OUR own Forum Movie JOHN TOBIN is IN KOTCS!!

tnswman

In Nazca, John plays the Cowboy wearing a BLUE shirt on the right side of the street as Indy and Mutt talk about Poncho Villa....HE is tying up his bundle on his horse!!

CONGRATS JOHN!! You made it and I can at last tell the world the secret I have held in for MONTHS!!

Everyone, Tell John what you think!!

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
tnswman said:
In Nazca, John plays the Cowboy wearing a BLUE shirt on the right side of the street as Indy and Mutt talk about Poncho Villa....HE is tying up his bundle on his horse!!

CONGRATS JOHN!! You made it and I can at last tell the world the secret I have held in for MONTHS!!

Everyone, Tell John what you think!!

Actually you weren't the only one he told and kept quiet about it....

Yure

Thumbs up!
My apologies to John for not fully believing him when he told me he was in the movie :)

jtobin13

Yure

No need for anyone to respond to first post

No worries mate!! I understand completely.Yure...its only a 6 second cameo but i'm happy to be in the frame with Indy and mutt.jt
The reason I'm there is because SS wanted an homage to Treasure of Sierra madre film (1940) the guy near me with the burro is the Walter Huston character.The tim Holt character cant be seen in shot....

Anyone know how i can get a screen shot of that scene (when Mutt says Poncho Villa ?)
cheers john

Last edited:

Agent Z

jtobin13 said:
Anyone know how i can get a screen shot of that scene (when Mutt says Poncho Villa ?)
cheers john

vlcsnap-49836.png

jtobin13

Salacious

They wanted a bogart impersonator to play Fred c. Dobbs in the scene as a nod so they found me on the web in August then had to meet the production,costumers, hair and makup dept. and MR Spielburg the second day in costume for approval so I worked 3 days for that scene at Universal..i also met Ted Grossman that day, He looked like the porter in Raiders...
jt

Last edited:

Kingsley

Congrats John!
(I kept the secret too ;) )

I would like to ask Gilles to give jtobin his own face as avatar. That would be nice.

James

jtobin13 said:
The reason I'm there is because SS wanted an homage to Treasure of Sierra madre film (1940) the guy near me with the burro is the Walter Huston character.The tim Holt character cant be seen in shot....

Hey, that's a really cool tidbit.

I saw this thread before my second viewing, so I kept an eye out for you. I liked the way you casually glanced at Indy as he walked by. I'm not sure I could've pretended to be so nonchalant. :D

IndyJr.

Wonderful idea ^

I also say they need to make an avatar. :)

Congrats Tobin for getting in the film. One of my life's dreams, and I assuming one of every person here. John you now need to get into acting... :p

sarah navarro

I remeber back when JT told me he was in KOTCS but he didnt tell me who he played.But Congratulations,whenever i see that scene i'll always remeber you(y)

commontone

I watched for you the second time I saw it jtobin. That's an awesome part you have -- a tribute to Bogie! I don't know if you were directed to do this but you subtly glance at Indy and Mutt after they've walked past; it's just enough that you are noticed, but not enough to intrude into their conversation. It works really well.

Zorg

replican't said:
Did you get close enough to smell Harrison? Was his sweat CGI?

LOL!

I didn't think Shia's performance in that scene is very realistic. He must be CGI.