. One of the good things that came from having so many different people take a stab at Indy 4 is that it was interesting reading all the leaked scripts.

Drones33

IndyForever said:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-35869648
Ford told the BBC: "I've always thought there was an opportunity to do another. But I didn't want to do it without Steven [Spielberg].

"And I didn't want to do it without a really good script. And happily we're working on both.

"Steven is developing a script now that I think we're going to be very happy with,"
He looks pretty damn good in this too, and he comes over really well. Very encouraging...

Z dweller

foreignerfred said:
I am in the camp that this movie will in some way introduce another actor in the role of Indiana Jones
giphy.gif

Pale Horse

Staff member
Why the qualifier? "for his age"?

Henry Jones VII said:
Have to agree. For a man of his age, Ford looks healthy and perfectly (apparently) capable of another Indy adventure. :whip:

Oh. Right. Because we all acknowledge he's aged from his prime. And regardless of how you feel about the study of gerontology, it's right there in front of our eyes.

3213042F00000578-0-image-a-29_1457650071960.jpg

For me personally, it will take a serious amount of suspension of disbelief to think that the man in the picture above will convince me he can do the same thing as the man pictured below. Which is what is required of the character.

yamm8n378ootyuyobvlh.gif

Now that doesn't mean that there isn't a story here. But it AIN'T going to be Raiders

Indy V will be the study of age. Make no bones about it.

giphy.gif

Even the Duke, couldn't get past it.

DARTH ZOIDBERG

Pale Horse said:

Oh. Right. Because we all acknowledge he's aged from his prime. And regardless of how you feel about the study of gerontology, it's right there in front of our eyes.

For me personally, it will take a serious amount of suspension of disbelief to think that the man in the picture above will convince me he can do the same thing as the man pictured below. Which is what is required of the character.

yamm8n378ootyuyobvlh.gif

Now that doesn't mean that there isn't a story here. But it AIN'T going to be Raiders

giphy.gif

that's what Stunt Doubles are for, you don't actually think that was actually Harrison running from that boulder? why is it such a big deal with Harrisons age with Indiana Jones but I heard none of that talk from TFA ? and I don't buy that Han and Indy are totally different characters, they are played by the same actor.

and a question to whoever might know the answer, Was David Koep officially announced by Disney and Lucasfilms for the screen writer of Indy 5? If so can someone please provide a link to the press release? I have just heard it from trade papers not officially.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
DARTH ZOIDBERG said:
that's what Stunt Doubles are for, you don't actually think that was actually Harrison running from that boulder?

It was. Look at the gif again.

stunts5.PNG

DARTH ZOIDBERG said:
why is it such a big deal with Harrisons age with Indiana Jones but I heard none of that talk from TFA ? and I don't buy that Han and Indy are totally different characters, they are played by the same actor.

Han Solo was never the lead of the Star Wars films, nor the character called on to perform most of the action. (And I think Indy is heavier on stunts anyhow; no spaceships to pick up the slack.)

These two are also played by the same actor:
alec.jpg
alecguinnessobiwan.jpg

DARTH ZOIDBERG said:
and a question to whoever might know the answer, Was David Koep officially announced by Disney and Lucasfilms for the screen writer of Indy 5? If so can someone please provide a link to the press release? I have just heard it from trade papers not officially.

Hollywood Reporter seems to be the ultimate source, but they're legitimate. Don't know Variety's practices, but perhaps they verified before printing it as well.

DARTH ZOIDBERG

Attila the Professor said:
It was. Look at the gif again.

stunts5.PNG

Han Solo was never the lead of the Star Wars films, nor the character called on to perform most of the action. (And I think Indy is heavier on stunts anyhow; no spaceships to pick up the slack.)

These two are also played by the same actor:
alec.jpg
alecguinnessobiwan.jpg

Hollywood Reporter seems to be the ultimate source, but they're legitimate. Don't know Variety's practices, but perhaps they verified before printing it as well.
my point is most of the tough unbelievable things done in films like this are done by stunt doubles, was it Harrison riding under the moving truck? No it was his stunt double, but you had to go and get technical on me:p

DARTH ZOIDBERG said:
my point is most of the tough unbelievable things done in films like this are done by stunt doubles, was it Harrison riding under the moving truck? No it was his stunt double, but you had to go and get technical on me:p
nothing is official until Lucasfilms or Disney put out a press release, Trust me;)

sorry for the double post, mental lapse, my bad.

Last edited by a moderator:

Attila the Professor

Staff member
DARTH ZOIDBERG said:

Well, but the question is not quite whether Ford is capable of doing stunts on the same level as in the earlier films. There's a compound issue here. Ford has visibly aged. As a result, Indy must also be older. So even if you have stunt performers in their prime performing on Ford's behalf, they have greater limitations in terms of plausibility because of Indy's ever advancing age.

DARTH ZOIDBERG said:
sorry for the double post, mental lapse, my bad.

No worries, merged them.

DARTH ZOIDBERG

Age Is Just A Number...

Attila the Professor said:
Well, but the question is not quite whether Ford is capable of doing stunts on the same level as in the earlier films. There's a compound issue here. Ford has visibly aged. As a result, Indy must also be older. So even if you have stunt performers in their prime performing on Ford's behalf, they have greater limitations in terms of plausibility because of Indy's ever advancing age.

No worries, merged them.
what about the plausibility of Han in TFA but I did not hear anyone complaining...

or how about Harrison in the Expendables 3 I thought that movie was really entertaining !!!!!!!!

I mean, the whole idea of these movies is based on Pulp Serials from the 1950's how does believability come into play here?

age is just a number people live longer now then before because of advancements in medicine and science 70 is the new
50!!!!!!!

my dad just thought I should ad that he is 61 and he does stunts like a young Indiana Jones, no joke he just said that when I told him of our discussion on here:D

Last edited:

Randy_Flagg

DARTH ZOIDBERG said:
what about the plausibility of Han in TFA but I did not hear anyone complaining...

or how about Harrison in the Expendables 3 I thought that movie was really entertaining !!!!!!!!

I didn't see Expendables 3, so I can't comment on that, but in TFA, Han wasn't really involved in a lot of action scenes... certainly nothing close to what we'd all expect Indy to be involved in. Come to think of it, I can't really remember any action scenes from Han in TFA, aside from a very quick shoot-out, which didn't require much physical exertion from him.

DARTH ZOIDBERG

Randy_Flagg said:
I didn't see Expendables 3, so I can't comment on that, but in TFA, Han wasn't really involved in a lot of action scenes... certainly nothing close to what we'd all expect Indy to be involved in. Come to think of it, I can't really remember any action scenes from Han in TFA, aside from a very quick shoot-out, which didn't require much physical exertion from him.
I thought he did a lot of stunts In TFA IMHO If Indy in Indy 5 does as many stunts as Han in TFA or at least as many as in Indy 4 I will be tickled Pink!

Henry Jones VII

Pale Horse said:

yamm8n378ootyuyobvlh.gif

giphy.gif

Well I was only comparing him to other men with 70 (and above). Of course an older Indy wouldn't be doing the same physical stunts as the one in Raiders, that's obvious.

And Indy V being a study of age? I can agree to that, yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.